Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

1. UL Football Re: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    We won't be moving from the Sun Belt to the Big 12. That's nothing more than a pipe dream. While membership in the new American Athletic Conference or the Mountain West Conference MIGHT be a realistic goal for us, a spot in CUSA is much more likely to happen. It's OK to dream, but being unrealistic about things isn't productive. Every ounce of our energy needs to be aimed at CUSA membership. That is the next step in our progression as a program.
    Man on the moon pipe dream, UL to two bowl games and wins in a row pipe dream, Dick Tracy wrist phone pipe dream, more computing power in my phone than USL had in a great big building in 1966 pipe dream. Brother we are in the pipeline era, so don't constantly be a downer always telling everyone here to check their dreams at the door.

Really I cannot remember when you posted anything that did not sound like daddy telling his little girl she can't play baseball it is for boys, be happy playing with Barbie and Ken.

Default Re: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

There is never anything wrong with having the longer term goal of joining the big 12CUSA and the AAC are our short term goals.

We've been selling ourselves short for a long time now. Don't buy into other schools telling us that we will always be small time. This area and university have all of the ingredients to be a Big 12 school. Hud knows it because he hasn't been brainwashed like all the rest of us for all of these years. There will be naysayers throughout this journey, but I will not be one of them. Our preparation over the next couple of years will clean up most of the mess from not upgrading enough, but the biggest correction will still be with the many "close minded" people in our own area.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    We've been selling ourselves short for a long time now. Don't buy into other schools telling us that we will always be small time. This area and university have all of the ingredients to be a Big 12 school. Hud knows it because he hasn't been brainwashed like all the rest of us for all of these years. There will be naysayers throughout this journey, but I will not be one of them. Our preparation over the next couple of years will clean up most of the mess from not upgrading enough, but the biggest correction will still be with the many "close minded" people in our own area.
    Absolutely fan-damn-tastic post.

5. Default Re: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

I am sure I don't have this word for word BUT---Some people see things the way they are and say WHY and others dream things that have never been and say WHY NOT????? Even though it was Bobby Kennedy I think that it fits the Cajuns---Just think of if you were S Miss, Tulane, or Tech trying this---I like the hand we have been dealt and now lets let the hand play out like we are capable of doing!!! I think HUD turned down the Monroe thing and even the Tulane thing because he could see the POTENTIAL that we have----Let's DO IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am sure I don't have this word for word BUT---Some people see things the way they are and say WHY and others dream things that have never been and say WHY NOT????? Even though it was Bobby Kennedy I think that it fits the Cajuns---Just think of if you were S Miss, Tulane, or Tech trying this---I like the hand we have been dealt and now lets let the hand play out like we are capable of doing!!! I think HUD turned down the Monroe thing and even the Tulane thing because he could see the POTENTIAL that we have----Let's DO IT!!!!

Boomer, let me tell you what will turn the tide.I've been working in the oilfield for over 30 years now. In the Lafayette area all of the salesmen in the oilfield (and there are thousands) hold LSU tickets for their customers because they are considered "something special" and these tickets can help them "get in the door" and "tie in" better with their customers. When the Ice Gators were selling out years ago, their tickets were used in the same way.
    This is an area that is virtually "untapped" for UL Football as tickets have always been easily available if wanted. This is starting to change a little as I saw a few New Orleans Bowl tickets being circulated last year.
    We should sell out our home games this year creating more of a demand for the local ticket. The biggest thing those of us in the oilfield can do is: when offered LSU tickets, simply say "no thank you on those, but do you have any UL tickets?"

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Boomer, let me tell you what will turn the tide.I've been working in the oilfield for over 30 years now. In the Lafayette area all of the salesmen in the oilfield (and there are thousands) hold LSU tickets for their customers because they are considered "something special" and these tickets can help them "get in the door" and "tie in" better with their customers. When the Ice Gators were selling out years ago, their tickets were used in the same way.
    This is an area that is virtually "untapped" for UL Football as tickets have always been easily available if wanted. This is starting to change a little as I saw a few New Orleans Bowl tickets being circulated last year.
    We should sell out our home games this year creating more of a demand for the local ticket. The biggest thing those of us in the oilfield can do is: when offered LSU tickets, simply say "no thank you on those, but do you have any UL tickets?"
    Any salesman that is foolish enough to make that offer to me is going to be in for an eye-opening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Any salesman that is foolish enough to make that offer to me is going to be in for an eye-opening experience.
    Come on Hammer . eye-closing experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Hammer, RedBug is right. They are constantly circulating LSU tickets. Not just to get in the door, but to shore up the business. I too saw N.O. Tickets procured by vendors although I couldn't cash in cause I had already bought mine. Their is money to be made from the industry here. It just took so long for the athletics dept to get their act together that most of these defected to LSU and have since become entrenched. I hope to increase my financial support to the school (athletic and academic) until tier 1 is here.

Now let not turn on each other. Dream as you wish.Big 12, CUSA, whatever.but one thing is money in the bank. The investments being made are NOT being done so to be shining star of the Sunbelt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information