Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    You guys need to lighten up on the pepper and let it grow (sorry) on you. Seriously, one of the many things I love about UL is all of the uniqueness. Not every mascot has to be some fearsome critter. There are plenty of gators, bulldogs, and even tigers around. Only one Ragin' Cajuns and only one pepper. If there was a better manifestation of "Cajun" we would have gone with it already. Heck, we have talked about every other alternative under the sun. Give it a rest and just go with it.
    The pepper sucks, a marketing firm gave us bad advice and we took it. You can't tell if we are sponsored by chili's or love works. Ditch the pepper and go with FDL.

Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    With a power screw driver with the right fitting. Something that can grip over a bolt, it took me about 20 minutes to put together. Also I thought the price was right. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    What about the stand though? Can we do a DIY thread spinoff? Because I'd like to have one of those in my backyard also.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The pepper sucks, a marketing firm gave us bad advice and we took it. You can't tell if we are sponsored by chili's or love works. Ditch the pepper and go with FDL.
    Heard ya. Over and over and over again. I get it. You don't like the pepper. I respectfully disagree. But now that we are at this point, here is my question: Why is it a zero sum game? Why the Fleur OR the pepper? Why not both?

Why can't we all just get along?

Heard ya. Over and over and over again. I get it. You don't like the pepper. I respectfully disagree. But now that we are at this point, here is my question: Why is it a zero sum game? Why the Fleur OR the pepper? Why not both?

Why can't we all just get along?
    Then why is the university phasing the pepper out? If its so awesome?

No one said it was awesome. I said I like it. It needed to be said. There has been a lot of whimpering about the pepper (it doesn't look good, it isn't fierce enough, etc, etc.). Similar things can be said about the fleur. (i.e. who wants a flower on their helmet? blah, blah, blah) None of that is really the point. The point I was trying to make is only this:

We should embrace the things that make us unique. There is an ocean of similarity in college sports, but only one us. Celebrate what makes us different. The fleur does that. So does the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Then why is the university phasing the pepper out? If its so awesome?
    I've caught a few people over the years with a pepper hat that after talking to them had nothing to do with UL. They just liked the pepper look. Having said that I'm no fan of that pepper monster and the whole pepper thing reminds most people of a Chili's logo. I don't see why we can't use both.

7. Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

I've heard a lot of people say that the FDL looks like Saints Lite. And I understand where they are coming from, but we know the truth, that the FDL has always been part of the Cajuns, plus.

Do the following appear as the NFL version of ----Lite, i dont hink so, in fact I like it.

ECU vs TB Bucs
    Colorado State vs St Louis Rams
    Georgia vs Green Bay Packers
    Syracuse vs Cleveland Browns
    Former BG logo vs Atlanta Falcons

ETC, ETC

8. Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

.If there was a better manifestation of "Cajun" we would have gone with it already.
    Nostrildamus could have predicted the right move.

Combined there are 80+ school yearbooks and media guides with Alligator pictures and depictions.
    A real Swamp on campus.
    Generations of natural (State Reptile) births on campus. One currently in the news.
    1st football game ever played at UL was on the edge of the real swamp.
    The Swamp name as a current venue for parts of four decades.

Point is it can be right under your nose and some admins can't smell the coffee for the grind

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    What about the stand though? Can we do a DIY thread spinoff? Because I'd like to have one of those in my backyard also.
    The stand was built by the pros that built the deck. There are some huge bolt things keeping it all together. It doesn't seem like rocket science to do but you never know. I tried replacing an outside door. I thought how hard is it to hang a door? Well after destroying one four hundred dollar door I called the pros spent 400 on another door and 400 on the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'm guessing because you are eating the pepper. BTW, do something about those lavender colored peppers. Throw them out.
    Now that you mention it, they look kind of purple and gold. Damn LSU copying us again. Going to get some Roundup.

With a power screw driver with the right fitting. Something that can grip over a bolt, it took me about 20 minutes to put together. Also I thought the price was right. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Oh no not the swing itself.the deal you hung it on. I have a swing my parents bought me and my wife for our old house in Mire that we never put up cause we knew we were about to move to Lafayette.

We are going to have the same problem with the Fleur de Lis.
    New mascots?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Houston I totally agree. The pepper should never have been a mascot, only a symbol. The FDL is so much better.

I am relenting on the gator as mascot. It may look like we are copying Florida with it, and the Swamp, but I see no credible source where our Swamp was not the first. In addition we have had gators in "Cypress Swamp" for as long as I can recall

The name Fideaux is perfection. Screw the professionals on Madison Ave. the fans on RaginPagin have totally done it all for the school.
    Look at the Clemson Tigers in Death Valley and the LSU Tigers in Death Valley. Not a problem for either school. ONLY Florida and Louisiana would have the Alligator in The Swamp.

I like the Fideaux name. But, you could also tie it in with the Louisiana name and have 2 gators, a male "Louis" and a female "Ana".

You guys need to lighten up on the pepper and let it grow (sorry) on you. Seriously, one of the many things I love about UL is all of the uniqueness. Not every mascot has to be some fearsome critter. There are plenty of gators, bulldogs, and even tigers around. Only one Ragin' Cajuns and only one pepper. If there was a better manifestation of "Cajun" we would have gone with it already. Heck, we have talked about every other alternative under the sun. Give it a rest and just go with it.
    Other than Florida, what other school is the Gators?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Look at the Clemson Tigers in Death Valley and the LSU Tigers in Death Valley. Not a problem for either school. ONLY Florida and Louisiana would have the Alligator in The Swamp.

I like the Fideaux name. But, you could also tie it in with the Louisiana name and have 2 gators, a male "Louis" and a female "Ana".
    No, do not mess with perfection. It should be Fideaux.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information