Thread: A small look into the numbers

Default A small look into the numbers

So.I have been hearing all the we suck talkyeah yeah I know you have the rightI like try and stay optimistic and decided to look into the numbers. It was two completely different halves of football.

Follow me here

1st half

UL yards 95
    KSU yards 300

2nd Half

UL 290
    KSU 130

3rd quarter KSU had 24 yards and scored 21 pts!! That pick six was a fluke and the kick off return was by one of the best in the nation and couple have happend on ANYONE!

ZO had 5.7 per carry. Hubert had 3.1 with 56 total yards and 149 as a team. Last two season Hubert avg 5.0 and rushed for well over 900 Big 12 yards. It wasn't until the 4th that the offense generated a score.

While its not the best I have sent he Cajuns play its by far the worst and I really like the character of the teamthey did not let go the rope. They know they have some work to do and they are getting it done and once they do this team will perform to all of our expectation.

Let go out Saturday and pack Cajun Field and show our support of our team.

See you thereGeaux Cajuns!

Default Re: A small look into the numbers

I'll be there but I'm still not feeling great. Hope we thrash Nicholls, I'm moving on to positivity.

I expected the defense to struggle before these first two games were played. What I did not expect was the way our offense seemed to misfire early in the games. Broadway throwing balls long and short and when he hit a receiver in the numbers said receiver has a crucial drop that would have made first downs. Not answering touchdowns with touchdowns. With the Kstate game I knew we would be able to run the ball on them but when you get down like we did you don't have the luxury of trying to run the ball down there throats. The offense worries me. It doesn't appear to be the well oiled machine that would keep us in any game like I expected coming into the season. And yes I am aware that Troy and Ark St are not Arkansas or Kstate, but there is no reason to have so many miscues and stalled drives with the weapons we have on offense. Here's to hoping the kinks are worked out and we start putting together some serious scoring drives and putting TD's on the board.

I'm not worried one bit about the offense. I thought the O-Line played fairly well. The only problem was our skill players who more than proved themselves last season. They'll get it together.

The Nicholls game could not have come at a better time. The skill guys need to see plenty of snaps, get a few catches and scores, and build some much needed confidence. The defense just needs to shut Nicholls down. Period.

The next two games afterwards set up well also, but I guess it's better not to get too far ahead of ourselves.

Thread Information