Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    You need to re-read friend. The Sunbelt sucks balls. The Sunbelt is an awful place for us to be. Putrid. My main gripe as as well as others was that we sat on our asses and let lesser schools pass us by. We have made an effort nowOne HELL of an effort. Just think where we would be if "the fossil" wouldnt have been afraid of his shadow and would have had any foresight?
    With respect to my thoughts on "having an attitude". its all about those that dance and hold hands with the condescending Latex, Tulane, LSU and ULM dips.
    To borrow a quote from a very wise person, "Aint nobody got time fo' dat!!!"
    Let me be clear, THE SUNBELT is a suck ___ conference. That being said, IF YOU THINK FOLKS ARE PONYING UP 120 MIL BECAUSE THIS IS OUR ENDGAME, you need to have your head examined.
    We will bide our time, kick ___ on the field, build our facilities and watch all these condescending tools huddle in the corner and cry as we leave them in the dust.

Love ya like a biscuit,

Z
    We won't be moving from the Sun Belt to the Big 12. That's nothing more than a pipe dream. While membership in the new American Athletic Conference or the Mountain West Conference MIGHT be a realistic goal for us, a spot in CUSA is much more likely to happen. It's OK to dream, but being unrealistic about things isn't productive. Every ounce of our energy needs to be aimed at CUSA membership. That is the next step in our progression as a program.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    We won't be moving from the Sun Belt to the Big 12. That's nothing more than a pipe dream. While membership in the new American Athletic Conference or the Mountain West Conference MIGHT be a realistic goal for us, a spot in CUSA is much more likely to happen. It's OK to dream, but being unrealistic about things isn't productive. Every ounce of our energy needs to be aimed at CUSA membership. That is the next step in our progression as a program.
    I'll bet you that we are exploring any number of possibilities at this moment. None of these will happen overnight. We may very well end up in CUSA and I have NO problem with that, but do not think that this will be the pinnacle of UL athletics. Anyway, who said anything about moving from the Sunbelt to the Big12? Surely not me.

Z

Anyway, who said anything about moving from the Sunbelt to the Big12? Surely not me.

Z
    Guarantee we keep HUD if that happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    the big 12 posts actually outline the points that we need to be making in order to be in the big 12 they did it for us!!! They want UL invited! !!! Phluck CUSAGOAL IS BIG 12.
    I have been saying for a long time to many a friends, that with Coach Hud, Success in most of our programs, Investment in our Facilities, Increasing Season Ticket Sales, and continued Fan/Student support, Acadiana is LOADED WITH MONEY, IF this all continues to happen and in a timely manner, UL could be a viable University for the Big 12!

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Was this(and all of phase 1) put out for bid with the SEZ project?
    What is the SEZ project?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I have to disagree. This is the reverse of what we are. Everyone loves coming here because.we are so nice and inviting to all comers. It's in our genes. Start blasting F bombs at people and we become that place down south. I'd rather keep the mantra "Hold on to the rope." It has a great deal of symbolic meaning for not only our ancestors, but even for us today.
    True dat, cajunhawk! We must continue to be who we are as Acadiana is known for Great time, Great people, Great communities, Great workers who aren't scared to get down to business doing what it takes to build what we want and/or need for our GREAT CAJUN NATION!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    What is the SEZ project?
    South Endzone

I'll bet you that we are exploring any number of possibilities at this moment. None of these will happen overnight. We may very well end up in CUSA and I have NO problem with that, but do not think that this will be the pinnacle of UL athletics. Anyway, who said anything about moving from the Sunbelt to the Big12? Surely not me.

Z
    ACC is one of them being explored, from an inside source(UL)!

Quote Originally Posted by Guidry3 View Post
    South Endzone
    thanks

10. Default Re: Seaux, you know how we are always wondering how others view us??

The Big 12 makes so much sense---They lost 2 states that being Neb and Missou---They would gain 2 states back with UL and ARk St---Great geographical fit and 2 programs on the rise---Are ARK ST and UL Neb and Missou NO---buy it can be again 2 more states that closely bump existing teams in Okla, Kan TEX!!! I guess Tulsa and Houston are ahead of us now but that puts another in Okla and even more in TEX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The Big 12 makes so much sense---They lost 2 states that being Neb and Missou---They would gain 2 states back with UL and ARk St---Great geographical fit and 2 programs on the rise---Are ARK ST and UL Neb and Missou NO---buy it can be again 2 more states that closely bump existing teams in Okla, Kan TEX!!! I guess Tulsa and Houston are ahead of us now but that puts another in Okla and even more in TEX!!!!
    Big 12 makes a ton of money right now from only having 10 teams.eventually they will be pressured for a championship game. ACC Grant of Rights slowed that down a bit but sooner or later they will have to ____ or get off the pot.so to speak.

Awe Hammer, love some of those guys. I really do, but they aren't even on the Cajun radar anymore.
    Now Z, they are on the FanButts in CajunField Radar, as we should bring them(McNeese, Southern, Gramblin(maybe), etc to help with attendance, oh and LSU! haw haw he he ha

Totally agree Boomer, the Geographics are great, fans want to travel just not way the heck cross country. Arkansas St and Louisiana keep it compact, and different things to see, FOOD to eat, venues to watch the battles in! While building this $115 Million Athletic master plan, we Must continue to win, increase revenues(even though Belt Revnue is basically null and void), and increase butts in seats and travel butts too and maybe just maybe the Big 12 is not such a stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    ACC is one of them being explored, from an inside source(UL)!
    AAC not ACC.

We must do a few things before we get to a status that the Big 12 would be interested in.

1- Acquire S.R.E. B. 4 Yr. 1 status. We are currently 4 yr 2.

2- 35,000 per game

3- at least around a 30 million per year budget.Baylor is currently last in the Big 12 with a 48 million dollar budget but that includes the 18 mil per year that they receive from the Conference TV contract

4- RU/VH rating from Carnegie.

Consistent winning seasons for a few more years may achieve this. Meanwhile I am for trying to gain membership in the AAC with Houston, Tulane and others.and no, Tulane will not block us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information