Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

UL Basketball The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Looking at the basketball roster for this year, I hope our shooters are accurate and that we probably will be a full court pressure, up and down type of team. I've listed the roster below, and depending on where you place them I count 12 or 13 guards.

Click on arrows to sort by chosen column.
    No.
    Name
    Pos.
    Ht.
    Wt.
    Yr.
    Exp.
    Hometown (Prev School)
    31 Barksdale, Maurice G 5-11 187 Sr. 1L Baltimore, Md. (Blinn College) (Dunbar)
    11 Bloom, Corey G 6-6 199 So. TR New Orleans, La. (Houston) (Brother Martin)
    22 Bureau, Travis G 6-7 180 Fr. HS Gonzales, La. (St. Amant)
    2 Daigle, Randell G 5-10 177 So. HS Lafayette, La. (Northside)
    21 Dees, David G 6-5 209 Sr. 1L Dayton, Ohio (Liberty University) (Dayton Christian)
    25 Dees, Stephen G 6-1 188 So. 1L Dayton, Ohio (Chaminade Julienne)
    5 Dison, Brandon G 6-6 170 So. HS New Orleans, La. (Westfield (Texas))
    20 Forest, Damon G 6-3 165 So. HS Baton Rouge, La. (Central)
    23 Gary, La'Ryan G/F 6-7 207 So. HS Lafayette, La. (Carencro)
    15 Gradnigo, Chris G 6-7 215 Fr. HS Lake Charles, La. (LaGrange)
    1 Johnson, Tyren F 6-8 195 So. 1L Edgard, La. (West St. John)
    12 Lago, Willie G 6-1 182 So. 1L Reserve, La. (East St. John)
    3 Millsap, Elijah G 6-6 211 So. 1L Grambling, La. (Grambling)
    32 Milson, Abray C 6-9 240 Sr. 1L Lafayette, La. (Southern Idaho) (St. Thomas More)
    42 Wallace, Courtney F/C 6-8 238 So. 1L New Orleans, La. (Woodlawn)
    13 Yanosky, Sutton G 6-0 166 Fr. HS Mandeville, La. (Fontainebleau)

Default Re: 2007 Basketball Team Roster

My guess is that they will redshirt Lago, Bureau, and Johnson.

that team seems small, even by sun belt standards

defensive rebounding is going to be a big concern

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish9938 View Post

True they do have a lot of guards. But there are 9 players listed as being 6'6" or taller, including several 6'7" guards! But you're right, we don't have a lot of 6'8" or taller players. However, as long as they are athletic and can shoot FG's and FT's, I think we can do well. IF they PLAY AS A T-E-A-M! Geaux Cajuns! Geaux General!

UL Basketball Re: 2007 Basketball Team Roster

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish9938 View Post

How about a starting 5 of:

G- Barksdale (5'11")
    G- Gradnigo (6'7")
    F- Gary (6'7")
    G- Millsap (6'6")
    C- Milson (6'9")

That has a lot of potential if they can get the chemistry going. Plus, rotating a number of others in such as D. Dees, Wallace, Bloom, Forest, Johnson, Lago, Daigle, et al for some serious minutes. Perhaps even switching the starting line-ups around some to mix it up a bit for the opposition. What do you think?

You don't have David Dees in your starting 5????

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    You don't have David Dees in your starting 5????
    Well, I thought about that. I had a hard time between D. Dees, Gradnigo, Millsap, & Barksdale - who do you leave out of the starting lineup? Maybe flip-flop Dees and Gradnigo. Either way both will see a LOT of PT. I think Barksdale starts because he is the point guard. I guess we could also go with a 4-guard lineup, but I'm not generally fond of that. I have heard that Gradnigo is supposed to be real special. Since he is a true Freshman, maybe he comes in off the bench and Dees starts. Again, I think most of the players I mentioned will see a lot of minutes. Obviously they can't all see significant minutes with that number of players. Not to mention one of the other players might come into his own and step into the spotlight. Oh, if you think my omission of Dees from the starting lineup was bad, I completely left Millsap out of the rotation as I went from composing back to the initial post with the roster. I had to immediately edit my post! Maybe the same brain freeze affected my thinking about Dees.

I think Corey Bloom may end up starting. I watched him practice last year, and he has the body type and shooting ability to be a starter. He played quite a bit as a freshman at Houston before transfering, so he's got some D1 experience as well.

The great thing about all this is that there is alot of talent. In the past few years, we did not have a bench. This year, we can go 10 deep and not see a huge let down when the subs are in. I just hope that this team can play together and develops great team chemistry.

Man I love UL Basketball!! I can not wait for the team to start playing; I just wish we had a legitimate big man. Does the schedule come out on Saturday 9/22/07?

11. UL Basketball 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Schedule

12. UL Basketball Re: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Schedule

LOUISIANA – University of Louisiana’s Director of Athletics David Walker announced the 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns basketball schedule Saturday.

UL’s men’s team, which finished 9-21 overall a season ago, enters the fourth year of the Robert Lee coaching era, while the women’s program enters a new chapter under first-year head coach Errol Rogers.

Men’s Schedule Highlights

A trip to the 44th Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic in Honolulu, Hawai’i, and non-conference contests against UAB, Tennessee and UCF highlight the men’s basketball slate.

“Obviously, this schedule provides a tremendous amount of challenges and opportunities for our team this season,” Lee said. “We have some very difficult non-conference games that will help our young team grow and mature as the season progresses.”

In addition to the Cajuns, the Rainbow Classic field includes East Tennessee State, Georgia, Ohio, St. John’s, St. Mary’s (Calif.), Tulane and host Hawai’i – UL’s first-round opponent Dec. 19.

The Cajuns will play 13 home games at the CAJUNDOME in 2007-08, highlighted by a visit from Interstate 10 rival McNeese State on Dec. 13. Also on the non-conference home slate are North Alabama, UAB and Utah Valley State.

UL opens the season against the North Alabama Chargers on Nov. 14 before playing Louisiana Tech and Oral Roberts on the road. Three days after returning home to face UAB on Nov. 27, the Cajuns travel to Knoxville, Tenn., to face the Tennessee Volunteers on Nov. 30.

On Dec. 11, the Cajuns will make their first trip to Orlando since Jan. 18, 1992, when UL faces the UCF Knights at the new Convocation Center. After a home meeting with McNeese State, the Cajuns look to open Sun Belt Conference play at Louisiana-Monroe on Dec. 16 before flying to Hawai’i for the 44th Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic.

“We are excited about the opportunity to compete in such a prestigious event as the Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic in Hawai’i,” Lee said.

The Cajuns welcome Florida Atlantic for their Sun Belt home opener on Dec. 29 to close out the 2007 half of the schedule. January begins with back-to-back home conference contests against Arkansas State (Jan. 3) and New Orleans (Jan. 5). After a quick road swing to UALR (Jan. 10) and North Texas (Jan. 12), UL returns home to face Utah Valley State on Jan. 15 and Western Kentucky on Jan. 19.

“I think the Sun Belt Conference has a chance to be a Top 13 league in the country this year because of all the returning talent in the league,” Lee said. “We are very happy to finally get Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee back into the CAJUNDOME.”

UL hits the road again for another brief weekend road swing – this time to South Alabama (Jan. 24) and Troy (Jan. 27), which will be a doubleheader with the women’s team. The Cajuns then face Middle Tennessee at the CAJUNDOME on Jan. 31 before a cross-country trip that will take UL from Florida International on Feb. 6 to Denver on Feb. 10.

Louisiana-Monroe visits the CAJUNDOME on Valentine’s Day before the Cajuns conclude their road schedule with Arkansas State (Feb. 16) and New Orleans (Feb. 20). The Cajuns wrap up the regular season with three straight home games – UALR (Feb. 23), North Texas (Feb. 28) and Denver (March 1).

Lee encourages fans to support his men’s team this year. “Get your season tickets early so you can see a team that will be fast, fun and exciting.”

2007-08 Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns Men’s Schedule

Nov. 6, Louisiana College (7:05 p.m.); Nov. 14, North Alabama (7:05 p.m.); Nov. 16, at Louisiana Tech (7 p.m.); Nov. 20, at Oral Roberts (7:05 p.m.); Nov. 27, UAB (7:05 p.m.); Nov. 30, at Tennessee (6:30 p.m.)

Dec. 11, at UCF (6 p.m.); Dec. 13, McNeese State (7:05 p.m.); Dec. 16, at Louisiana-Monroe* (1 p.m.); Dec. 19, at Hawai’i (11:30 p.m.); Dec. 21, TBA (Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic); Dec. 22, TBA (Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic); Dec. 29, Florida Atlantic* (7:05 p.m.)

Jan. 3, Arkansas State* (7:05 p.m.); Jan. 5, New Orleans+* (7:05 p.m.); Jan. 10, at UALR* (7:30 p.m.); Jan. 12, at North Texas* (7 p.m.); Jan. 15, Utah Valley State (7:05 p.m.); Jan. 19, Western Kentucky* (7:05 p.m.); Jan. 24, at South Alabama* (7:05 p.m.); Jan. 27, at Troy* (1 p.m.); Jan. 31, Middle Tennessee* (7:05 p.m.)

Feb. 6, at Florida International* (6:30 p.m.); Feb. 10, at Denver* (1 p.m.); Feb. 14, Louisiana-Monroe* (7:05 p.m.); Feb. 16, at Arkansas State* (7:05 p.m.); Feb. 20, at New Orleans* (7 p.m.); Feb. 23, UALR* (7:05 p.m.); Feb. 28, North Texas* (7:05 p.m.)

March 1, Denver* (7:05 p.m.); March 5, Sun Belt Conference Championship First Round (Campus Sites); March 9-11, at Sun Belt Conference Championship (Mobile, Ala.)

* Denotes Sun Belt Conference game | + Denotes home DH with women at the CAJUNDOME

All Times CENTRAL and Subject to Change

RaginCajuns.com

This is the first I hear, can anyone tell me more about Sutton Yanosky?

UL Basketball Re: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Schedule

Hawai'i at Honolulu 11:30 p.m The last time I stayed up that late for a UL basketball game we beat Patrick Ewing and Georgetown.

Default Re: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    "The Cajuns will play 13 home games at the CAJUNDOME in 2007-08, highlighted by a visit from Interstate 10 rival McNeese State on Dec. 13."
    LOL!!! Uh huh. Will we get 33K+?

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information