Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about the pepper.

Default Say what you want about the pepper.

It's one of the few mascots you can grow. I've been working all summer turning my deck into a Ragin Cajun deck. No, the trees in the back don't mean I'm a Stanford fan!

Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Cannibal

Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Been looking to build a swing stand like that for my wife.how difficult was it? #keepinmindimanaccountant

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Been looking to build a swing stand like that for my wife.how difficult was it? #keepinmindimanaccountant
    With a power screw driver with the right fitting. Something that can grip over a bolt, it took me about 20 minutes to put together. Also I thought the price was right. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00.?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cannibal
    Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    It's one of the few mascots you can grow. I've been working all summer turning my deck into a Ragin Cajun deck. No, the trees in the back don't mean I'm a Stanford fan!
    We are branding ourselves as LOUISIANA and the Fleur de Lis. Don't see the pepper any more. That is a good thing. Now, we need to get rid of that rediculous costumed mascot.

Please explain?

I'm guessing because you are eating the pepper. BTW, do something about those lavender colored peppers. Throw them out.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We are branding ourselves as LOUISIANA and the Fleur de Lis. Don't see the pepper any more. That is a good thing. Now, we need to get rid of that rediculous costumed mascot.
    Dang it's hard to grow a Fleur de Lis.

We are going to have the same problem with the Fleur de Lis.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We are going to have the same problem with the Fleur de Lis.
    We can just keep the FDL as a symbol. It's not a mascot. The Ragin Cajuns is a moniker. Like Alabama has the Crimson Tide moniker and an elephant as their mascot. We need a mascot that will also translate into a costumed character. This has been discussed several times in the past. My personal favorite is the alligator. We have a swamp on campus anr out football stadium is The Swamp. A Louisiana alligator makes sense. One of our posters has a red alligator as an avatar that is the perfect mascot. I think it's name is Fideaux. We need to get creative with this. As we are branding athletics as LOUISIANA and use of the FDL, it is the perfect time to get the right mascot.

We can just keep the FDL as a symbol. It's not a mascot. The Ragin Cajuns is a moniker. Like Alabama has the Crimson Tide moniker and an elephant as their mascot. We need a mascot that will also translate into a costumed character. This has been discussed several times in the past. My personal favorite is the alligator. We have a swamp on campus anr out football stadium is The Swamp. A Louisiana alligator makes sense. One of our posters has a red alligator as an avatar that is the perfect mascot. I think it's name is Fideaux. We need to get creative with this. As we are branding athletics as LOUISIANA and use of the FDL, it is the perfect time to get the right mascot.
    I say we take one of the new baby alligators that are getting ready to hatch over at Cypress Lake, put it on a leash right when it hatches so we can get it all trained up from an early age, and then parade it around Cajun Field before every game!!!! LOL!!!!

13. Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Houston I totally agree. The pepper should never have been a mascot, only a symbol. The FDL is so much better.

I am relenting on the gator as mascot. It may look like we are copying Florida with it, and the Swamp, but I see no credible source where our Swamp was not the first. In addition we have had gators in "Cypress Swamp" for as long as I can recall

The name Fideaux is perfection. Screw the professionals on Madison Ave. the fans on RaginPagin have totally done it all for the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I say we take one of the new baby alligators that are getting ready to hatch over at Cypress Lake, put it on a leash right when it hatches so we can get it all trained up from an early age, and then parade it around Cajun Field before every game!!!! LOL!!!!
    Make sure the real alligator mascot stays in the back of the opponents end zone all game giving the opponents the stink eye.

You guys need to lighten up on the pepper and let it grow (sorry) on you. Seriously, one of the many things I love about UL is all of the uniqueness. Not every mascot has to be some fearsome critter. There are plenty of gators, bulldogs, and even tigers around. Only one Ragin' Cajuns and only one pepper. If there was a better manifestation of "Cajun" we would have gone with it already. Heck, we have talked about every other alternative under the sun. Give it a rest and just go with it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information