Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Basketball v. ORU

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Anyone watching this thing on ragincajuns.com? _
    17-12 w/ 8:00 left in the first.

Cajuns only shooting 21% from the floor

Cajuns just hit a three!

UL 25
    ORU 27

Halftime

Both teams couldn't hit the ocean the way they are shooting tonight.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Pulled it back close at the half though.

It was 19-25 w/ 2;55 to go.

4. UL Basketball Re: Basketball v. ORU

Sounds like Jay thinks all the calls are going ORU's way?

I agree.

5. UL Basketball Re: Basketball v. ORU

Difference in the game so far . . . free throws . . . or lack there of.

2:00 down by 7

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Difference in the game so far . . . free throws . . . or lack there of.

2:00 down by 7 _
    Going back to Jesse Evans, we have never been able to shoot free throws.

7. Default Re: Basketball v. ORU

Jay is very good about being objective, and hearing him talk about the officiating makes me think it was not great. But hey, you gotta make your FT. Great effort by the cajuns.

8. Default Re: Basketball v. ORU

nice defense game, but we need to improve our shooting %, 20-57 FG and 6-20 3pt. We will do better. As these guys get more experience and chemistry together we will be fun to watch!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns 2007-2008 Basketball Season

I know everybody is saying the same thing, but it needs to be said again. We need to clean house. Lee and Bustle are not the answers to our problems. Will it be painful if we ditch both our football and basketball coach in less than 1 year's time? Yes, but it's either start rebuilding now or suffer through another disasterous season. Now is the time to start looking for another football coach. Let Lee finish out the season, then fire him. I know that we will never be another LSU, but I'd settle for a return to Nelson Stokley in the Brian Mitchell era, oh, and how I yearn for the days of Bobby Paschal. Let's not forget that UL basketball was once a prestigious program - kids wanted to play basketball here and we had a fair shot at in-state recruits. I gave Lee a pass last year because of the injuries, but it's time to cut our losses here. Thanks for letting me rant.

Quote Originally Posted by rbilleaud View Post
    _ I know everybody is saying the same thing, but it needs to be said again. We need to clean house. Lee and Bustle are not the answers to our problems. Will it be painful if we ditch both our football and basketball coach in less than 1 year's time? Yes, but it's either start rebuilding now or suffer through another disasterous season. Now is the time to start looking for another football coach. Let Lee finish out the season, then fire him. I know that we will never be another LSU, but I'd settle for a return to Nelson Stokley in the Brian Mitchell era, oh, and how I yearn for the days of Bobby Paschal. Let's not forget that UL basketball was once a prestigious program - kids wanted to play basketball here and we had a fair shot at in-state recruits. I gave Lee a pass last year because of the injuries, but it's time to cut our losses here. Thanks for letting me rant. _
    I agree wholeheartedly. This athletic program is in shambles except for baseball and softball. I'm sure softball will pay the way for the other sports.

UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns 2007-2008 Basketball Season

_ I know everybody is saying the same thing, but it needs to be said again. We need to clean house. Lee and Bustle are not the answers to our problems. Will it be painful if we ditch both our football and basketball coach in less than 1 year's time? Yes, but it's either start rebuilding now or suffer through another disasterous season. Now is the time to start looking for another football coach. Let Lee finish out the season, then fire him. I know that we will never be another LSU, but I'd settle for a return to Nelson Stokley in the Brian Mitchell era, oh, and how I yearn for the days of Bobby Paschal. Let's not forget that UL basketball was once a prestigious program - kids wanted to play basketball here and we had a fair shot at in-state recruits. I gave Lee a pass last year because of the injuries, but it's time to cut our losses here. Thanks for letting me rant. _
    ARE YOU KIDDING?? Have you been to a basketball game yet? This team is going to be damn good. We have a lot of talent on this team. Coach Lee said that he was going to basically start all over b/c Evans pretty much recruited a team full of JuCo felons and failures. I would have to say that Lee, if he does not win, will be on his way out with Elijah Milsap. But if he wins, and I expect he will, he will be here for a while. We almost beat UAB the other night. I don't know if you follow NCAA basketball to good, but UAB is predicted to be pretty damn good. Second in their conference behind Memphis, who has been talked about as a possible number one sometime this season. You have a damn good argument with Bustle but not Lee. Not yet anyway. He has taken this team from academically bad, playing mediocre basketball, to an above average academic team, who is building something exciting. If you haven't been yet then go check out a game. This team is fun right now and I would expect them to be exciting next year. I think the addition of Barr will complete this young and upcoming team.

12. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns 2007-2008 Basketball Season

Have you seen the places our players are from? Almost all are from LA

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    Have you seen the places our players are from? Almost all are from LA
    If Coach Lee leaves then many of the very young guys starting to mature may leave with him and our post signees may not show up. I understand people are just looking at the record and we are all growing impatient. However, I think this is a moot point as one of the reasons we did not change football coaches was a new incoming president. Same situation applies in basketball. One year from now, the only thing Coach Lee will be judged on is wins and losses.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ ARE YOU KIDDING?? Have you been to a basketball game yet? This team is going to be damn good. We have a lot of talent on this team. Coach Lee said that he was going to basically start all over b/c Evans pretty much recruited a team full of JuCo felons and failures. I would have to say that Lee, if he does not win, will be on his way out with Elijah Milsap. But if he wins, and I expect he will, he will be here for a while. We almost beat UAB the other night. I don't know if you follow NCAA basketball to good, but UAB is predicted to be pretty damn good. Second in their conference behind Memphis, who has been talked about as a possible number one sometime this season. You have a damn good argument with Bustle but not Lee. Not yet anyway. He has taken this team from academically bad, playing mediocre basketball, to an above average academic team, who is building something exciting. If you haven't been yet then go check out a game. This team is fun right now and I would expect them to be exciting next year. I think the addition of Barr will complete this young and upcoming team. _
    Damn good??!! What planet are you living on?? 1-4 with a 9 point loss to Oral Roberts and a blowout to Tennessee? UAB is 7-3, but they haven't really beaten anyone, and besides close doesn't count. I think it's great that the team is doing well academically, I wasn't a fan of Evans either, but I want them to be good on the field as well. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the Cajuns have been in my heart and soul for close to 40 years (class of '89) and it kills me to see what was once a good team having fallen this far. We used to ROCK Blackham Coleseum back in the day. It wasn't much of a facility, but when teams came there, we would put a scare into them no matter how high and mighty they were. Bo Lamar, Andrew Toney, those guys could shoot the lights out. We haven't had a player like that since the Cajun Dome opened. I even remember back to the old McNaspy Stadium and we had some good football teams along the way as well - not world beaters- but at least we could beat McNeese pretty regularly (unlike this year). I've seen USL grow into a fantastic academic institution known as UL and I'd just like to see the athletics programs rise to the same level.

Damn good??!! What planet are you living on?? 1-4 with a 9 point loss to Oral Roberts and a blowout to Tennessee? UAB is 7-3, but they haven't really beaten anyone, and besides close doesn't count. I think it's great that the team is doing well academically, I wasn't a fan of Evans either, but I want them to be good on the field as well. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the Cajuns have been in my heart and soul for close to 40 years (class of '89) and it kills me to see what was once a good team having fallen this far. We used to ROCK Blackham Coleseum back in the day. It wasn't much of a facility, but when teams came there, we would put a scare into them no matter how high and mighty they were. Bo Lamar, Andrew Toney, those guys could shoot the lights out. We haven't had a player like that since the Cajun Dome opened. I even remember back to the old McNaspy Stadium and we had some good football teams along the way as well - not world beaters- but at least we could beat McNeese pretty regularly (unlike this year). I've seen USL grow into a fantastic academic institution known as UL and I'd just like to see the athletics programs rise to the same level.
    We all want what you want regarding athletics. It is just that some of us believe changing basketball coaches right now won't result in that success. If things are still the same a year from now, I suspect most will agree with you.

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information