Default Re: LOUISIANA Logo

Left! Clean and no yellow/flames.

2. Default Re: LOUISIANA Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Lol @ Boomer.

Left logo. It's not even close.
    Have you seen their new school logo??

The logo has a lot to do with the program/organization. I talked to several people (including those who work within the athletic offices) claim to not like the new sun belt logo and that it was a waste of the conference's money, was told close to $1 million dollars. I 'm not that fond of it myself, but at least they are trying. The SBC has a horrible perception in college football and even though they paid $1 Million, they also paid for a new attitude. The company they hired was also hired a few years ago by Louisville and to be honest, they have had the most success in the last 10-15 years as a whole athletic department (C-USA- Big East- ACC). I think that we need to look into hiring a professional marketing and branding firm. With their help, a new logo and attitude very well might help our name issue.

http://www.smebranding.com/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    Y'all are welcome for the one on the left
    Thanks

PS Please tell NolaCajun that your design predates the ULM redo.

There's actually one spot I really like the pepper- as the apostrophe on Ragin'. Only there, every time.

6. Default Re: LOUISIANA Logo

I know the flame doesn't represent real world design but what is hot right now is a move away from skeumorphism.

In practice this means logos are flatter, not trying to be to busy buzzy. The logo on the left is cleaner and less skeumorphic.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Didn't know ULM changed theirs.
    They FINALLY ran out of stuff with NLU on it.

8. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: LOUISIANA Logo

Which Logo do you prefer? Seems like the one without the yellow flames is much cleaner and nicer. Wish UL would consider making this change now that we are LOUISIANA.
    Well the one on the right sucks because of the yellow flames according to most. I like the left more for sure. Both would be more attractive with LOUISIANA being larger than Ragin'Cajuns IMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know the flame doesn't represent real world design but what is hot right now is a move away from skeumorphism.

In practice this means logos are flatter, not trying to be to busy buzzy. The logo on the left is cleaner and less skeumorphic.

I like it.
    Thank you for educating me. I had to look up "skeumorphism". I think some days I am smarter by reading this board.

I like the one on the left. It makes a larger statement. Looks good.

LEFT

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    They FINALLY ran out of stuff with NLU on it.
    Now that is what you call funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well the one on the right sucks because of the yellow flames according to most. I like the left more for sure. Both would be more attractive with LOUISIANA being larger than Ragin'Cajuns IMV.
    Agree. Someone created it and used it as their avatar. I just copied and pasted it because I like it. Looks a lot
    Like Alabama's. Could that person step forward and take credit for it and make the change to make Louisiana larger than Ragin Cajuns?

14. Default

Agree. Someone created it and used it as their avatar. . . . Could that person step forward and take credit for it and make the change to make Louisiana larger than Ragin Cajuns?
    Here you go.

dms4720 "Y'all are welcome for the one on the left"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I like it.
    The logo on the left is cleaner, but what the hell is "skeumorphic"?even Webster has no idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information