Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

UL Basketball Re: Troy Game Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Wednesday night's game is a little different students are admitted with their ID (no charge). How do you guys think this game will turn out? _
    Cajuns win, no doubt, and should be with a double-digit margin.

Default Re: Troy Game Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Don't count your chickens before they hatch, one game at a time. I learned this a long time ago with Cajun athletics. _

AMEN!We only have one game to look at for the time being. People on here make predictions without looking at what is right in front of them.

I remember predictions of 8 and 3 in football. Some even predicted a great basketball season. Baseball? well even the media was fooled on that one.

You say you learned it a long time ago? I hit 60 recently and it's never been any different except for basketball when Beryl Shipley was coaching, then it was understood we'd be good.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns sophomore-laden roster is arriving earlier than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I'm 100% behind this kind of rhetoric. Throw your big ones out there and let em ride. It instills confidence in the team, it says that the program is going to hunt, it tells fans that our bar is as high as it gets. I like it!

Of course, it sets Lee up for even more criticism from the nay-sayers. but what the heck. bring on those chaps and we'll slap sum chapstick, blistex or sum corn-oil or sumpin on dem and be good to go!

It tells prospects that we are not trying to inch our way back in the show, but are storming back. The only people that don't like this kind of swagger are people that don't like our program or don't like Coach Lee.

Me likes it! Now. let's back up that talk!!! _

What Lee did after the horrific start deserves our support and applause. Needs to keep the momentum going and maybe we can return to the status we enjoyed years ago in basketball.

the main thing is everyone needs to get out to the dome and support this team. we always hear the story that "i would support them if they would only win." well.it's time to put up or shut up for some people around here. if you can't support this team, being as young as it is, and what they've accomplished this year, then there's something wrong with you.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns win the WEST!!!! Congrats guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It doesn't matter how it starts, or by whom. It just needs to continue. When it gets contagious and enough keep it up no matter if a few people come and go, it will become a tradition. All I know is. I'm liking it. I want compliment those who got it going and I want them to know we are all happy for it.

I hope that Rhineaux can get the cheerleaders to follow his board thing. I would think they would be looking for options instead of standing out in front of a bunch of people that aren't following them. On TOs, we get quiet, just as the opposition wants. Instead, we could be holding a Ragin-Cajun thing back and forth and we would pick right back up with the action.

I'm liking it. we are the 6th man. and the 6th man wins you 1 to 4 games you wouldn't normally take per year.
    We have been waiting for a fan like you (and others that go to the games with you) to finally get those students to stand up and BE LOUD! Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Yall have been doing this for years, there just wasnt enough people to add to it. I was with yall during the western kentucky game. i was the one with the "baa means no" sign. And yall are a blast to be with. Jokes non stop and just screwin with the other team. Especially the last guy on the bench. We will be able to feed off each other and get something going.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    Thanks. Yall have been doing this for years, there just wasnt enough people to add to it. I was with yall during the western kentucky game. i was the one with the "baa means no" sign. And yall are a blast to be with. Jokes non stop and just screwin with the other team. Especially the last guy on the bench. We will be able to feed off each other and get something going.
    I wasn't there for the WKY game, so I don't know what happened down there, except for the fact that I missed one hell of a good time.

UL Basketball Re: Troy Game Wednesday Night

I can't wait! Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ I can't wait! Should be fun. _
    Much more fun than the second half of the Houston/UL baseball game.

We've got a group of about 10 to add behind the visitor's bench. We'll be giving them as much hell as we can!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I love the fact that if the Cajuns win this game, they are guranteed at least a winning record for the year. Considering they started 1-6, that doesn't suck.

Default White-Out the Dome AGAIN!

I just saw on the news Coach Robert Lee requesting that everyone wear their white shirts they got on Saturday for the game Wednesday night. So everyone wear their shirts! And if you did not get one or the one you got does not fit, then simply wear a different white shirt! Lets get a big crowd for this game and white out the dome again. and be loud!

13. UL Basketball MADNESS BEGINS: Young Ragin' Cajuns take on Troy tonight

As many UL men's basketball fans still bask in the glow of being Sun Belt Conference West Division co-champions, Robert Lee has turned his attention to the league's postseason tournament.

The Ragin' Cajun coach knows better than to overlook a 12th-seeded Troy team that gets up and down the floor as much as any team in the country.

"Troy is a basketball team that on any given night can beat you because of the way they play," said Lee, whose No. 5 seeded Cajuns (15-14 overall) play Troy (11-18) at 8:05 tonight at the Cajundome. "We understand that we're going to have to play a really outstanding game to win.

"Our focus is on Troy because we know it's a do-or-die situation, and in tournament play anything can happen."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

14. Default Re: Troy Game Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ the main thing is everyone needs to get out to the dome and support this team. we always hear the story that "i would support them if they would only win." well.it's time to put up or shut up for some people around here. if you can't support this team, being as young as it is, and what they've accomplished this year, then there's something wrong with you. _
    Do you realize the number of excuses for not attending that you have caused to be made upit's an eight o'clock start time, its the middle of the week, too many fans, too noisy, too many students standing, probably won't win, blah, blah,blah, ad nauseum?

I shall be there with bells on. 77 year old bells, at that!!:

GEAUX CAJUNS !!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ Do you realize the number of excuses for not attending that you have caused to be made upit's an eight o'clock start time, its the middle of the week, too many fans, too noisy, too many students standing, probably won't win, blah, blah,blah, ad nauseum?

I shall be there with bells on. 77 year old bells, at that!!:

GEAUX CAJUNS !! _

Too many excuses indeed. I noticed that a lot of BCS conferences have games on Sunday at noon and still get 15,000 to attend. There are no excuses in a town like Lafayette. It is time for Lafayette to become a true college town and support this school like a BCS program.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread Information