Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

1. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns win the WEST!!!! Congrats guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ Actually the guy behind me brought that up. Not saying your wrong and maybe he did get it from the cheerleaders, who knows. But it did get pretty loud in there when we did it. And if u look at the pictures of the game,there is an overhead shot of the student section and theres maybe 30-35 people standing. Im sure it wasnt just us yelling but i think its impressive that that few people can do that. _
    Well all I can tell you is that I sit in Section 228 behind the team bench. This is way to left of the student section, and I had removed my hearing aids (read: old age) and I could hear you all very well. Sounded like a Duke game. Gave me the frissons (goose bumps). Reminded me of the Blackham days and the pure sound of bedlam.

Give yourselves all the accolades you want. You all deserve major credit for helping carry the team through towards the end, when things became a little dicey. I am certain DU (ducks unlimited??) did not appreciate the noise level.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns win the WEST!!!! Congrats guys!

Man, this is good to hear. Some guys (and gals) taking matters into their own hands and making things happen. rather than studying the landscape for who they can blame. Be very careful. this could turn things around in a hurry (self responsibility). It's a lost art from way back in the cave man days. when you finally got tired of a lazy sabertoothed tiger dining on your children. you gathered up a gang of your bravest and you visited him when he least expected it. everyone in the killing party got to sport a tooth around his neck. That may be the only trinket from that great day. except for the memories. Go make some memories. Those were the good old days and so are these.

3. UL Basketball Officiating.Not Too Bad

The officiating last night was the best I have seen this season. Now that is not to say that it was perfect. Far from that, but at least they let the two teams play.minimum of ticky-tack fouls. It would get a little "rough" but the officials would make a call that brought the players back to earth.

So, from my usual rant about the officials, I felt that I might give this officiating crew a slight pat on the back. They missed some obvious, in my opinion, infractions, and the young official began to get carried away, but he seemed to calm down. Maybe one of the older officials gave him some friendly advice.

Grade- B+

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    Well all I can tell you is that I sit in Section 228 behind the team bench. This is way to left of the student section, and I had removed my hearing aids (read: old age) and I could hear you all very well. Sounded like a Duke game. Gave me the frissons (goose bumps). Reminded me of the Blackham days and the pure sound of bedlam.

Give yourselves all the accolades you want. You all deserve major credit for helping carry the team through towards the end, when things became a little dicey. I am certain DU (ducks unlimited??) did not appreciate the noise level.
    We gonna have to check with the Boss Lady NurseAre you allowed to get "the frissons"????

Z

In all fairness, I hope he gets them a few more times before we call it a season. Please keep any and all meds very close.

Default Re: Officiating.Not Too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ The officiating last night was the best I have seen this season. Now that is not to say that it was perfect. Far from that, but at least they let the two teams play.minimume of ticky-tack fouls. It would get a little "rough" but the officials would make a call that brought the players back to earth.

So, from my usual rant about the officials, I felt that I might give this officiating crew a slight pat on the back. They missed some obvious, in my opinion, infractions, and the young official began to get carried away, but he seemed to calm down. Maybe one of the older officials gave him some friendly advice.

Grade- B+ _
    I agree Charlie.the sunbelt is bad for ticky tack fouls which ont prepare teams for the type of play they will see come tourny time.

Did anyone see Midnight Madness on ESPN last night.Doug Gotlev (dont know how to spell his name) mentioned WKU and S. AL. as 2 teams that could win a game r 2 in the NCAA tourny out of the mid major ranks.

7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns win the WEST!!!! Congrats guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ We gonna have to check with the Boss Lady NurseAre you allowed to get "the frissons"????

Z _
    She approves. Also, a good way to check on my new hardware (read-pacemaker)!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I agree Charlie.the sunbelt is bad for ticky tack fouls which ont prepare teams for the type of play they will see come tourny time.

Did anyone see Midnight Madness on ESPN last night.Doug Gotlev (dont know how to spell his name) mentioned WKU and S. AL. as 2 teams that could win a game r 2 in the NCAA tourny out of the mid major ranks.
    I believe its Gotlieb? Id like to see those two teams do a little bit of damage this year.

Z

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns win the WEST!!!! Congrats guys!

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ In all fairness, I hope he gets them a few more times before we call it a season. Please keep any and all meds very close. _
    I wouldn't mind getting them a few more times!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ I believe its Gotlieb? Id like to see those two teams do a little bit of damage this year.

Z _
    Wise byond your years Mr Zee lol

11. Default Re: Officiating.Not Too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I agree Charlie.the sunbelt is bad for ticky tack fouls which ont prepare teams for the type of play they will see come tourny time.

Did anyone see Midnight Madness on ESPN last night.Doug Gotlev (dont know how to spell his name) mentioned WKU and S. AL. as 2 teams that could win a game r 2 in the NCAA tourny out of the mid major ranks. _
    I hate weak officiating!! It doesn't allow teams to get into a rhythmn. Does nothing for the game. I don't mean to imply that the officals should not control the game. You certainly don't want to let it get out of hand and result in injuries. But those "you touched him too hard" fouls just drive me up the wall.

12. UL Basketball Cajuns Ark LR on TV in a a retro game

Dwayne Mitchell, Rhett Hebert from a few years ago on ESPN plus right now

ya its a grade of a B-. i can only remember booing them a fraction of the times i usually do. A complete turn around from the ULM game and the UALR games._ I hope they stick around and ref wednesday night.

Not to brag but it was my idea to stand the entire game, but i have to give props to the guy behind me for bringin the duke game idea into action. and props to the other students who added to it. and also to those who didnt complain about us standing and blockin their view.

also ran into a few friends at the tigue today and on wednesday we are painting up and gonna take it to another level.

It was a good idea. I had soooo much fun with Kummar. Man I can't wait till Wednesday. Hopefully the band breaks out all the stops as per chicken law.

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . LastLast

Thread Information