Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Dees Brothers

Heard on the pregame show from Robert Lee that Stephen Dees is no longer on the team. And David is not playing tonight and that "the situation will be addressed tomorrow".

So it looks like Mineshaft had some inside info concerning his last post.

Losing Dees is HUGE. I don't know why he would leave though, unless it is for personal reasons. He is a Senior and cannot play anywhere else.

Anybody have anymore info?

2. Default Re: Dees Brothers

I heard both Dees boys failed their drug tests but my source has been unrelaible in the past.

Default Re: Dees Brothers

Not having David is costing us. His maturity calms us down. We are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Not having David is costing us. His maturity calms us down. We are all over the place. _
    We were terrible tonight

This is a what i've heard on the grapevine, basically rumor, that both Dees were not happy with playing time and decided to leave the team. I know David's role had diminished as the season progressed but when he was in the game his impact was noticed. I'm sad to see him go, he had a great season last year and seemed to be a good kid. I wish him the best in future endeavors.

6. UL Basketball Blue Raiders Stun Ragin' Cajuns at Home, 57-51

LOUISIANA – Despite a career-high 15 points from Tyren Johnson (Edgard, La.), Middle Tennessee overcame an early 11-point deficit to shock the Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s basketball team 57-51 Thursday night at the CAJUNDOME.

Louisiana (9-12, 5-5 Sun Belt) led by as many as 11 points in the first half, marking the eighth time in 10 Sun Belt Conference contests that the Cajuns had led by 10 or more. After hitting all three of its three-point attempts in the first half, the Cajuns went cold in the second stanza, connecting on just 1-of-15 from beyond the arc.

Louisiana shot just 35.4 percent (17-of-48) from the floor and a dismal 22.2 percent (4-of-18) from three-point range. The Blue Raiders didn’t have much more success as Middle Tennessee hit just 37.5 percent.

Middle Tennessee (9-11, 6-4 Sun Belt) won its first game at the CAJUNDOME and its first in Lafayette since Jan. 25, 1959, at Blackham Coliseum. The Blue Raiders have now won the last three meetings in the series.

Middle Tennessee’s Desmond Yates led all scorers with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Nigel Johnson added 16 points and eight boards, while Demetrius Green chipped in 11 points.

In addition to Johnson’s career-high 15, the sophomore also pulled down a team-high seven boards, while blocking a game-high three shots. As a team, Louisiana recorded a season-high eight blocks.

Louisiana fell behind by six points, 39-33, in the early stages of the second half. The Blue Raiders later extended their lead to seven until Johnson electrified the dormant crowd with a sensational dunk, snapping Louisiana’s 1-for-8 shooting spell.

Middle Tennessee’s lead grew to 44-35 after Nigel Johnson drained a triple from the top of the key. Johnson later added another basket for an 11-point Blue Raiders edge.

Maurice Barksdale (Baltimore, Md.) cut the Middle Tennessee lead to eight, 46-38, after calmly connecting on three free throws. A Tyren Johnson triple brought the Cajuns’ deficit to five points, 46-41. Courtney Wallace (New Orleans, La.) extended the Cajuns’ run to 8-0 after drilling a 12-footer.

Louisiana twice cut Middle Tennessee’s lead to one, but the Blue Raiders kept the Cajuns at bay for the remainder of the second half.

Louisiana opened the game with as much as an 11-point cushion, 24-13, after Bureau drained a 14-footer along the baseline. Despite the early double-digit advantage, Middle Tennessee responded with a 17-0 tear, quieting the CAJUNDOME crowd. That elongated run ultimately provided too much of a deficit for the Cajuns to overcome.

With the Blue Raiders clinging to a 26-24 lead, things quickly began to unravel for the Cajuns. Chris Gradnigo (Lake Charles, La.) missed the front end of a one-and-one and Elijah Millsap (Grambling, La.) was later called for a player control foul.

On the ensuing possession, Johnson went coast to coast, slicing through the Cajuns defense for an easy lay-in and a 28-24 edge.

Trailing by six, Tyren Johnson finally broke Middle Tennessee’s torrid run with a put back on his own missed shot at the 3:14 mark. Randell Daigle (Lafayette, La.) brought the Cajuns to within two points, 30-28, after successfully knocking down two free throws.

Then, 40 seconds later, La’Ryan Gary (Lafayette, La.) missed a chance to tie the game at 30 apiece, blowing a wide-open slam dunk. The Blue Raiders later regained a six-point lead, 34-28, after Theryn Hudson hit two free throws with 1:15 remaining in the first half.

In the waning moments of the first half, Bureau brought the CAJUNDOME crowd to its feat with a mammoth dunk over Dino Hair. But, the Blue Raiders were able to score before the half expired, as Middle Tennessee held a 36-31 lead at the break.

Yates led all scorers with 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting in the first half, while Johnson chipped in seven points and four rebounds. Demetrius Green added nine points on 3-of-4 shooting.

Tyren Johnson paced the Cajuns with eight points and three rebounds. Gradnigo poured in seven points, while Bureau added five.

Louisiana’s men’s basketball team returns to the road Wednesday, Feb. 6, when it travels to Miami, Fla., to face the FIU Golden Panthers. Tip-off is set for 6:30 p.m. (CT) at Pharmed Arena.

RaginCajuns.com

Homes SO Clean

7. UL Basketball Youngest Dees off UL's team

One of the youngest teams in NCAA Division I basketball this season got even younger on Wednesday.

In his pre-game radio show Thursday night, UL coach

Robert Lee announced that sophomore guard Stephen Dees was no longer on the team. Lee also said senior guard David Dees would not dress out Thursday and that his status would be addressed today.

"Stephen Dees will not return to our basketball team," Lee said after a 57-51 loss to Middle Tennessee State at the Cajundome. "David Dees, I will address his situation tomorrow afternoon."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

8. UL Basketball MTSU out-muscles Cajuns on boards for its first win at UL in 49 seasons

As usual, UL showed flashes of its vast potential.

Monster dunks in traffic by Tyren Johnson, Elijah Millsap and Travis Bureau.

An old-fashioned four-point play by Chris Gradnigo.

A career-best night for Johnson.

But as usual, one of the nation's youngest teams showed its age Thursday night. The Ragin' Cajuns added to a rollercoaster season with their fifth loss in seven games after falling to Middle Tennessee State, 57-51, at the Cajundome.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by That USL Bounce View Post
    _ I heard both Dees boys failed their drug tests but my source has been unrelaible in the past. _
    Their absence has nothing to do with drugs and everything to do with David Dees and (in his opinion) his "lack of playing time".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    _ Their absence has nothing to do with drugs and everything to do with David Dees and (in his opinion) his "lack of playing time". _
    There is a rumor on campus going around that has nothing to do with drugs or playing time. I don't know if the real story will come out but who knows. Will be ok without them.

All this overshawdows a great performance by Tyren Johnson. Tyren is so raw that it is scary to think what he could become.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ There is a rumor on campus going around that has nothing to do with drugs or playing time. I don't know if the real story will come out but who knows. Will be ok without them.

All this overshawdows a great performance by Tyren Johnson. Tyren is so raw that it is scary to think what he could become. _
    I hate to change the subject so soon but Clutch do you think this could free up a new scolarship with one of the lafayette high seniors? those kids are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    _ I hate to change the subject so soon but Clutch do you think this could free up a new scolarship with one of the lafayette high seniors? those kids are pretty good _
    Stephen Dees was not on scholarship and David is a senior. David's scholarship has already been filled with the early signees.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Stephen Dees was not on scholarship and David is a senior. David's scholarship has already been filled with the early signees. _
    Damn it you beat me to it lol your the pro at this though so I'll let it slide :-) jk

David seemed like he took the loss of playing time initially really well and started asserting himself more when he did play and earned a lot more pt. It seemed like he was happy with his contributions to the team and was enjoying the streak they were on.

According to someone who was at practice today, David Dees was dressed out and practicing with the team.

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information