Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We don't have to win out
    Sure would be easier than losing and then having to hope that team loses twice.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    All kidding aside I think you would have a decent contingent of actual a Toolame butts in the seats. I think a lot of them would be very old timers wanting to enjoy the one time experience. For instance, my brother-in-law played at toolame in the late '60s. He has not attended a fame in years other than a rare "reunion" game. But I think he would go to the Bowl game since it us in New Orleans. I think there are many other old New Orleaneans (the last of the dying breed from the days before it became an East Coast school) who would go out of nostalgia.
    I think they'll show up in the best numbers they can amass. They will not like UL taking our fans into the home town dome and so completely dominating them. I believe they'd launch a monstrous "back us New Orleans" thing. and get a good number of New Orleanians to attend, wear green, and support them. If they were smart, that's what they'd do in the dawn of their new stadium plans.

I think it would be a great NO Bowl. It would even inspire more UL people to show up. knowing we'd smack down another instate school in a raucous New Orleans weekend party extravaganza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sure would be easier than losing and then having to hope that team loses twice.
    That is your opinion, we don't have to win out.and in my opinion I don't think we will have to win the championship to be in New Orleans bowl.

I thought the NO Bowl had to take the Sun Belt Champion this year? Or is that one of those things the bowl committee and conference approach as technically yes but is open for discussion when we get there?

I think it's still technically in place but I think the rule was originally brought up before we had 3 bowl tie ins. Hopefully we are the champion but if we aren't, I would imagine as long as the champion is taken care of then the New Orleans bowl can take whoever. Bowls are about money. They will do what is best for them financially.

I bet Tulane fans would love an invitation to the New Orleans Bowl. It would give them a chance for a new adventure and a visit to a venue that most of them have never been to before, that being the "Mercedes Benz Superdome"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That is your opinion, we don't have to win out.and in my opinion I don't think we will have to win the championship to be in New Orleans bowl.
    My opinion that the road to a conference championship would be easier if we win out? No, I believe that is a fact. If we win out, we don't have to worry about what another team does.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet Tulane fans would love an invitation to the New Orleans Bowl. It would give them a chance for a new adventure and a visit to a venue that most of them have never been to before, that being the "Mercedes Benz Superdome"!!!!
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    Funny stuff. T-Dug, bringing the heat!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    My opinion that the road to a conference championship would be easier if we win out? No, I believe that is a fact. If we win out, we don't have to worry about what another team does.
    It's not easy to win out, would it be better? Yes, easier, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Hope they know how to use MapQuest . oh, wait, they'll just use their gps's!

12. Default Re: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

I forgot how Phil Steel had nailed it in July.

13. UL Football Re: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Who knew C USA was so weak?

Default Re: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Who knew C USA was so weak?
    Apparently.Phil Steele

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information