Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Schedule

UL Football 2008 Schedule

Is y'all's 2008 schedule finalized yet? Tech has one open game (actually we have two, but our AD has stated that we'll not schedule our 13th game.can't tell you why). Many fans over on our board (http://www.latechbbb.com) have speculated that we'll play y'all down south. Have y'all heard anything one way or the other?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Default Re: 2008 Schedule

I hope yall play us. I like playing the techsters. Its good for both of our schools. Bring back the rivalry!!!!

"we'll play y'all down south"

Nothing official, but that is what I have heard also.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ Is y'all's 2008 schedule finalized yet? Tech has one open game (actually we have two, but our AD has stated that we'll not schedule our 13th game.can't tell you why). Many fans over on our board (http://www.latechbbb.com) have speculated that we'll play y'all down south. Have y'all heard anything one way or the other?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny _
    Freakin A dude, playing Tech would be legit

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2008 Schedule

I agreethis is a rivalry that needs to be promoted in ALL sports between UL and LaTech. They are a good Louisiana school and I would look forward to playing them every year. It would be nice if we were playing for something besides pride. Something tangible that can be brought from school to school depending on who wins the game. UL needs a D1 rival like this.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Is y'all's 2008 schedule finalized yet? Tech has one open game (actually we have two, but our AD has stated that we'll not schedule our 13th game.can't tell you why). Many fans over on our board (http://www.latechbbb.com) have speculated that we'll play y'all down south. Have y'all heard anything one way or the other?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny
    It means you'd have to bring yourself down here from Louisville, or wherever the heck you are located!!

Z

_ Is y'all's 2008 schedule finalized yet? Tech has one open game (actually we have two, but our AD has stated that we'll not schedule our 13th game.can't tell you why). Many fans over on our board (http://www.latechbbb.com) have speculated that we'll play y'all down south. Have y'all heard anything one way or the other?

Thanks in advance,

Johnny _
    There's a tentative agreement to open the season with La. Tech in Lafayette. However, your AD is waiting to see whether the President demands that Tech play an extra guarantee game. If Reneau gives the OK, it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ There's a tentative agreement to open the season with La. Tech in Lafayette. However, your AD is waiting to see whether the President demands that Tech play an extra guarantee game. If Reneau gives the OK, it's done. _
    Here's to hoping Reneau honors Dooley's wishes and we play only one BCS team on the road (Kansas is already on the schedule).

_ Here's to hoping Reneau honors Dooley's wishes and we play only one BCS team on the road (Kansas is already on the schedule). _
    What happened to anybody, anywhere, anytime?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ What happened to anybody, anywhere, anytime?
    _
    Boise St. and Utah. I love the "respect" you get from scheduling tough, but I'd rather have bowl money (the bigger the better).

Boise St. and Utah. I love the "respect" you get from scheduling tough, but I'd rather have bowl money (the bigger the better). _
    I hear you.

UL Football Re: 2008 Schedule

Tech should be on the schedule with alternating home and away at least every other year.

I would love to see the Belt become or CUSA become this:

East:
    Western Kentucky
    Memphis
    Middle Tennessee
    Troy
    FAU
    UAB

West:
    Southern Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Houston
    La Tech
    North Texas
    Arkansas State

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Tech should be on the schedule with alternating home and away at least every other year.

East:
    Western Kentucky
    Memphis
    Middle Tennessee
    Troy
    FAU
    UAB

West:
    Southern Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Houston
    La Tech
    North Texas
    Arkansas State

DaddyCajun _
    It just won't happen, Daddy, the WAC is the best nonBCS conference in all the land. So, why would LaTex ever leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Tech should be on the schedule with alternating home and away at least every other year.

East:
    Western Kentucky
    Memphis
    Middle Tennessee
    Troy
    FAU
    UAB

West:
    Southern Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Houston
    La Tech
    North Texas
    Arkansas State

DaddyCajun _

Since Tulane, SMU, Tulsa and UTEP are in C-USA and in our region, they would likely be a part of any reallignment scenario. I would hope that UTEP could return to the MWC. That would leave Marshall, E. Carolina and UCF as the other teams looking for a home and not likely left out of anything. Perhaps the Big East would expand its football to 12 members and would include Memphis, UCF, E. Carolina and Marshall.

Assuming that takes place, my new conference scenario would look like this:

North

Tulsa, SMU, N. Texas, Ark. State, LA Tech, UAB

South

UL, S. Miss, Tulane, Houston, Rice, Troy

That would leave the SBC with:

ULM, MTSU, FIU, FAU & WKU and needing 1 more member to survive.

Under that South Division scenario, imagine UL's future football schedule to be something where fans could literally drive to all of our divisional games and most of our conference games with minimal travel expenses for the university. And, natural rivalries are built that would be exciting for our fans.

My only concern in this scenario would be for MTSU as they are left out and are an up and coming program.

Potential Future Schedule:

S. Miss, Tulane, Houston, Rice, LA Tech, Ark. State, SMU, Tulsa, N. Texas, UAB plus 2 non-conference games. We would be in Houston and Dallas every year with alternating games v. Houston/Rice and SMU/N. Texas. These are huge recruiting areas where we need the exposure. For the 2 non-conference games, we can open up with a more competitive team like the MAC and a second money game v. teams like Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Tennessee, etc. with a 2 for 1 contract.

No more ULM, FIU, FAU, WKY, MTSU and no more 1AA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    Since Tulane, SMU, Tulsa and UTEP are in C-USA and in our region, they would likely be a part of any reallignment scenario. I would hope that UTEP could return to the MWC. That would leave Marshall, E. Carolina and UCF as the other teams looking for a home and not likely left out of anything. Perhaps the Big East would expand its football to 12 members and would include Memphis, UCF, E. Carolina and Marshall.

Assuming that takes place, my new conference scenario would look like this:

North

Tulsa, SMU, N. Texas, Ark. State, LA Tech, UAB

South

UL, S. Miss, Tulane, Houston, Rice, Troy

That would leave the SBC with:

ULM, MTSU, FIU, FAU & WKU and needing 1 more member to survive.

Under that South Division scenario, imagine UL's future football schedule to be something where fans could literally drive to all of our divisional games and most of our conference games with minimal travel expenses for the university. And, natural rivalries are built that would be exciting for our fans.

My only concern in this scenario would be for MTSU as they are left out and are an up and coming program.

Potential Future Schedule:

S. Miss, Tulane, Houston, Rice, LA Tech, Ark. State, SMU, Tulsa, N. Texas, UAB plus 2 non-conference games. We would be in Houston and Dallas every year with alternating games v. Houston/Rice and SMU/N. Texas. These are huge recruiting areas where we need the exposure. For the 2 non-conference games, we can open up with a more competitive team like the MAC and a second money game v. teams like Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, Tennessee, etc. with a 2 for 1 contract.

No more ULM, FIU, FAU, WKY, MTSU and no more 1AA games.
    Sugarland said:

Unless we make some drastic changes, we'll get left out way before MT does. That being said, I believe we have the people in place to make these changes. We can't afford NOT to run this athletic program like a business now. That means some tough decisions need to be made pretty quickly.

L'Ronte'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information