Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Campus 1976 - 77

Default Re: Cajun Field 1976

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I had always heard that it was donated to the University by NASA via an USL graduate working there. Not true?
    I think that NASA donated an accelerator ("atom smasher").

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    The Cajundome under construction.
    Sitting in my back yard watching them remove that "Key Stone Circle" supports after they had all the roof steel rafters connected to the circle. They remove each one like tighten a lug on a tire. 12-6, 9-3 etc. Ready with my camera if it decided to come down. Remember driving to Alabama, you could see some of the trucks delivering parts of the structure. I guess most if not all was built at an Alabama plant.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    Lived on St. Camile (608) while in graduate school.
    Hell, that's right across the street from me. What year? I remember most who lived at that address. Renters for the pass 40+ years. The Luke's were the last owners. Sold it and moved to Lake Charles. Took me several years before I forgave them for that misdeed, but I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Hell, that's right across the street from me. What year? I remember most who lived at that address. Renters for the pass 40+ years. The Luke's were the last owners. Sold it and moved to Lake Charles. Took me several years before I forgave them for that misdeed, but I did.
    1984-86. Also watched the Cajundome being built. Used to walk through it in evenings once the workers had left. Rented the house from Mrs Rozas. Would visit often with Mr Conrad across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    1984-86. Also watched the Cajundome being built. Used to walk through it in evenings once the workers had left. Rented the house from Mrs Rozas. Would visit often with Mr Conrad across the street.
    Mr. Conrad, my nest door neighbor. miss that old man. When I bought there he helped me build my workshop. Would not let me make a mistake. Watched Mike take his to boy behind the house showing them all about baseball at two years old. I think they went to bed with their gloves on. Looking down the street I am the only one left to say I still live their. Seen a lot of them pass away. When I moved there was 41 children living on St. Camille. Played tag foot ball every night in the street. Needless to say, I seen a lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information