Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

1. Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    LOL! I don't see Tulane in any bowl in 2013.
    I don't think that Steele understands that you need to win 6 games to go to a bowl? I doubt that they can do that, but maybe they have gotten better?

Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCajun View Post
    I don't think that Steele understands that you need to win 6 games to go to a bowl? I doubt that they can do that, but maybe they have gotten better?
    Coach Johnson has proven to be a good recruiter, but he has not had enough time to sign more of the type of athletes he wants into his program. When I look at their Schedule for 2013 I don't see more then 4 or 5 wins with a very young group of athletes.

Jackson State - Home
    South Alabama - Home
    Louisiana Tech- Away
    Syracuse- Away
    ULM- Away
    UNT - Home
    ECU- Home
    Tulsa- Home
    FAU- Away
    UTSA- Away
    UTEP- Home
    Rice- Away

I see five wins at best if you think they will be good enough to beat UNT and FAU.

Coach Johnson has proven to be a good recruiter, but he has not had enough time to sign more of the type of athletes he wants into his program. When I look at their Schedule for 2013 I don't see more then 4 or 5 wins with a very young group of athletes.

Jackson State - Home
    South Alabama - Home
    Louisiana Tech- Away
    Syracuse- Away
    ULM- Away
    UNT - Home
    ECU- Home
    Tulsa- Home
    FAU- Away
    UTSA- Away
    UTEP- Home
    Rice- Away

I see five wins at best if you think they will be good enough to beat UNT and FAU.
    JSU is only OOC win. Monroe will score 70. CUSA has plenty of cupcakes. If they get six.it will be here

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Teams lose money going to bowl games when they have to travel distances to get there, unless you are a big time program with a huge budget. I know I would get tired of going to the same bowl each year, but bussing to NO is a lot cheaper than flying. I just don't think we have the budget to travel to other bowls, while trying to figure out how to pay for the master plan phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Teams lose money going to bowl games when they have to travel distances to get there, unless you are a big time program with a huge budget. I know I would get tired of going to the same bowl each year, but bussing to NO is a lot cheaper than flying. I just don't think we have the budget to travel to other bowls, while trying to figure out how to pay for the master plan phases.
    Good point. We make money in New Orleans. Not sure if we would do that in other cities.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I'm about 40 minutes from the Superdome so the NOLA Bowl is awesome for me. If we get a chance at a better bowl I think we should take it.
    I contend the reason you find it both great and mundane are/is one in the same.

Jackson State - Home
    South Alabama - Home
    Louisiana Tech- Away
    Syracuse- Away
    ULM- Away
    UNT - Home
    ECU- Home
    Tulsa- Home
    FAU- Away
    UTSA- Away
    UTEP- Home
    Rice- Away

Wow, the "Green Wave" against the "Mean Green" . go ahead and color me green with envy!

I am willing to bet that one of the bowl games in Dallas or Houston, if they were to offer, would probably top the list with NOLA following. NOLA has been great the past few years, but making everyone think that you are a home-body by continuously going to NOLA when there are other viable options out there is very narrow-minded in my opinion however little that may be worth. Going to a bowl in a place like Houston or Dallas would not only build good will with all the available bowls, showing we are willing to leave our "comfort zone", but these are also places with relatively high numbers of Cajun alumni. Travel is equally easy as you can fly into one of the major airports, just like NOLA, and the payout is on par or better than that of NOLA even if the attendance is slightly lower than what we have been bringing to the NOLA Bowl. Like I said, just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

9. Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Wow, the "Green Wave" against the "Mean Green" . go ahead and color me green with envy!
    I think you guys don't realize the players that the WAVE has brought in the last 2 years---Athletes that are better than ours in the secondary all Freshmen that played last year---They hurt at Def line and LBers but have some really good players there with no depth---on offense they have really good RBs and maybe a hell of a JUCO and Frosh QB---Probably no depth in OL---don't know about the punter but the best place kicker in college history maybe!!! They will beat JSU, S Bama, N Tex, FAU, UTSA, UTEP and maybe RICE!!! Tulane lost to Rice by 2 points and ECU by 5 points last year----always respect your foes guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan89 View Post
    I am willing to bet that one of the bowl games in Dallas or Houston, if they were to offer, would probably top the list with NOLA following. NOLA has been great the past few years, but making everyone think that you are a home-body by continuously going to NOLA when there are other viable options out there is very narrow-minded in my opinion however little that may be worth. Going to a bowl in a place like Houston or Dallas would not only build good will with all the available bowls, showing we are willing to leave our "comfort zone", but these are also places with relatively high numbers of Cajun alumni. Travel is equally easy as you can fly into one of the major airports, just like NOLA, and the payout is on par or better than that of NOLA even if the attendance is slightly lower than what we have been bringing to the NOLA Bowl. Like I said, just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.
    Well, in my opinion, your opinion is a good one. I agree that nola has been wonderful to us, but going to the same bowl every year doesn't really take our program higher. Playing in different markets and bringing lots of Cajun fans is how we're going to change perception and make us more attractive to other conferences.

Lets actually get invited to another bowl first. Last year we were in talks with the independence but Nola bowl gave us a better deal financially. All these "better" rated bowls have conference tie ins. I don't see why people think we can "just go" to the Texas bowl.it is a big12. Big10 tie in until 2014. Unless its bcs or a conference falls short on their tie ins we are in a bowl with a sunbelt tie in. In that case, Nola will always be the best for us.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Crazy, did I even slightly suggest that there was?

C'mon, braaaah! I love NO!
    Braaah. the next trip to NO. I'm arranging a photo shoot of you and Hammer sitting out on Canal Blvd. toking on some stogies. sipping select libations. you with your sax axe. and Hammer guarding the street donations being dropped into your velvet lined sax case. complete with a sign that says, "Give this man your money or he will show you his hip surgery scars!". And then. as a show closer. I do a strip tease to you playing Careless Whisper on your sexophone. stripping down to my "Geaux Cajuns!" thong. while touristy onlookers scurry for front row position. slightly worried. devilishly intrigued. whether this grand specimen of over-aged delight. will pull the final string. and unrestrain. the crooked monkey.

. just another day in the Big Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HUD would accept the NO bowl without hesitation as its been very good to us, but I believe HUD has his boys aiming a bit higher this year.
    Well in order for us to even be invited this year, we have to win the conference championship. Which is something we haven't accomplished under Hud yet. So, in theory, making to the NO bowl would mean we did aim higher this year.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Well in order for us to even be invited this year, we have to win the conference championship. Which is something we haven't accomplished under Hud yet. So, in theory, making to the NO bowl would mean we did aim higher this year.
    I don't know if it ever happened but Benson said something about that changing. I think the conference was discussing that as long as the champion has a bowl spot somewhere, the Nola bowl can take who they want.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Unless its bcs or a conference falls short on their tie ins we are in a bowl with a sunbelt tie in. In that case, Nola will always be the best for us.
    Agree 100 % with this statement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information