Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

1. UL Football Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I just did a quick check and it looks like just phase one elevates Cajun Field in seating capacity ahead of: SMU, Wyoming, Colorado State, Duke, Washington State, So Miss, Boise State, and will be about equal with Vanderbilt. And that's just Phase I. You will be surprised with the schools that we will surpass with phase II
    Well I love the new plans. There are several things that really need to happen regardless of seating capacity.

I: Improve the bathrooms, a whole lot.

II: Make sure the student side no longer collects water that flows into the bathrooms when it rains, really bad image.

III: Make sure the water does not pour into the stadium from rusted out, corroded concrete on second deck.

Other amenities:

I: Decent jumbo screen.

II: Gator pond for Fideaux

III: Garden for Cayenne to lounge in

IV: Dog kennel for the Catahoula pups to play in.

One of these three needs to be our final spirit leader.

Default Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Helmut ya think the pilings in the end zones have been there since 1972? If so that is a lot of expensive and time consuming work we won't have to worry about. I am supposing pilings are needed?
    I doubt that there are any pilings placed in the north end zone as they would not be needed. I would suspect that the first thing they would do is grade the base and place a French drain. Then place form work and then rebar. Concrete after that. Concrete placement would be in four to six phases from left to right (or right to left) Each phase would be monolithic (all at one time with no left to right -horizontal- joints) concrete placement would be done from bottom to top. In other words the concrete placements would be pie shaped. Concrete placement would start at about 2 or 3 A.M. and end when they are finished. At least 2 pumper trucks would be used with caravans of concrete trucks to minimize pumping down time. This minimizes pour lines and honeycombs.

My previous statement that it would not take long to do is with the caveat that they don't have a contractor on par with the guy that did Lamson Park. Given that this is a pretty substantial project , I would suspect that any contractor that gets the job will be geared up to do the work properly. If not then it will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I doubt that there are any pilings placed in the north end zone as they would not be needed. I would suspect that the first thing they would do is grade the base and place a French drain. Then place form work and then rebar. Concrete after that. Concrete placement would be in four to six phases from left to right (or right to left) Each phase would be monolithic (all at one time with no left to right -horizontal- joints) concrete placement would be done from bottom to top. In other words the concrete placements would be pie shaped. Concrete placement would start at about 2 or 3 A.M. and end when they are finished. At least 2 pumper trucks would be used with caravans of concrete trucks to minimize pumping down time. This minimizes pour lines and honeycombs.

My previous statement that it would not take long to do is with the caveat that they don't have a contractor on par with the guy that did Lamson Park. Given that this is a pretty substantial project , I would suspect that any contractor that gets the job will be geared up to do the work properly. If not then it will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Once started, how long would you anticipate this project to last? (if done correctly) Is it conceivable that it will be totally complete by the start of next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I am drawing a blank, what all will be included in Phase 1
    The simple answer is:
    1. New athletic training complex
    2. South Endzone
    3. Soccer/Track facility

5. Default Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Looks like the south endzone will add 5904 seats and the piece in the north endzone will add 1109 seats; adding and additional 7013 for the 2014 season. This will make total seated capacity (not counting the grass) about 38,013. That's a pretty big jump for a quick project.
    ----Please from now on go with HUD Math----We have a 40 thousand seat stadium and we have a capacity of about 45K with the end zone grass and SRO!!!------OK everybody we have a 40K stadium!!!

6. UL Football Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

So drive the pilings now, when we go to the Big XII we will need to double deck the two end zones. ; - )

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I just hope they get started. I believe they will. But, first it was spring, then it was late summer, then we heard early fall. Now, post season.

I believe a new day has dawned, but makes me nervous. I'm thinking sometime in 2014 we get started.
    I am right there with you . it is always a concern when something gets "delayed" . but, in this case, it does make very good sense . could it be that we are doing things now that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Please from now on with HUD Math----We have a 40 thousand seat stadium and we have a capacity of about 45K with the end zone grass and SRO!!!------OK everybody we have a 40K stadium!!!
    Well, we have always had a stadium that can hold about 45k, so we have always been able to make that statement and back it up with a couple of 40k+ crowds. The point is that we will now have a stadium that is moving up the official capacity lists.

So drive the pilings now, when we go to the Big XII we will need to double deck the two end zones. ; - )
    Deck the south and wrap the west suites around to connect with the east suites like Oklahoma St. Perhaps my favorite stadium in terms of size and function. No bad seats and the suites are close to the action.

10. Default Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Well I love the new plans. There are several things that really need to happen regardless of seating capacity.

I: Improve the bathrooms, a whole lot.

II: Make sure the student side no longer collects water that flows into the bathrooms when it rains, really bad image.

III: Make sure the water does not pour into the stadium from rusted out, corroded concrete on second deck.
    As an individual who has spent a good bit of time on the student side, (Bachelors and Masters Degree from UL) I can tell you that the student side needs a lot of work. Very poor drainage, with water collecting in several areas. The bathroooms do flood as mentioned and need to be remodeled. Climate control would be nice as well, it feels like a sauna when you enter the bathrooms. Many of our guests from opposing schools are seated in this area and it sends the message that we are indeed a small time operation.

Placing a foundation now for a future deck is not necessary. As the upper deck would probably be supported by a foundation located outside of the rim of the "bowl". Besides, how would they know what capacity they would need and where to place it. Any future addition can be handled as it comes.

HelmutVII, there are 2 choices on parts of the stadium, what is the choice on the upper deck being replaced or kept? If replaced it says the stadium would seat some 6000+ more fans. Also, it was once said that if the upper deck was replaced the new one would actually be closer to the field which would increase fan noise closer to the field of play and better view for all upper deck fans. What is the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    HelmutVII, there are 2 choices on parts of the stadium, what is the choice on the upper deck being replaced or kept? If replaced it says the stadium would seat some 6000+ more fans. Also, it was once said that if the upper deck was replaced the new one would actually be closer to the field which would increase fan noise closer to the field of play and better view for all upper deck fans. What is the decision?
    I'm no helmut, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here are my two observations here:

1. They have installed new bench backs in the lower section of the upper deck, alongside the existing chair back sections; that leads me to believe they have decided on Option 1, keep the existing upper deck up to a certain grid line.

2. T-Joe, while meeting with certain groups showing our future expansion plans, has expressed expanding to 65k, that is the amount we would have if going with Option 2, replacing the upper deck totally.

I personally like Option 2, but either will be so nice!

What seems to be forgotten (or maybe not feasible now), the student side was constructed to receive an upper deck.

15. UL Football Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    What seems to be forgotten (or maybe not feasible now), the student side was constructed to receive an upper deck.
    Not forgotten at all where do you think the 65K is coming from? That is a long, long way down the road, or maybe not so long.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information