Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Default Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Saw cement trucks lining up at the north end one Tuesday or Wednesday.

Any idea Whussup?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Saw cement trucks lining up at the north end one Tuesday or Wednesday.

Any idea Whussup?
    Not sure but I have been waiting on some union reps to return my calls all week . I'm sure it's just coincidence.

3. Default Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

I passed by the North End zone yesterday, I imagine the concrete trucks were for a sidewalk from the press box side to the student side of Cajun Field. The forming for the sidewalk was still in place when I passed by.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I passed by the North End zone yesterday, I imagine the concrete trucks were for a sidewalk from the press box side to the student side of Cajun Field. The forming for the sidewalk was still in place when I passed by.
    I'm a little concerned on how the construction will happen in the south end zone. Obviously heavy equipment cannot be used on the field, and it looks like it could be difficult working around the tunnel and over the hill. I'm sure that the old score board will have to be removed also. It looks like the construction could be tricky. Helmet, you're the construction guy, what is the process in completing the south endzone???

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I'm a little concerned on how the construction will happen in the south end zone. Obviously heavy equipment cannot be used on the field, and it looks like it could be difficult working around the tunnel and over the hill. I'm sure that the old score board will have to be removed also. It looks like the construction could be tricky. Helmet, you're the construction guy, what is the process in completing the south endzone???
    Piece of cake if we don't get much rain during dirt work. Get a crane to handle materials and a concrete pumper truck to place the concrete. After that it's just the seats. If they would have started at the beginning of the year they would be finished by now.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Piece of cake if we don't get much rain during dirt work. Get a crane to handle materials and a concrete pumper truck to place the concrete. After that it's just the seats. If they would have started at the beginning of the year they would be finished by now.
    Really? It's that simple? Also, while I have your attention In the phase one information it called out for a small section to be added to the North Endzone, a little over 1,000 seats, to balance the stadium with the student side. Will that be taking place at the same time as the south end zone? It's in the plans, just haven't heard anything about it???

Seems logical to get that section in too. Brings in another 1200 bench back seats with decent sight lines to add to season ticket pool next season. Seats needed when new upper deck goes in the following year

Really? It's that simple? Also, while I have your attention In the phase one information it called out for a small section to be added to the North Endzone, a little over 1,000 seats, to balance the stadium with the student side. Will that be taking place at the same time as the south end zone? It's in the plans, just haven't heard anything about it???
    Pretty simple huh? It's not like you're running electrical/plumbing in there. I was told the NW addition will take place at the same time as the South endzone.

I have been told that small section on the north end of the stadium will indeed be included in the Phase 1 construction project.

I am drawing a blank, what all will be included in Phase 1

I just hope they get started. I believe they will. But, first it was spring, then it was late summer, then we heard early fall. Now, post season.

I believe a new day has dawned, but makes me nervous. I'm thinking sometime in 2014 we get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have been told that small section on the north end of the stadium will indeed be included in the Phase 1 construction project.
    Looks like the south endzone will add 5904 seats and the piece in the north endzone will add 1109 seats; adding and additional 7013 for the 2014 season. This will make total seated capacity (not counting the grass) about 38,013. That's a pretty big jump for a quick project.

13. UL Football Re: Scott Farmer on The Great Scott Show

Helmut ya think the pilings in the end zones have been there since 1972? If so that is a lot of expensive and time consuming work we won't have to worry about. I am supposing pilings are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Not sure but I have been waiting on some union reps to return my calls all week . I'm sure it's just coincidence.
    They looking for Hoffa!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I am drawing a blank, what all will be included in Phase 1

I just did a quick check and it looks like just phase one elevates Cajun Field in seating capacity ahead of: SMU, Wyoming, Colorado State, Duke, Washington State, So Miss, Boise State, and will be about equal with Vanderbilt. And that's just Phase I. You will be surprised with the schools that we will surpass with phase II

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information