Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Louisiana in "Others Receiving Votes" in Top 25 Coaches Poll

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default No Louisiana in "Others Receiving Votes" in Top 25 Coaches Poll

...that would motivate me as a Ragin Cajun player!

2. Default Re: No Louisiana in "Others Receiving Votes" in Top 25 Coaches Poll

I bet duke is

Default Re: No Louisiana in "Others Receiving Votes" in Top 25 Coaches Poll

Yep have to have motivation, be hungry, out work any and everyone, and hold on to the rope!

Its not about where you start, its where you finish.
    We all know a couple years ago we were picked 120 out of 120.

I believe by the end of the year we will be ranked, which is most important

Wont be easy but a quick start 1-0 road win start will change that. 2-0 and the discussion will be about potential for UL cracking top 10 at some point in year.

I hope you are right. I just keep thinking that if... (and a big if) we run the table, we would never get higher than 12-15. The "Mid Major" moniker will always be present. But, increasing the number of wins this year would surely draw great attention. More if we win one or both of the first two.

11-1 with a SBC championship would go along way to improving our national appeal...and hopefully, some major conference attention!

IF we start off 3-0,we will crank the top 25. That's a big "if" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I hope you are right. I just keep thinking that if... (and a big if) we run the table, we would never get higher than 12-15. The "Mid Major" moniker will always be present. But, increasing the number of wins this year would surely draw great attention. More if we win one or both of the first two.

11-1 with a SBC championship would go along way to improving our national appeal...and hopefully, some major conference attention!
    I think if a Mac team gets ranked high enough to make BCS bowl with one loss, i think we would be top 15 for sure with no losses

It all depends what the league does...if Texas state, Georgia state and south al combine for 5 wins, we wont get ranked high...we will be top 25 but they won't put us high enough for BCS. Unfortunately NIU dropped the ball and got embarrassed by FSU. For as much complaining as the talking heads did about Boise state and their soft schedule, at least they took care of business when given the chance.

10. UL Football Re: No Louisiana in "Others Receiving Votes" in Top 25 Coaches Poll

Ya nailed it Crazy, unless GSU, TxSt, and USA pull off some good OC upsets we cannot get inside the top twenty, and is it number 16 you have to reach? Also there are others like Boise looking for that bowl. The odds are almost off the charts.

I think you have to finish at least 16th and be ranked higher than at least one BCS conference champion for the Cajuns to get a BCS at-large. 12th or higher and the Cajuns are automatically a BCS at-large. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I wouldn't expect any votes at this point. UL has to first get into the top 20 during the season to get any recognition for pre-season. This team can get there, but it must start out strong and continue through conference play. I really think the Cajuns have to beat Kansas State to break into the top 20, and not necessarily right after that game. It may take winning a few more games after that one, to start getting some votes.

Man you cajun fans are making me nervous with all this top 25 hype. It is good to have had 2 winning seasons and 2 bowl wins, but we have not even started practice yet, not the first kick off, no one has lit a pit yet, fellas! Lets enjoy the success and the season ahead one snap at a time, one crushing tackle, INT, pancake by our linemen, TD strike by Broadway, Harris run over of a LB or Carter juke for a first, Robinson goes up and gets one in the EZ, and everything else will fall into place. Oh yeah, baby, sweet will be the Smell of Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Man you cajun fans are making me nervous with all this top 25 hype. It is good to have had 2 winning seasons and 2 bowl wins, but we have not even started practice yet, not the first kick off, no one has lit a pit yet, fellas! Lets enjoy the success and the season ahead one snap at a time, one crushing tackle, INT, pancake by our linemen, TD strike by Broadway, Harris run over of a LB or Carter juke for a first, Robinson goes up and gets one in the EZ, and everything else will fall into place. Oh yeah, baby, sweet will be the Smell of Fall.
    Just natural, it's what comes with 2 years of having good teams with good coaching and good recruiting turning out good players. Expectations are high. What's great is this team with this coach and staff, can handle it. Geaux UL!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Our first and only goal this year is to win the conference championship. If we rack up 11 or 12 wins along the way, that's gravy....but until we start winning our own conference, we won't and shouldn't get much help from the media.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information