Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: July 2013: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Need to run the string to around 20 straight before that kind of talk surfaces.
    I agree. That venue is gold for UL in every possible way. It's enough for me that we match up with a variety of other programs. to keep it "fresh". But, I wouldn't mind heading to the NO Bowl/Superdome over and over and over. Just considering how the NFL rated NO as a Super Bowl host city. it is arguably the best in the country.

As for Tulane. has Steele lost his mind? First, they are struggling. Second, they will not accept a matchup with the Cajuns in NO (or any bowl). They will get stomped, and they know it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

HUD would accept the NO bowl without hesitation as its been very good to us, but I believe HUD has his boys aiming a bit higher this year.

Aiming higher is great but there isn't one negative about going to the New Orleans bowl

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I agree. That venue is gold for UL in every possible way. It's enough for me that we match up with a variety of other programs. to keep it "fresh". But, I wouldn't mind heading to the NO Bowl/Superdome over and over and over. Just considering how the NFL rated NO as a Super Bowl host city. it is arguably the best in the country.
    As for Tulane. has Steele lost his mind? First, they are struggling. Second, they will not accept a matchup with the Cajuns in NO (or any bowl). They will get stomped, and they know it.
    Yeah, Tulane doesn't want any if this.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Aiming higher is great but there isn't one negative about going to the New Orleans bowl
    Crazy, did I even slightly suggest that there was?

C'mon, braaaah! I love NO!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I wouldn't want to pull a Tech. I just would like to see us in a better rated bowl. Isn't nice we can realistically talk about this? Three years ago it seemed we were going no place fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I wouldn't want to pull a Tech. I just would like to see us in a better rated bowl. Isn't nice we can realistically talk about this? Three years ago it seemed we were going no place fast.
    90, the Cajuns are making this a higher rated bowl. I promise this bowl game is held in much higher esteem now than it was 2 years ago, and that's because of UL. I garontee!

Wanting to see us in a higher rated bowl is great but saying you aren't sure if going to Nola 3 years in a row is good for the university is another

All I'm saying is if we have a dream season, I would like us to be in a better bowl. I'm about 40 minutes from the Superdome so the NOLA Bowl is awesome for me. If we get a chance at a better bowl I think we should take it.

10. Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Well not really knowing the rules----I think that we can invite recruits to watch practice and don't know about tickets to the game ----- but man it has got to help South La, Miss, and Ala recruiting!!!

The New Orleans Bowl has been fun but I'd rather us go someplace else.
    Don't care where we geaux.I am there

12. Default Re: Phil Steele has UL playing Tulane in New Orleans Bowl

Hey BB---Any idea of the Texans that made it to the NO last year---just thinking about the folks that you know and might have seen!!!!! I know Luke had a nice lil trip easy in and out flight Houst-NO-Houst!!!! If Joan could have come I am sure it would have been a longer stay!!!

What if the Texas Bowl and NOLA Bowl both made us an offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hey BB---Any idea of the Texans that made it to the NO last year---just thinking about the folks that you know and might have seen!!!!! I know Luke had a nice lil trip easy in and out flight Houst-NO-Houst!!!! If Joan could have come I am sure it would have been a longer stay!!!
    Well I knew about 20-30 Texans that were there, so by extrapolating that out, I can confidently say there were roughly 10,000 Texans there.

N.O. Bowl is and has been great for the Cajuns. I'm hoping UL is ranked by the end of the season, and there are several other Bowl options available. I want to see Coach Hud and this team take on one of the big boys, and bring home a victory, causing all kinds of ruckus in the football world.

Geaux Cajuns!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information