Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forbes Best Colleges

1. Default Forbes Best Colleges

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/l.lter:Louisiana

Only 9 Louisiana Universities made the list of the top 700 colleges in America. UL comes in at #534. Of the 9, only 5 are public universities, UL comes in at #3 behind LSU and Tech, but ahead of SLU and UNO.

It is nice to be on this list and obviously we would like to be higher up on it. But next time someone from ULM or NwSt or McNeese, Nichols, etc etc etc talks about us and where we stand, only Tech, UL, SLU and UNO can say that they are on the list of America's top Colleges.

The private universities on this list are Tulane, Loyola, Centanary and Dillard.

Default College Rankings from Forbes - Louisiana colleges rank low

From the morning advocate . see link below:

http://theadvocate.com/home/6597872-.ag-in-rankings

I fear that these ranking systems are of little value to most universities, and instead are used as marketing tools to raise more money in the hope that their ranking will improve.

Default Re: College Rankings from Forbes - Louisiana colleges rank low

exactly.

4. Default Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Hmph! According to 4bz UL does not have the lowest tuition in the State.

Default Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Forbes also had to kick off 4 schools from the list for not being truthful when it came to their numbers trying to make the colleges look better than they really are

6. Default Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Sounds like the Tulane MBA program --Now that was really some non veritas!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/l.lter:Louisiana

Only 9 Louisiana Universities made the list of the top 700 colleges in America. UL comes in at #534. Of the 9, only 5 are public universities, UL comes in at #3 behind LSU and Tech, but ahead of SLU and UNO.

It is nice to be on this list and obviously we would like to be higher up on it. But next time someone from ULM or NwSt or McNeese, Nichols, etc etc etc talks about us and where we stand, only Tech, UL, SLU and UNO can say that they are on the list of America's top Colleges.

The private universities on this list are Tulane, Loyola, Centanary and Dillard.
    Can someone explain to me How lolly Poly is ahead of us?

I am confused on this.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Can someone explain to me How lolly Poly is ahead of us?

I am confused on this.
    LoL man, do some research

Tech is consistently ahead of us in every ranking that comes out. Not sure why it's surprising to anyone. They have good engineering programs and their grads leave and go into good jobs.

Also, they have a better graduation rate than we do. They've done a very good job managing their university on the athletics and academics sides.

Support Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LoL man, do some research
    Actually, there is a list that I know of where UL exceeds LaTech and that is in fact "RESEARCH" dollars. And by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Tech is consistently ahead of us in every ranking that comes out. Not sure why it's surprising to anyone. They have good engineering programs and their grads leave and go into good jobs.

Also, they have a better graduation rate than we do. They've done a very good job managing their university on the athletics and academics sides.
    Keep in mind Tech got several years head start on us in selective admissions due to the requirement that a community college had to be in place before yu could go to selective admissions. As I recall the SLCC was help up due to political squabbling in Lafayette between competing government boards over who would control the SLCC while the one is SHreveport - Bossier opened without those problems.

12. Default Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post

They are even cheaper than UL according to Forbes.

KeeYaw they can report no wrong.

One of the things universities have started doing in addition to raising tuition is to start charging "fees" which can become significant.

I am not sure if Forbes is using a "total cost" of attending (tuition + fees + other) in their calculations.

14. Default Re: Forbes Best Colleges

Hammer hit a big nail right on the head---we have just really started selective admission--again I complement them as they have done more than us with really less----but now it is a new game "Brand New" I am pretty sure that our endowment money is twice as much---research not even close---projected enrollment keeps getting wider---- Anticipated PHD programs will outnumber theirs-----Also keep in mind that there are some really weird peripheral points that are factored in such as alumni contributions----I will take our $165 million endowment and our budget that will keep getting an increase with the state formula--- Geaux Cajuns!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Trust me, there is not a single thing we want that Tech has, including National Recognition in Academics as ours is certainly on par. Kindergardens over kids, onto the next summer doldroms, find things wrong with our university whine festival.

Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information