Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Band Upgrades?

Default Re: Band Upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well just out of curiosity who would head this up to get it rolling---How about Gerald Guilbeau??? and Hell you guys have so many teachers!!! BTW where is my all time UL band members--I got Ritter correct I think!!!lol
    Greatest Drum Major=Spotty Body

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Wow, thanks for that 270#, I was wondering what the Pride of Acadiana was up to?! I understand that Dr Savoie wants it at least 300, have you heard this too?
    We are aware of this, but it's gonna take some time to settle in and start recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Also, their numbers are up to 270, which is I think the largest in school history! VERY anxious to see our "new and improved' band!!
    I don't want to be pessimist, but I see about 175+ band (Instruments), about 16 abreast and 11 lines, that's 176. There is not near 100 flag or other members. So if you count them, where is the 270 reported? Only reporting what I see.

Whatever. Texas State is bringing the band Saturday. Ready for a throw down!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Band Upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    SOMEBODY POST VIDEO FOR THOSE OF US WHO CAN'T MAKE IT!! (sigh.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I don't want to be pessimist, but I see about 175+ band (Instruments), about 16 abreast and 11 lines, that's 176. There is not near 100 flag or other members. So if you count them, where is the 270 reported? Only reporting what I see.
    The 270 figure was given to me by my close friend who is the PoA's videographer. I went to the picture posted of the Fleur-de-lis, which doesn't show the entire band, and counted at least 230-240.it didn't show the entire color guard or front ensemble. We're splitting hairs here if it's not 270, it's in the area. The MAIN thing is the band is BETTER, and Dr. Melley is giving them ATTITUDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    The 270 figure was given to me by my close friend who is the PoA's videographer. I went to the picture posted of the Fleur-de-lis, which doesn't show the entire band, and counted at least 230-240.it didn't show the entire color guard or front ensemble. We're splitting hairs here if it's not 270, it's in the area. The MAIN thing is the band is BETTER, and Dr. Melley is giving them ATTITUDE!!
    You are right no doubt. I was counting the best I could from the line when they were coming in. It just looked like about 16-17 abreast with 11 lines. That's how I came up with the numbers.never the less, they sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Me too!

I'd like to see us keep this pregame and make it a tradition. The band for so many years kept changing things around
    I have to say they made some wonderful changes. The only thing is that the Ragin Cajun Fanfare the first part was always played in the tunnel. It needs to stay in the tunnel.

I am ready for a wonderful Football experience along with a wonderful Marching Band experience at Cajun Field on Oct. 5th

Everyone needs to spread the word to all of our fans to get into the stadium for our bands pre gamevery exciting. and a practically full house for the team as they roll out of the tunnel will do wonders for the Cajuns

For all of you that live out of town and have not been able to make a game this year this is a recent post on Youtube of the exhibition performance of the POA and the recent District Marching Band Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeoCAt9WGI

If you go to full screen mode you won't see the ULL reference. The performance was a compilation of pregame and some of the halftime show. Notice reaction of the crowd (mostly band geeks). It looks like they enjoyed the performance and it could make some of the members of the high school bands want to come to UL. There will be another exhibition performance this weekend at the Louisiana Showcase of Marching Bands to be held at Cajun Field. This event will be for bands from around the state. So if you are so inclined, you may want to pass by the stadium this weekend just to see what takes place. The Showcase weekend is a big fund raiser for the band and the more money they make the more the band has to improve and grow. The various improvements at the stadium (although minor compared to what is planned) along with the improved band should provide a more favorable impression to some of these people that never set foot on the Campus other than for events like this. I know that throughout the course of the event the PA announcer does provide information relative to all of the various scholarship opportunities available at the University.

Hats off to Lafayette Music Company for providing sponsorship of this event. As all the construction on campus continues and eventually is completed this event will become an even better avenue to "Showcase" the University.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information