Thread: softball schedule

1. UL Softball softball schedule

Does anyone know when the softball schedule will be posted? I'm dying to know who our first victims will be.hope it's not McSuck, they don't need that kind of embarrassment! Also, does anyone know if we're redshirting Donna Bourgeois?.3 awesome pitchers is unheard of. I think we should save her.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: softball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    _ Does anyone know when the softball schedule will be posted? I'm dying to know who our first victims will be.hope it's not McSuck, they don't need that kind of embarrassment! Also, does anyone know if we're redshirting Donna Bourgeois?.3 awesome pitchers is unheard of. I think we should save her. _
    Save her? No way she swings a nasty bat. Brignac still needs at least one run a game to win.

UL Softball Re: softball schedule

angellebertrand:

I have been searching for the softball schedule at about this time EVERY year since the Lotiefs took over. It has never come out until January. I hate to disappoint you, but if precedence follows, we won't know until 2008.

Fall Softball practice begins a few days after school starts. School starts Monday. These will be individual practices. Team practices won't begin until later. I am sure there will be some team scrimmages, but who knows when.

There will be a Fall Tournament in Spring, Texas on October 13-14 if you want to see them there. It is my understanding that everybody plays in this Tournament, even red shirts. It is like a big practice scrimmage to see how everyone does in competition. I am not sure that the score is even kept.

There will be a Softball Fundraising Banquet in November. I don't know the date, but look for it. There will be a guest speaker and our recent All Americans will also be there.

We usually host at least two tournaments in early February, but I don't know the dates or who is going to play. I got the following from other athletic sites:

Tournaments:

NFCA Lead Off Tournament in Columbus, GA on Feb.29-March 2

Aggie Classic at Texas A&M on March 6-9

Judy Garman Classic in Fullerton, CA on March 19-23

I know, I can't wait for it to get cooler and team practice to start. NCAA only allows a certain number of days for Fall team practice, like maybe 15. So, .?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: softball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Save her? No way she swings a nasty bat. Brignac still needs at least one run a game to win. _
    I was up in north Louisiana a couple of weekends ago and ran into one of the dads of one of our players (I won't mention her name since I'm not sure if he would mind). He was wearing a Ragin Cajuns hat and we were among nothing but Tech people. He is from N LA but lives in Alexandria. We got to talking about UL softball and he told me (and man I hate to raise expectations. but what the heck) that we should take it all with what we'll have next year. He naturally raved about Ashley Brignac (he has been on the road with her), but he told me that Cuevas is actually just as good. "She will prove it this coming year".

He also told me due to the excitement in the college softball world, 3 super transfers are coming in. He said that they are major league hitters. They want to smack em behind our awesome pitching. I know regardless of transfers and new people coming in, we are already stocked with great players. I just love the competition and focus on our program. He follows softball all over the place, and he is out of his mind excited about this coming season and those to follow.

Sorry about all the pressure Stefni and Michael (like you don't already shoulder it). but this is setting up to be very, very exciting.

I am ready to renew my tickets and possibly upgrade! I can not wait until fall practice as I am so ready to watch these great ladies play some softball!!!

Does anyone know how much the Lady Cajun Golf Tourney raised???

I LOVE this University,
    and LOVE watching the Athletic Program GREAUX!!!
    DaddyCajun

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Just 1 more, u have been pm'd

Z

Softball is really HOT in the news these days. Great that we are getting this recognition, thanks to Ashley Brignac.

Joy Weber, a recent UL softball grad has been added to the softball team as an assistant coach. She replaces Lacy Prejean who will be studying for a Masters Degree at her alma mater, Alabama. Please see the following: http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.ATCLID=1152650

Joy was the glue that held the team together during the Brook Mitchell years. She will be great!

Also in a previous message, it was stated that we will have three high powered hitters joining the team. Their BA's are: .410 (Fallon Fisher, a Sulphur High School, LSU freshman, and a member of the Okaloose Walton Junior College in Niceville, FL.), .280 and .370. The other two are not published, so I will not reveal their names. Except for Fallon Fisher, the players on our team have batting averages that are better than that. I can foresee that there will be some definite personality problems in getting along on the 2008 team. Joy Weber will really be pressed into service, so to speak. We might also need to employ a sports psychologist.

As for Brittany Cuevas, she was a high school All American (first team) in 2006. She will develop into one of the best in the USA. Remember, she is only a sophomore. She earned Sun Belt Commissioners List honors. Her major is Mechanical Engineering. I understand that she was taking Calculus II in the Spring. Commissioners List awardees must have a 3.5 or better GPA to be on the list.

The Golf Tournament at LeTriomphe in July earned a lot of money for the softball team, over $30K, I am told. That should take care of about 2 out of state trips as there will be about 25 on the roster this year.

Go get um Cajuns!

UL Tennis Re: softball schedule

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _

Softball is really HOT in the news these days. Great that we are getting this recognition, thanks to Ashley Brignac.

Joy Weber, a recent UL softball grad has been added to the softball team as an assistant coach. She replaces Lacy Prejean who will be studying for a Masters Degree at her alma mater, Alabama. Please see the following: http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.ATCLID=1152650
    Jevious message, it was stated that we will have three high powere
    As for Brittany Cuevas, she was a high school All American (first team) in 2006. She will develop into one of the best in the USA. Remember, she is only a sophomore. She earned Sun Belt Commissioners List honors. Her major is Mechanical Engineering. I understand that she was taking Calculus II in the Spring. Commissioners List awardees must have a 3.5 or better GPA to be on the list.

The Golf Tournament at LeTriomphe in July earned a lot of money for the softball team, over $30K, I am told. That should take care of about 2 out of state trips as there will be about 25 on the roster this year.

Go get um Cajuns! _
    Brittany Cuevas is very solid. She pitched too many innings and she was injured to boot if my memory serves me right. Still with a little help in run production her numbers would have been great. I think we are in a great zone, and I would not worry about personalities. The players that produce will play. Last years averages are just that last year.

_

Joy was the glue that held the team together during the Brook Mitchell years. She will be great!

Also in a previous message, it was stated that we will have three high powered hitters joining the team. Their BA's are: .410 (Fallon Fisher, a Sulphur High School, LSU freshman, and a member of the Okaloose Walton Junior College in Niceville, FL.), .280 and .370. The other two are not published, so I will not reveal their names. Except for Fallon Fisher, the players on our team have batting averages that are better than that. I can foresee that there will be some definite personality problems in getting along on the 2008 team. Joy Weber will really be pressed into service, so to speak. We might also need to employ a sports psychologist.

Go get um Cajuns! _
    I can assure you that the Lotiefs will not have any problems with the team chemistry. Also, I fully expect the other two transfers to have more of an impact on the field then Fallon this year.

oh my, Oh my Working with girls is so different than working with boys! If a coach constantly corrects a girl, she thinks the coach is picking on her. If a coach constantly corrects a boy, he thinks the coach is trying to help him get better. Yes, there will be personality problems. There was a team chemistry problem on the 2007 team and it didn't get worked out.

Having to keep 20-25 girls happy and well adjusted to the composite of the team is a monumental job. It is probably the hardest part of coaching.

_ oh my, Oh my Working with girls is so different than working with boys! If a coach constantly corrects a girl, she thinks the coach is picking on her. If a coach constantly corrects a boy, he thinks the coach is trying to help him get better. Yes, there will be personality problems. There was a team chemistry problem on the 2007 team and it didn't get worked out.

Having to keep 20-25 girls happy and well adjusted to the composite of the team is a monumental job. It is probably the hardest part of coaching. _
    Someone asked the same question and was told,"If I allow one athlete to disrupt my team, then I'm not doing my job." I promise you the legend of a chemistry problem on the 2007 team has been greatly exaggerated. One athlete is no longer here, playing time was the reason. It was a personal decision, no one was told to leave.

Thread Information