Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about the pepper.

Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No, do not mess with perfection. It should be Fideaux.
    Would whoever has the Fideaux red alligator avitar please post it? It is awesome and just what we need.

Texas Aggies

Nickname = Aggies, Mascot = Dog

Tennessee Volunteers

Nickname = Volunteers, Mascot = Dog

Louisiana Cajuns

Nickname = Cajuns, Mascot = Dog

The Official State Dog of Louisiana, the Catahoula.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Texas Aggies

Tennessee Volunteers

Louisiana Cajuns

I was about to suggest the Catahoula. It is a very smart and tough dog.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Oh no not the swing itself.the deal you hung it on. I have a swing my parents bought me and my wife for our old house in Mire that we never put up cause we knew we were about to move to Lafayette.
    Yea a gleamed that after a while. It is a strange configuration held together by some really big bolts. If your good at cutting and hauling large pieces of wood, digging, leveling, pouring concrete and drilling then I would attempt it. Probably better to call a carpenter. See my hanging a door post. DIYing it cost me 1,200 where if I would have just called a pro it would have cost me 800.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Texas Aggies

Tennessee Volunteers

Louisiana Cajuns

Catahoula dogs are great for traits but terrible for branding. Their DNA is mixed up to the point where they all look different and to the rest of the world often look like mutts.

Now having said that UL has a small history of picking up a mutt as a mascot. In 1943 they adopted a street mutt named Willoughby.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Oh no not the swing itself.the deal you hung it on. I have a swing my parents bought me and my wife for our old house in Mire that we never put up cause we knew we were about to move to Lafayette.
    Hawy, here's a stand along DIY arbor swing.

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how.ing/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Catahoula dogs are great for traits but terrible for branding. Their DNA is mixed up to the point where they all look different and to the rest of the world often look like mutts.

Now having said that UL has a small history of picking up a mutt as a mascot. In 1943 they adopted a street mutt named Willoughby.
    I use to own one and she was as smart as a whip. IMHO they are beautiful dogs and not scared of anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Catahoulas are great, but if we're going with an animal mascot, an alligator is the best option, in my opinion, because it ties into our campus with the live alligators in the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Catahoulas are great, but if we're going with an animal mascot, an alligator is the best option, in my opinion, because it ties into our campus with the live alligators in the swamp.
    I'm not opposed to the Gator. The whole it's Florida's thing doesn't wash with me. It seems there are like 20 Bulldog teams. The pepper from hell has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I was about to suggest the Catahoula. It is a very smart and tough dog.
    Just an FYI, Centenary College adopted the Catahoula as their live mascot in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by castsdan View Post
    Just an FYI, Centenary College adopted the Catahoula as their live mascot in 2007
    So, the State Dog is taken up by Centenary and the State Bird is taken up by Tulane. The Gator becomes the more obvious choice now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So, the State Dog is taken up by Centenary and the State Bird is taken up by Tulane. The Gator becomes the more obvious choice now.
    I just found the Gator avitar - Fideaux. This is what we need.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Yea a gleamed that after a while. It is a strange configuration held together by some really big bolts. If your good at cutting and hauling large pieces of wood, digging, leveling, pouring concrete and drilling then I would attempt it. Probably better to call a carpenter. See my hanging a door post. DIYing it cost me 1,200 where if I would have just called a pro it would have cost me 800.
    That sounds like the ammo I need to call a professional sir. You have helped me out more than you will ever know. #moretimetopostonraginpagin

i dont mind the pepper on a hat or something, with out the flames and keeping it to a small scale. whatever that thing running around the games is needs to get blown up. but as a rear collar accent or on a hat or something, the pepper (sans flames) i like.

15. Louisiana Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Yes they did, but so what? They are currently a NCAA Div III school. We can still have the hounds.

So if we want a unique mascot lets get that chameleon lizard DNA into our gators to get the color we want.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chame.w=1067&bih=716

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information