Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: NT score

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr View Post
    _ What the hell did you expect to see? Duke vs North Carolina? _

Well you got me on that one.

How the hell did North Texas win 18 games this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft View Post
    _ Well you got me on that one.

How the hell did North Texas win 18 games this year? _
    Because they have the 3rd most talent in the conference behind WKU and South Al. From what could be a 2 bid league depending if South Al loses in the tourny

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Because they have the 3rd most talent in the conference behind WKU and South Al. From what could be a 2 bid league depending if South Al loses in the tourny _

Well your incorrect. They do not have a the 3rd best talent in this league. I would put UL ahead of NT.

_ Well your incorrect. They do not have a the 3rd best talent in this league. I would put UL ahead of NT. _
    Somebody call 911! Mineshaft must need medical help ASAP!

_ Well your incorrect. They do not have a the 3rd best talent in this league. I would put UL ahead of NT. _
    Nah you are wrong but thats ok Ill forgive you.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Nah you are wrong but thats ok Ill forgive you.
    Does the fact that he's wrong surprise anyone?

Z

_ Nah you are wrong but thats ok Ill forgive you. _

So basically your saying that NT is more talented than UL. Is this correct?

_ So basically your saying that NT is more talented than UL. Is this correct? _
    Yes.but if our team had the experience of North Texas I would put UL above them but because of the amount of youth I would say NT above them right now. Next year is the year that will say the most about this team and coach.

_ Yes.but if our team had the experience of North Texas I would put UL above them but because of the amount of youth I would say NT above them right now. Next year is the year that will say the most about this team and coach. _

Were not talking experience we are talking talent level. UL has 5 times as much talent as NT and thats a fact. If you cant see that then get your eyes checked out immediately.

I dont have to wait till next year to see about the coach. Ive seen enough and hes horrible

I was glad to see Robert leave David in the game last night inspite of two consectitive turnovers he made immediately following his entry into the game. He came around and really made a contribution. IMO he adds that "leadership" quality" while on the court (then off as well) that these young guys need so badly from one of their own.

plus he made the vast majority of his free throws, which he took alot of.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ plus he made the vast majority of his free throws, which he took alot of. _
    Daigle, and Dees free throws were the diffrence last night

Default Re: Score UL-63 NT-58

I left last nights game happy but unsatisfied. When the game hits the 2 minute mark at the end, we refuse to try and run the clock out with smart passes, smart shots, etc Daigle running down and jacking up a quick 3 with 30 seconds left on the shot clock is not smart. If NT could have hit a free throw we would have lost by 10. I know it's youth and inexperience but it doesn't take a genius to know that when you have a 9-11 point lead going into the end of the game, all you have to do is be smart and take care of the ball and get out of there with a big win. This worries me going into the Conference Tourney.

_ Were not talking experience we are talking talent level. UL has 5 times as much talent as NT and thats a fact. If you cant see that then get your eyes checked out immediately.

I dont have to wait till next year to see about the coach. Ive seen enough and hes horrible _
    Oh yea I must be blind!!!! Your a dumb____!!! 5 times the talent NT has? You just got through saying how both teams were average at best but now UL has 5 times the talent of NT.WOW!!!

15. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns Take on Denver

In what has been billed as one of the most exciting seasons in recent history, Louisiana looks to wrap up its first outright Sun Belt West Division title since 2002-03 when it hosts the Denver Pioneers Saturday for Senior Night.

Louisiana, which has already secured a home game in the first round of the Sun Belt Conference Championship, can still earn a bye in the tournament if UALR loses at ULM on Saturday.

Prior to the start of Saturday’s game, Louisiana will honor its three seniors - Maurice Barksdale, David Dees and Abray Milson - during a special Senior Night ceremony.

Saturday’s regular season finale is also “White Out”. The first 5,000 fans will receive a free white t-shirt from The 6th Man.Thursday night, the Ragin’ Cajuns reversed a series of recent misfortunes when they defeated the North Texas Mean Green 63-58, snapping a four-game losing streak to the defending Sun Belt Conference champions.

In Thursday night’s game, North Texas had 14 deadball rebounds - the most of any Louisiana opponent this season. The Mean Green went 14-for-31 from the free throw line in Thursday’s loss. Fourteen (14) of those 17 misses were deadball rebounds.

Louisiana is now one of three schools in NCAA Division I (347 members) with no players averaging double figures in scoring, joining Savannah State and fellow Sun Belt West Division co-leader UALR.

Nearly eighty-three (82.54) percent of Louisiana’s offense this season comes from freshman or sophomores - the most of any Division I school in the nation. Of the Cajuns’ 1,833 points this season, only 320 of those come from seniors (Dees, Milson and Barksdale).

If the season ended today, Chris Gradnigo (42%) and Randell Daigle (39.7%) would rank in the single-season top 10 for three-point field goal percentage.

Denver Preview. North Texas invades the CAJUNDOME on a four-game winning streak and locked in a three-way tie for first place in the Sun Belt Conference’s West Division with the Cajuns and UALR.Two weeks ago, North Texas appeared to be out of the running for the West Division lead as the Mean Green was 5-7 and in fourth place behind Louisiana, UALR and New Orleans.Since defeating the Cajuns 72-65 on Jan. 12, North Texas has scored 80 or more points five times, including a 90-point outburst vs. Troy on Feb. 16. In all, the Mean Green has scored 80 or more 11 different times.Five Mean Green players are averaging 8.0 or more points per game, as compared to just three for the Ragin’ Cajuns.

After the Denver game.Louisiana will either host a first round Sun Belt Conference game on Wednesday, March 5 (Time TBD) or earn a first-round bye and not play until the quarterfinals on Sunday, March 9 at the Mitchell Center in Mobile, Ala.

A Win by Louisiana.would give the Ragin’ Cajuns a 15-14 overall record, while improving to 11-7 in league play. A Cajuns win coupled by a UALR loss would give Louisiana its first outright SBC West Division title since 2002-03.

A Loss by Louisiana.would drop the Cajuns to 14-15 overall and guarantee them of hosting a first round game in the Sun Belt Conference Championship on Wednesday, March 5 (Time TBD).

White Out. Saturday night’s game is “White Out” the CAJUNDOME. The first 5,000 fans will receive a free white t-shirt from The 6th Man to wear in the stands.

Daigle Does It Again. In a reversal of recent series misfortunes, sophomore Randell Daigle torched North Texas for a career-high-tying 17 points again as the Ragin’ Cajuns kept their hopes for a Sun Belt Conference West Division title alive with a 63-58 victory Thursday night at the CAJUNDOME.

In the January meeting between the teams in Denton, Daigle also scored 17 points, including five three-point field goals, but fouled out in the game’s last four minutes.The win snapped Louisiana’s four-game losing streak to North Texas. The Cajuns lost all three series meetings last season.

Interestingly Enough.In Thursday night’s game, North Texas had 14 deadball rebounds - the most of any Louisiana opponent this season. The Mean Green went 14-for-31 from the free throw line in Thursday’s loss. Fourteen (14) of those 17 misses were deadball rebounds.

Select Company. Louisiana is now one of three schools in NCAA Division I (347 members) with no players averaging double figures in scoring, joining Savannah State and fellow Sun Belt West Division co-leader UALR.

Fountain of Youth. Nearly eighty-three (82.54) percent of Louisiana’s offense this season comes from freshman or sophomores - the most of any Division I school in the nation. Of the Cajuns’ 1,833 points this season, only 320 of those come from seniors (Dees, Milson and Barksdale).

RaginCajuns.com

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 . LastLast

Thread Information