Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Say what you want about the pepper.

1. Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    Love this as a mascot instead of that pink foam thing. Just wondering, why "Fideaux"?
    Actually I prefer Zydeco or Loui for the Red instiGator roaming the sidelines and stands.

I was just saying who provided the BullGator Mascot graphics first, credit goes to CajunFan64 LINK he came up with Fideaux as well.

Later I took liberties with removing the tail (more sideline mobility) and turning him red.

Ps I like Louis and Ana for the live BullGator and Gator in "The Campus Swamp"

Default Re: Say what you want about the pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    you say get real creative yet you just robbed LSU and Florida and put it into one. The chomp, the habitat by the facility and the cage on wheels, haha. that was very.uhhcreative
    Guess what? Most schools do the same thing. USM has one for its Golden Eagle. You think Clemson is worried that everything they do is the same as LSU? Or that Memphis, Clemson and LSU all play Hold That Tiger? What else do you do with a Gator? Look, Cajun Man was a joke. The Pepper was worse. We are not going back to a Bulldog, which I believe was an English Bulldog at a French university, so what do you do? Did we copy LA Tech with the Bulldog? The State Bird and State Dog are taken or would you rather copy Centenary than Florida? These schools are successful for a reason. BTW, it has nothing to do with copying anybody. The Gator is part of our tradition. We could argue that Florida copied us with The Swamp. Didn't seem to bother them. LSU took Geaux from us. Didn't seem to bother them. They know how to market and turn something good into something special. Forget about other universities and do what works best for us. Besides, ONLY Florida and LOUISIANA would have the Gator as a mascot. How many schools have Bulldogs, Tigers, Cowboys, etc.?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information