Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Travis Bureau

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    _ LaRyan Gary played one hell of a game tonight. He kept us in the game during the big slump we had.

_
    He sure did! Proud of him!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Travis Bureau

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I say that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I would say starting fvie should look like this.

PG - Daigle
    SG - Gradnigo
    SF- Gary
    SF - Milsap
    PF - Wallace
    Clutch, where are we gonna put Jeremy Barr, or Lester Ferguson, or the big transfer from Nevada?? HHHHhhhhmmmmm???

You forgot, huh?

Merry Christmas,

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Do you remember the recruits name who signed with us from the JC in Texas? The center who signed initially with USC? I wanna dream and play "what if" a little bit.
    Jeremy Barr

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Clutch, where are we gonna put Jeremy Barr, or Lester Ferguson, or the big transfer from Nevada?? HHHHhhhhmmmmm???

You forgot, huh?

Merry Christmas,

Z _
    Its a hell of a problem to have for next year but i was speaking mroe in terms of this year.

_ I like that line up Clutch.But I must say, next season.T. Bureau bumps one of them to the six man role! Not sure which one.maybe Gary. IMO of course.

How big is Travis? _
    I believe travis is 6'7 not sure bout weight.it is a great problem to have lol

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCall View Post
    Jay keeps saying MiddleTennessee
    What did MT have to do with this game? Didn't get a chance to listen.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Oh wait I get it. We were playing east tenn state, but he was accidentally saying mid tenn state.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Travis Bureau

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Jeremy Barr _

Aaaah.Thanks Z! I geuss for the rest you guys out there who don't know about this fella.I'm gonna let you in on my current dream!

"In the midst of championship week, 'Big' Jeremy Barr was visiting Division I schools and impressing college coaches.

Over the past two weeks, he completed journeys to two of his top four choices, and is now back in Houston weighing his options.

The 6' 9" 254-pound power forward from North Andros is one of the highest recruited big men in the United States of America. He turned in a dominant performance in leading Westbury Christian to its third straight state championship two-and-a-half weeks ago, and now almost every major programme in the nation is attempting to lure the services of the high school senior.

In his first two years in Houston, he was a role player in the Wildcats system, but has developed into a team-leading power forward this year, and his numbers support that. He averaged around 16 points and 11 rebounds per game this year, and at times, was dominant on both offence and defence. He is now the No. 22 ranked player in the state of Texas.

Barr has his list of over 40 scholarships from top NCAA Division I programmes narrowed down to four, and expects to sign his letter of intent at home in The Bahamas right before the college deadline (April 13). His four leading schools are Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, University of Southern Cal (USC) and Colorado."

See: http://www.texastechfans.com/forums/.php/t7845.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I dont want him to pull down team morel when he gets here. _
    I agree Clutch.don't need another "bad seed!" This guy must be a team player or we should skip on him.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

This guy must be a team player or we should skip on him. _
    And if he is willing to be a "mature and integral" team player.can you imagine the "inside.outside game" of this team? The Cajun Dome will be a hop'n & hoot'n!

11. UL Basketball Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

HONOLULU, O’ahu – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns overcame a 24-0 run by East Tennessee State mid-way through the second half to pull away with a solid 82-80 victory over the Bucs Saturday night at the Stan Sheriff Center.

The victory gave Louisiana (4-7) its third victory in its last four games and a third-place finish in the Outrigger Hotels Rainbow Classic. ETSU (5-7) finished fourth in the eight-team tournament.

Freshman Chris Gradnigo (Lake Charles, La.) capped off a fabulous week of play, leading the Cajuns with 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting. Gradnigo finished with 52 points in three games in the tournament. Sophomore La’Ryan Gary (Lafayette, La.) added a career-high 16 points, while Travis Bureau (Gonzales, La.) also added a career-high 15 points.

Sophomore Randell Daigle (Lafayette, La.) recorded his first career double-double, scoring a career-high 14 points, while dishing out a career-high 10 assists. The Cajuns distributed 22 assists as a team on 26 field goals.

East Tennessee State’s Kevin Tiggs led all scorers with 27 points, while pulling down a game-high 10 rebounds. Courtney Pigram added 17 points for the Bucs.

Louisiana appeared to have salted the game away on its first possessions of the second half. Elijah Millsap’s (Grambling, La.) emphatic transition dunk gave the Cajuns a 12-point cushion before a Gradnigo triple gave Louisiana a 15-point edge.

However, a 24-0 run by East Tennessee State gave the Bucs a 58-49 lead with 11:11 remaining in the second half. Louisiana broke ETSU’s run on a David Dees (Dayton, Ohio) free throw, cutting the Bucs lead to 58-50.

Louisiana went 9:41 without a field goal in the second half until Abray Milson (Lafayette, La.) converted a lay-in with 9:15 remaining in regulation, 58-52.

The Cajuns tied the contest at 60 apiece after Gary successfully converted a three-point play with 6:06 on the clock. Louisiana then completed its comeback after Daigle knocked down a 22-footer from the top of the key, 63-60, at the 5:37 mark. That crucial basket capped a 14-2 Cajuns run. ETSU then regained the lead after back-to-back baskets, 64-63.

Louisiana later tied the game at 68-68 and had an opportunity to win it in regulation, but the Cajuns were unable to connect on a shot as time expired.

Millsap gave Louisiana its first lead of overtime, 73-72, with a little more than two minutes remaining on the clock. Pigram then connected on two freebies to give ETSU a one-point edge, 74-73. That lead wouldn’t last as Gradnigo nailed a trey for a 76-74 UL edge.

Leading by one, Daigle drained a 25-footer for an 81-77 Cajuns lead. Gradnigo added a freebie with nine seconds remaining to help seal the win.

Louisiana continued its three-point shooting successes in the tournament early on in the first half, as both Gradnigo and Daigle drained triples on the Cajuns’ first two possessions. Gradnigo later added an easy bucket on a back-door cut, giving Louisiana an 8-5 lead.

After ETSU tied the game at 8-8, Gradnigo answered with three-pointer in transition, regaining Louisiana’s three-point edge, 11-8. Three of Louisiana’s four baskets in the game’s opening four minutes were from beyond the arc.

Louisiana scored six straight points at the free throw line, including three by Bureau and two by Gary. The Cajuns took their largest lead, 17-12, with 12:20 left in the first half after a Dees free throw.

East Tennessee State then went on an 8-2 run to take a 20-19 lead, forcing Louisiana to take a 30-second timeout.

On its first possession following the timeout, Gradnigo drilled his third triple of the half, giving a two-point cushion back to Louisiana, 22-20. After ETSU regained the lead on a Tiggs trey, Bureau nailed a fade-away three-pointer for a 25-23 Louisiana lead.

The Cajuns continued their hot shooting as Bureau and Gradnigo hit a pair of triples to give Louisiana a six-point lead, 31-25. That streak continued as Louisiana went on a 15-0 run to take a commanding 15-point lead, 40-25, before ETSU finally broke its scoring drought.

ETSU eventually cut the deficit to 10 points, 44-34, as time expired in the first half.

Louisiana shot an impressive 50 percent from the field in the first half, connecting on 13-of-26 attempts, while hitting 56.3 percent of its three-point attempts (9-of-16). The Cajuns also shot 69.2 percent (9-of-13) from the free throw line. Louisiana held ETSU to 44.8 percent (13-of-29) from the field in the first half.

Bureau led all scorers with 15 points on 4-of-7 shooting, including four three-pointers. Bureau had made his first four shots before missing his last three attempts. Gradnigo chipped in 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting, while Gary added eight. In the first half, Louisiana recorded an assist on each of its 13 made baskets.

Tiggs paced the Bucs with 12 points and four rebounds. Blake Mishler added eight points.

After a much-deserved break for the Christmas holidays, Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns return to the hardwood Saturday, Dec. 29, when they host the Florida Atlantic Owls for a 7:05 p.m. tip-off at the CAJUNDOME.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

10 assists! Awesome.

A have never seen a good team with a bad point guard. Daigle is the man we have been needing since Greene left.

Default Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

Greene could not shoot the ball like Daigle can.

Daigle is smaller than Greene. But, I think Daigle will be a better player after his four years are over than Greene was for us.

UL Basketball Re: Gradnigo, Daigle Lead Louisiana to Third Place Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _ Greene could not shoot the ball like Daigle can.

Daigle is smaller than Greene. But, I think Daigle will be a better player after his four years are over than Greene was for us. _
    Well defense, and rebounding comes to my mind first when I think of that big point guard Green. Offense. and assists were not IMO his best part of the game.

UL Basketball Re: UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

_ I agree Clutch.don't need another "bad seed!" This guy must be a team player or we should skip on him. _
    Yea we don't need another big man. Yea he must be a bad egg. Yea you need to get a grip dude. One should never, ever make decisions based on very limited knowledge.

I clearly recall UNO people, who were disappointed that they did not get Mitchell, saying such things about Green and Mitchell. Both wanted the ball too much, not enough team. Both were great additions.

I welcome him into the Cajun family.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information