Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: UL Basketball has Arrived!!

One thing will be improved free throw shooting. I think we'll shoot 70% as a team this year. I think that will help in some of the close games we've lost over the last couple of years.

UL Basketball Re: UL Basketball has Arrived!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ So Tuesday night let's make sure that we get people in the Dome, even though it's only and exhibition, and support this young team. Give them a reason to win! _
    Dome Foam!!!!!

MMMMMMMMBeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!

3. Default Re: UL Basketball has Arrived!!

I am ready for BBall. I will be there. I have average expectations about this years team. I would like to expect a lot, but I was there and remember last years team.

go cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    _ I am ready for BBall. I will be there. I have average expectations about this years team. I would like to expect a lot, but I was there and remember last years team.

go cajuns _
    I got what I expected out of last year's team. I knew we were going to be aweful. I think we're going to be alot better this year. I'm predicting us to be a plus 500 team.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    My expectations aren't that high for wins and loses but I do expect to see us compete everytime we get on the court. I just can't wait to see the speed on the court that I here about, that 'you may beat us but you're gonna be dead tired after' approach. Can't Wait! _
    I am with you 100%. This team will be very athletic. But they are also very young. For us to be successfull this year, we must play 40 minutes of high tempo basketball.

I just want to see some hard played games that we can learn from this year. A winning season would be a bonus in my mind.

YES! Dome Foam!!!!!!! they better not jack up the price again like they did last year! That means I will be forced to .to bring more cash!haha

Yeah your right, the Cajun Dome need to quit raising prices and actually roll them back a bit. They are pricing certain would be Cajun fans out of a market that needs to still grow. Wins will attract the fans, but I am sure the captive Fans would love to be able to atleast sample the DomeFoam. I feel there are a certain number of families from around Acadiana that would love to frequent atleast a couple of games per month but their budgets with the Dome concession cost say they can not afford to go but once per month. Maybe I am wrong but I feel that if we had a little more affordable concessions more would be purchased and more would afford the opportunity to frequent the Cajun Dome for many events not just UL Games!!!!

DaddyCajun

ps My family of 5 will be there and so will my parents. They are like most of us getting older by the years rolling by, and I really treasure the times that we spend together at UL events!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I heard coach Lee on the radio last week and from what I heard we can expect to see a lot of speed and good shooting which I am pumped up to see. Last year we were losing and the games were slowed down from what I was used to seeing D. Mitchel, Orien, Boyd etc who made the game a show. My expectations aren't that high for wins and loses but I do expect to see us compete everytime we get on the court. I just can't wait to see the speed on the court that I here about, that 'you may beat us but you're gonna be dead tired after' approach. Can't Wait!
    Games were played at a slower pace last year because that gave us the best chance to win. What I expect to see this year is a lot more turnovers caused by our defense due to having more speed. What will determine how successful we are is execution in the half court offense. I know Coach Lee believes we will shoot better. That does not necessarily mean perimeter shooting. We will shoot a higher % due to having more talent which will result in fewer missed layups. I believe Coach Lee knows we have to put up more wins in order for him to continue to have community support. I will be there with my freshman son and teenage daughter. As far as concessions go, eat at home in order to save money. Just get to the game to support the team.

yeah the prices are high but that's not the University, it is the Cajundome (city management). I don't think UL has any say in the prices of food and drinks. Correct me if i'm wrong. But I could certainly see how it can get a bit pricey, I remember going to the games as a kid and wanting everything on the menu at the cajundome.

Ugghhhhh!!!!!!! I am SSSOOO jealous that you get to go to the games and I'm stuck here. (Contemplating just how far I can swim across the Caribbean Ocean to get back to Louisiana) Someone needs to promise to sit behind the bench and yell for the players for me. (And you have to yell loud. I have a HUGE voice!)

If you have a chance to go.go to the game!!! Who cares how much refreshments cost. At least you have the opportunity to see the team play!!!

When did this thread become about the price of concesions? Who cares how much they costs. I would pay $10 for a "Dome Foam!!" They are that good.

I agree with the post that we will be fast and athletic. Judging from the Dunk Competition at Midnight Madness we should have at least one guy to put on a show like D Mitch used to do.

Geaux "Dome Foam"I mean Cajuns!!!

Anybody know if there is set starting line-up yet or is that kind of a work in progress right now? interested to see what kind of height we are going to have on the floor for the majority of the game. I feel like i haven't been to a Cajun game in two years with all the fresh faces, I know Dees, Millsap, Barksdale, and after that I'm in the dark.

I'd leave prices as they are as long as the Cajuns are getting a cut of the sales of food & beverages.

Actually Barksdale is hurt w/ a bruised hip and will not start and may not play. The Daily AdverTiger reported this starting five:

PG W. Lago
    SG D. Dees
    SF E. Millsap
    PF T. Johnson
    C A. Milson

I would guess we will see a lot of rotation tonight being that it is an exhibition.

15. Default Re: UL Basketball has Arrived!!

I was impressed with the season tickets this year. They are very sharp!

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information