Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007-08 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: Opponent View: Cajuns' win came gift wrapped

"Couldn't hit the broad side of a diamond head with a shot?"

Whatever happened to the broad side of a barn?

Default Re: Opponent View: Cajuns' win came gift wrapped

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCajun32 View Post
    _ I agree. these are two nice wins in a row, especially from a team that had lots of reasons to throw in the towel. Kudos to Lee for keeping the team together and fighting hard and believing. But there are still major problems that need to be addressed. Also keep in mind that Hawaii came into the game 3-4 so this is not some banner win. Most of the Cajuns teams of the past 40 years or so would have been expected to win a game like this. not so sure why Hawaii is so "stunned" as their media seems to think. After all, what did they expect as a 3-4 team, that any team they play that also has a losing record would just lay down because they had to fly out to Hawaii and play in their tourney? _
    Even though Hawaii was 3-4, we were 10.5 point underdogs. That was an impressive win last night. Argue that it was ugly and giftwrapped and all of that, but the fact is that we overcame an incredible home court advantage and our own poor shooting performance with hustle, defense, clutch shooting, and composure. Hawaii didn't throw the game away, we won it with plays like Gradnigo's big shot at the end, Milsap's steal after suffering a dislocated finger, and Daigle hitting the game-icing free throws. How many times in the past few years have other players missed those same free throws?

I'm all for keeping a level head and I don't think we've turned some proverbial huge corner, but give credit where it's due. These young guys are taking over this team and have come up huge in two consecutive tough road games. They're maturing before our eyes and we should be appreciating and enjoying it.

Derf makes a great point about our big men needing to finish though. Imagine, had they converted half of their 2nd chance opportunities, we end up shooting around 40-45% and this game isn't even close.

3. UL Basketball Ohio up next for streaking Louisiana

Elijah Millsap needed a supersized Band-Aid.

His right hand was swollen, his left pinkie dislocated and shooting touch suffering.

But he still found a way to make his presence felt Wednesday night in the first round of the 44th annual Outriggers Hotel Rainbow Classic.

Helped from the court with 1:09 left after dislocating his pinkie, Millsap returned in the final seconds and forced a turnover as the Ragin' Cajuns edged Hawaii, 61-59, in Honolulu to win their second straight game.

The sophomore struggled again offensively, scoring only five points - nearly eight under his per-game average - on 0-of-11 shooting.

But Millsap thrived in other areas for the Cajuns (3-6 overall, 1-0 Sun Belt Conference). He grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds and held Hawaii's leading scorer Bobby Nash to a season-low 10 points on 3-of-13 shooting as the Warriors (3-5) lost in the first round of the Rainbow Classic since 1995.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

4. Default Re: Louisiana Shocks Hawaii 61-59

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Hey. things could turn on a dime, particularly for such a young team. but what about Coach Lee's abilities now? I'm waiting to see what those who have been bashing him and the team will say this morning.
    Edit/Delete Message
    I am one who is ready for Coach Lee to 'step down'. Two wins are not going to change my mindwe still have a losing record. The team has been playing great defense for most of the season, but I am concerned about the offense. I would like to see more plays run, picks set, and in bounds passes that do not involve the back court.

Also, I am not shouting and ranting about this. This is only the second post that I have ever mentioned a coaching change.

With that saidGo Cajuns.

Default Re: Louisiana Shocks Hawaii 61-59

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan View Post
    I am one who is ready for Coach Lee to 'step down'. Two wins are not going to change my mindwe still have a losing record. The team has been playing great defense for most of the season, but I am concerned about the offense. I would like to see more plays run, picks set, and in bounds passes that do not involve the back court.

Also, I am not shouting and ranting about this. This is only the second post that I have ever mentioned a coaching change.

With that saidGo Cajuns.
    What would the final record have to be for you to support Coach Lee to return? A winning record is still possible at this point. I suspect the administration will keep him if we have some improvement over last year which probably equates to 12 wins. He may be kept regardless of the record due to a new president coming in and so many freshman playing. That aside, I am also disappointed in our offense. I think our low shooting % is because we get so few inside baskets as our post guys work hard but are often outmanned. From what I understand, that should change next season with the guys we picked up in the early signing period.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Shocks Hawaii 61-59

I agree, we are just not aggressive enough inside, and we are missing some very close shots. It is like we are afraid to hurt the other team. These guys are gonna get better, if our offense would put up some more points, we would be a damn good team (duh).

Default Re: Louisiana Shocks Hawaii 61-59

Geo that is duh. Why don't you spend your brain cells cheering for Memphis. Otherwise, Troy and FAU will take over the conference and we can drop our other sports and concentrate on baseball.

FAU is a monster school about to wake up. At least Troy only wins because Blackney can put Juco players together.

Snuffalafugas or whatever his name is, is building a serious program over there and Bustle can't recruit against the ring.

TX

UL Basketball UL vs Eastern Tenn. State (Travis Bureau)

Jay keeps saying MiddleTennessee 38-25

Default Travis Bureau

I am finally getting the chance to watch this team play and boy do I like Travis. He is the type of shooter that I believe we needed . This team has the potential to do a lot when they play like they are at the moment with 5 minutes left in the first half.

Default Re: Travis Bureau

With Gradnigo and Bureau, we have legit three point shooters.

Daigle also can hit the three.

It is all about confidence.

Looks like we are starting to get some confidence.

This team is playing like it is very well coached.

This team is not forcing shots, it is passing the abll to the open player.

Default Re: Cajuns breaking away in a beat down

We are playing very well.

We are 8-11 on 3's with 3 minutes left in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _ With Gradnigo and Bureau, we have legit three point shooters.

Daigle also can hit the three.

It is all about confidence.

Looks like we are starting to get some confidence.

This team is playing like it is very well coached.

This team is not forcing shots, it is passing the abll to the open player. _
    Why is Millsap playing? He is not good.

Milsap is a very good player, He is just injured.

The 2 players who I thought would be leading this team are not getting much playing time. Dees and Milsap.

The youth is starting to show now. We are down by 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _ Milsap is a very good player, He is just injured.

The 2 players who I thought would be leading this team are not getting much playing time. Dees and Milsap.

The youth is starting to show now. We are down by 3 _
    Dees and Millsaps are not good.

Cajuns 62 to 60 with 5 min. + left

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information