Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

1. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns set to take on Owls of FAU

So who is going to the game?

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns set to take on Owls of FAU

with bells on

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns set to take on Owls of FAU

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    So who is going to the game?
    I will be there. As it is the first weekend game of the season, there may be quite a few who will be attending who normally are not able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I will be there. As it is the first weekend game of the season, there may be quite a few who will be attending who normally are not able to. _
    Too bad the NFL buckled and put on New England tonight on over the air television instead of the NFL Network. I am pretty sure that is one reason for the $5.00 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    Too bad the NFL buckled and put on New England tonight on over the air television instead of the NFL Network. I am pretty sure that is one reason for the $5.00 tickets.
    The $5 ticket option was set right before the season started. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Pats game on TV.

This is so COOL Re: Ragin' Cajuns set to take on Owls of FAU

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ The $5 ticket option was set right before the season started. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Pats game on TV. _

OK. On the other hand this is the first I have read about it. Still no matter, I am sure that the NFL for free making history will keep the casual fan home before going to the game.

I plan on being there to welcome the team home. Be LOUD be PROUD.

7. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns Win!!! That's four wins in last five games

The recent shooting woes of UL's Elijah Millsap led to a series of heart-to-heart phone calls and text messages with older brother Paul, a forward for the Utah Jazz.

Now the brothers have something positive to talk about.

The younger Millsap buried three straight 3-pointers in the first half Saturday night, helping propel the Ragin' Cajuns past Florida Atlantic, 71-52, in Sun Belt Conference play at the Cajundome.

"It was a big help," UL's Randell Daigle said of Millsap's 3s. "We didn't have much offense going when he hit those big shots. It gave us a boost.

"Then shots started falling for the rest of the team."

The end result was another balanced scoring effort for the Cajuns (5-7 overall, 2-0 SBC). They have won four of their last five games, snapping a two-game losing streak at home and improving to 2-0 in conference play for the first time since the 2001-02 season.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

yeah the $5.00 tickets were set before the season, and advertised at least 3 times during the week. I go up to the cajundome to buy tickets on saturday around 1pm and the lady tells me that she didn't know of any such discount. So she proceeds to call two other people and they say no. Granted I was still going to the game, but it was still an inconvience. Later I called and shen then apologized and said there was a discount but only for the 200 level rings, not the 300 section. Well clearly in section 2C it states 200 section rings and 300 level. Also in the saturday paper in section 2C they advertised free pom poms, I brought my family and my little girl was looking forward to them. They were never passed out at the door. My wife went to ask around during the start of the game, and she was told by a women selling UL items on the floor not to always believe what you read. I will always go back to the basketball games as i will with all sports, but i thought the university really dropped the ball on this one.

Louisiana S-Club Re: Ragin' Cajuns Win!!! That is four wins in last five

I don't know if there was ever a time where I was this excited about the cajun basketball program. I know we've had good teams in the past but this is the first in recent memory for me, that we've recruited all of these guys and they will be playing for several years rather than one and done or in trouble.

I'm pumped for the next several years and beyond hopefully!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Win!!! That is four wins in last five

I feel the same way.

I'm still looking for that crow

12. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Win!!! That is four wins in last five

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    I'm still looking for that crow
    I would love to, but I don't count my crows before they hatch.

I am excited that the Cajuns have won 4/5, but they still have a losing record. I am hoping that will change Thursday. I continue to support the team no matter what my opinion of the coach is, cause I support the University. The season isn't quite half over and there are still at least 17 games left to play. I have already given my opinion on Coach Lee. I shall reserve my view point until the end of the season.

Until thenGo Cajuns.

PS. I understand that TD has moved, but may still call some Cajun events. Does anyone have any information on how often he expects come back? The announcing at the last game was not good. (no offense that guy)

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    I would love to, but I don't count my crows before they hatch.

I am excited that the Cajuns have won 4/5, but they still have a losing record. I am hoping that will change Thursday. I continue to support the team no matter what my opinion of the coach is, cause I support the University. The season isn't quite half over and there are still at least 17 games left to play. I have already given my opinion on Coach Lee. I shall reserve my view point until the end of the season.

Until thenGo Cajuns.

PS. I understand that TD has moved, but may still call some Cajun events. Does anyone have any information on how often he expects come back? The announcing at the last game was not good. (no offense that guy)
    None of our view points matter. Coach Lee will be allowed to coach the big men next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    _ I would love to, but I don't count my crows before they hatch.

Until thenGo Cajuns.

PS. I understand that TD has moved, but may still call some Cajun events. Does anyone have any information on how often he expects come back? The announcing at the last game was not good. (no offense that guy) _
    I agree, I missed TD also. You could hardly hear the new guy. The has a great voice.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ I agree, I missed TD also. You could hardly hear the new guy. The has a great voice. _
    The "New Guy" is really bad. Perhaps he will improve, but it will take a looooooooooooong time.

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information