Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Bowl staying Sun Belt vs. CUSA

Default New Orleans Bowl staying Sun Belt vs. CUSA

I'm a little surprised that CUSA was able to keep the bowl after Tulane left I though AAC would take the other spot

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl staying Sun Belt vs. CUSA

They want USM, not Tulane.

They also want us as they get first pick of any SBC bowl eligible team.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    They want USM, not Tulane.
    not like Tulane ever gets eligible for that game anyway

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    not like Tulane ever gets eligible for that game anyway
    Have you seen any pictures of their games in the dome? That is why they planned such a large new outdoor stadium (28K) . it provides them with space to grow into over the next few decades.

They could double their attendance and still not create a line at the bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Have you seen any pictures of their games in the dome? That is why they planned such a large new outdoor stadium (28K) . it provides them with space to grow into over the next few decades.

They could double their attendance and still not create a line at the bathrooms.
    I think they should've just stayed at the dome because I doubt a new stadium is going to help them much until they start winning like UL

I think they should've just stayed at the dome because I doubt a new stadium is going to help them much until they start winning like UL
    The new stadium will help with attendance. No one wants to go to the done and pay the ludicrous prices on parking and concessions. Plus, it's not a good atmosphere for a college team unless its a bowl game. Tulane was able to attract close to 20k when they would play their annual game at Tad Gormley, so this stadium should benefit them even if it were a small improvement with the environment.

If we go back to the Nola bowl, would be great if it was against southern miss or techwould make for a great weekend on bourbon

That would be a great time! But Bourbon St blows, only for drunk ___ tourists who've never been to New OrleansMarigny/Faubourg is the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The new stadium will help with attendance. No one wants to go to the done and pay the ludicrous prices on parking and concessions. Plus, it's not a good atmosphere for a college team unless its a bowl game. Tulane was able to attract close to 20k when they would play their annual game at Tad Gormley, so this stadium should benefit them even if it were a small improvement with the environment.
    They started out with good attendence at Gormley because of the novelty but their losing ways soon drove away whatever fans were attracted to the outdoor atmosphere. I remeber watching one of their last homecoming games there on TV and the attendence was just as putrid as it was at the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    That would be a great time! But Bourbon St blows, only for drunk ___ tourists who've never been to New OrleansMarigny/Faubourg is the destination.
    While I normally agree.in that situation it would be 60k "locals" not your normal tourists

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    While I normally agree.in that situation it would be 60k "locals" not your normal tourists
    That's true, the crowds would be epic if it were 2 regional schools. But, not getting my hopes up this year during our massive rebuild. Y'all should be destined for a good bowl this year.

13. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl staying Sun Belt vs. CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    ----Please-Now you are going to tell the school that dominated the area with Cajun fans that completely took over the quarter how we should run our social life--Maybe you should have witnessed the parade of thousands of Cajuns from Canal down Bourbon---Go back to Lincoln Parish!!! Man the NO Bowl just can't wait for LTUR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Please-Now you are going to tell the school that dominated the area with Cajun fans that completely took over the quarter how we should run our social life--Maybe you should have witnessed the parade of thousands of Cajuns from Canal down Bourbon---Go back to Lincoln Parish!!! Man the NO Bowl just can't wait for LTUR!!!
    I'd rather go to the Bahamas Bowl

I'd rather go to the Bahamas Bowl
    Well if Tech can convince ESPN that their fans will travel better to the Bahamas then they do from Dallas to Ruston for home games, then you just might have a shot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information