Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

Greene was a great defensive point guard. He was not much of a threat on the offensive side.

I think Daigle is a better rounded player. Daigle is a good defensive point guard.

I don't think we have had a well rounded point guard since Eric Mouton and Aaron Mitchell.

I would compare Daigle to both Mitchell and Mouton.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    .One should never, ever make decisions based on very limited knowledge.
    . I welcome him into the Cajun family.
    Are you serious? Or is it that you just felt compelled to write something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Greene could not shoot the ball like Daigle can.

Daigle is smaller than Greene. But, I think Daigle will be a better player after his four years are over than Greene was for us.
    The defense, ball handling, and rebounding Greene contributed are things Daigle will never be able to do due to his size. He also did have quite a few assists as he was able to get to the basket and would then dish off to open perimeter shooters. I agree Daigle is a much better shooter than Greene and will be a key contibutor for four more years ( he will get his prop year back). His high school coach told me last year he had great potential due to having basketball "smarts".

Default Re: Travis Bureau

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Why is Millsap playing? He is not good.
    Milsap plays due to his defense. He also rebounds well for a guy who is 6'5". He did hit a big 18 footer in OT to help us pull it out. He does need to cut down on his turnovers and the coaches are constantly pointing that out to him.

UL Basketball Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ Are you serious? Or is it that you just felt compelled to write something? _
    When you trash a young person for no reason I do feel compelled to comment. I have far more knowledge about his career than one game with one coach. Seems to me there was a lot more than him getting upset with a coach for one game opening game.

I welcome him in, and I also enjoyed Michael Southal while he was here. Coach Lee found a way to bring his life around.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    Cajuns going to OT. What in the hell was that with 6 seconds left on the clock?
    We did not do well in the last shot in regulation. Gradnigo screened Daigle's man when he should have screened Bureau's man and that led to confusion. Gradnigo is a great offensive player but still makes freshman mistakes in his floor game. I could hear Coach Lee yelling "Chris" box out over the radio. ETSU did hurt us a lot with put backs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    I say Dison and Bloom should be starting ahead of them.
    Burueau perhaps should start ahead of the guys you mentioned. Bloom is limited defensively while Dison is OK offensively compared to Bureau who is good on both ends. Note that Dees only played nine minutes last night and did not start.

Daigle has 10 assists last night with only 3 turnovers in 29 minutes of play.

4 of 7 on 3's. 14 points.

UL Basketball Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

Cajunfever; I would love for you to be correct but Greene was The Man.

UL Basketball Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Cajunfever; I would love for you to be correct but Greene was The Man. _
    I felt the same way, but after checking the stat sheets he never lead in assists, forcing turnovers, points, steals, shooting percentage. He was very good and very quite.

11. UL Basketball Cajuns Earn Some Ragin' Respect

HONOLULU, Hawaii - UL's basketball team, one that was struggling to find itself less than two weeks ago, now finds itself heading into Sun Belt Conference play riding a wave all the way from the Hawaiian Islands.

The Ragin' Cajuns took their third win in four games late Saturday night and did it in dramatic fashion, taking an 82-80 overtime victory over East Tennessee State in the third-place game of the 44th annual Rainbow Classic at Hawaii's Stan Sheriff Center.

UL (4-7), which opened Sun Belt play last Sunday with a surprising 68-67 victory at UL Monroe, took two of its three games on the Islands and will go into next Saturday's home conference opener against Florida Atlantic as one of the league's hottest teams.

"We were able to leave here with respect," Cajun coach Robert Lee said after his team fought off a 24-0 ETSU run and got two key 3-pointers from Randell Daigle and Chris Gradnigo in the extra period. "When we came here, I don't think people had enough respect for our team."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

12. UL Basketball St. Mary's 1st, Ohio 2nd, UL 3rd, Tulane 5th in Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic

ALL-TOURNEY TEAM
    Leon Williams (Ohio)
    Diamon Simpson (Saint Mary's)
    Chris Gradnigo (UL)
    Jerome Tillman (Ohio)
    Kevin Sims (Tulane)
    Most outstanding: Patrick Mills (Saint Mary's)

The eight-team field for the 44th annual Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic was supposed to be even.

Saint Mary's proved otherwise. The Gaels defeated Ohio, 70-63, in the championship game last night.

A crowd of 980 at the Stan Sheriff Center watched Saint Mary's win the Rainbow Classic in its first year in the eight-team tournament.

The Gaels won three games in as many nights to improve to 10-1. Ohio dropped to 8-4.

The rest of the story

By Dayton Morinaga

UL Basketball Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ You gotta be kidding me!.anyway, did you even read my statement? Judging from your response it looks like you did.with your super hero mask on.which apparently has just slightly distorted you super vision!

Sometimes displaying a little breavity coupled with aspects being coy is the best option. I'll take that route this time.

ps.I'm attempting to trash talk.are your spider senses tingling yet?
    _
    Don't know about those tingly feelings, but Santa is on his way with big men for good Cajun boys and girls. Have a Merry, Safe Christmas, and a Happy, Prosperous New Year.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

_ Don't know about those tingly feelings, but Santa is on his way with big men for good Cajun boys and girls. Have a Merry, Safe Christmas, and a Happy, Prosperous New Year. _
    Same to you CE.Just make sure you show up this weekend and be Loud & Proud against FAU.It's wonderful fans like you that makes college sports so great!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns set to take on Owls of FAU

Faced with a six-game losing streak after winning its season-opener, the UL men's basketball team needed a savior.

Four first-year players - freshmen Chris Gradnigo and Travis Bureau and sophomores Randell Daigle and La'Ryan Gary - have shared that responsibility as the Ragin' Cajuns (4-7) have won three of their last four games.

Over UL's last four games, the quartet has combined to score 190 of the team's 279 points. That's more than 68 percent of the team's scoring production coming from two players who were playing high school ball last season (Gradnigo and Bureau) and two players who sat out last season to restore academic eligibility (Daigle and Gary).

"Coach (Robert Lee) expects a lot from us (younger players)," said Gradnigo, whose Cajuns open a three-game home stand at 7:05 tonight against Sun Belt Conference foe Florida Atlantic (4-8). "So far we've proven we can handle the load."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information