Thread: UL Mens Basketball Predictions

Default UL Mens Basketball Predictions

What do you think their record will be?

UL Basketball Re: UL Mens Basketball Predictions

30 game schedule

19 and 11 for the men(can score, quick, defense?, no big man?)

17 and 13 for the women(player loses from last year and new coach)

DaddyCajun

Default Re: UL Mens Basketball Predictions

With luck the men will squeak-out 15 wins.

The women - never mind.

I think the men will be all right. Remember this is the Sunbelt, big men are just not all that important in this league. Not a slap, but just because you have a big man doesn't give you a W. We really have some potential scorers and with the facility improvements coming, I think a shade under 20 is a possible mark for them.
    As for the women there are just too many unknowns to factor in. I would love to say they are a 17 win lock. However new coach, new strategies and a sizable loss in the scoring, rebounding and leadership area on the court will be very noticeable for the Ladies of the Long. I still think they can get double digit wins. But, conference will be a rough go for them.this year.

Men: 18-12, semifinals of the conference tournament, bubble NIT team.

Women: 16-14, 2nd round of conference tournament.

This is the season that we start to see the rewards of Coach Lee going so young a couple years ago in our conference schedule, and we'll squeak out a couple games we probably have no business winning out of conference because we sneak up on some team expecting some unathletic keystone cops. This is dependent on us getting off to a good start by going at least 4-4 in our first 8, beating North Alabama, La Tech, McNeese, and at least one (but hopefully two or three) out of Oral Roberts, UAB, UCF, Tennessee, and ULM. It's set up for us to have some wins and be confident going into the Spring semester.

The women are a huge question mark. I think they, too, can get off to a good start by beating Mercer, Arkansas-Monticello, Centenary, Nicholls, Monroe, and Savanah, but they may hit a bit of a wall when we get into the meat of the conference schedule in the new year. I think Coach Rogers will bring a lot of energy and the ladies that are here from Coach Hall's regime will want to show that they can still be winners, so that will combine for a good start. Going .500 in the conference would be a HUGE win for us, however. It'll all be about how the team and coach respond to the proverbial wall they're destined to hit when teams start to figure the new Lady Cajuns out.

UL Basketball Re: UL Mens Basketball Predictions

Man if the men can win 19 games that would be great!! The Cajuns will be 11 deep and press the hell out of you, "I love it".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Man if the men can win 19 games that would be great!! The Cajuns will be 11 deep and press the hell out of you, "I love it". _
    The word this year is "Run And Gun", as expressed by one of the men's assistant basketball coaches who visited the Krewe de Chew tailgating site Saturday.
    It would be great to relive some of the yesteryear nights in Blackham!!

Thread Information