Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lady Cajuns Soccer 2013

1. Default Re: Nicholls State Defeats UL with Last Second Soccer Goal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nicholls finished last in the SLC in 2012. When they hit SLC play this year, they will drop like a rock as in previous years. Which further supports my point.

http://www.southland.org/portals/0/c.2/confsked.htm
    So how does a nine year stable program lose to them?

And what did they do to get off to such a hot start this year after such a poor showing last?

Default Re: Nicholls State Defeats UL with Last Second Soccer Goal

First part, look at our non conference games. Other than Ole Miss, we played Jacksonville State, SLU, Southern, Northwestern (La.), Tech and Nicholls. SLU is the best of bunch based on last year. Our program has celebrated making the conference tournament in the past. Besides, I can't agree the program has been stable as in terms of improvement. In a good year, we still have a lower tier SBC program.

Nicholls winning this year.simple. Nicholls has played Southern, USA, ULM, Prairie View, Mississippi Valley and Cajuns. They have played nobody in terms of strong teams (yes, that includes us). As weak as UL's schedule is, this is worse.

This is a non revenue sport in the truest sense of the phrase. Soccer and volleyball are the two hardest sports to commit to in college. Long bus rides out of state for road games on weekends while your friends are back home possibly tailgating and partying at the football game. It takes true commitment to play these two sports. Throw in the fact that if an instate player qualifies for TOPS, that is where the scholarship is paid, killing that incentive.

Coaches have a hard job when it comes to obtaining players, simple as that. I admire them for keeping the boat afloat.

3. Default Re: Nicholls State Defeats UL with Last Second Soccer Goal

Commitment from players and family.I married a former soccer player and remember missing the first half of a lot of Saints' games!

4. Default Re: Nicholls State Defeats UL with Last Second Soccer Goal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    First part, look at our non conference games. Other than Ole Miss, we played Jacksonville State, SLU, Southern, Northwestern (La.), Tech and Nicholls. SLU is the best of bunch based on last year. Our program has celebrated making the conference tournament in the past. Besides, I can't agree the program has been stable as in terms of improvement. In a good year, we still have a lower tier SBC program.

Nicholls winning this year.simple. Nicholls has played Southern, USA, ULM, Prairie View, Mississippi Valley and Cajuns. They have played nobody in terms of strong teams (yes, that includes us). As weak as UL's schedule is, this is worse.

This is a non revenue sport in the truest sense of the phrase. Soccer and volleyball are the two hardest sports to commit to in college. Long bus rides out of state for road games on weekends while your friends are back home possibly tailgating and partying at the football game. It takes true commitment to play these two sports. Throw in the fact that if an instate player qualifies for TOPS, that is where the scholarship is paid, killing that incentive.

Coaches have a hard job when it comes to obtaining players, simple as that. I admire them for keeping the boat afloat.
    Interesting and depressing at the same time.

So schedule wise, common opponent Southern;
    UL tied 1-1
    Nicholls smashed them 8-1

Can I read anything into that? . . . other than getting beat by them last night probably should not have come as a surprise even if I had looked at their record last year?

Default Re: Nicholls State Defeats UL with Last Second Soccer Goal

We should hire Nicholls' coach, they're doing pretty well with what is probably less

6. Ragin' Cajuns UL Takes on Prairie View and MVSU over the Weekend

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns will finish up a surprise eight-game homestand with matches against Prairie View A&M and Mississippi Valley State on Friday and Sunday at the Cajuns Soccer Complex.

Default Re: UL Takes on Prairie View and MVSU over the Weekend

Well let's hope they can beat one of these teams.

Default Re: UL Takes on Prairie View and MVSU over the Weekend

Hopefully, we have more money and a better pipeline than them.

9. UL Soccer Schmidt Nets School-Record Four Goals in Win over Prairie View

Freshman forward Annika Schmidt scored one goal in the first half and added a second-half hat-trick, for four goals, to lead the Cajuns past Prairie View A&M, 5-1, on Friday at the Cajun Soccer Complex._ The Cajuns improved to 2-4-2 on the season.

10. Ragin' Cajuns Montoya Scores Twice as Cajuns Topple Devilettes, 3-0

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns soccer team won their second match of the weekend, beating Mississippi Valley State, 3-0, on Sunday at the Cajun Soccer Complex._ Freshman forward Yazmin Montoya scored twice and added an assist, for a five-point match to lead the Cajuns to victory.

11. Ragin' Cajuns Cajuns Friday Match at Houston Cancelled

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns soccer match at the University of Houston has been cancelled, as announced by the two head coaches on Thursday._ The match was scheduled for Friday in Houston, but heavy rains and more expected bad weather forced the cancellation.

12. Ragin' Cajuns Soccer to Open Sun Belt Season at Georgia State and WKU

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Soccer team will open Sun Belt Conference play on Friday when they take on conference newcomer Georgia State in Atlanta, Ga, at 6 CST._ Louisiana will continue league play on Sunday when it takes on Western Kentucky in Bowling Green, Ky, at noon.

13. Ragin' Cajuns Schmidt Sets Season Scoring Record, Cajuns Defeat GSU 3-0

Freshman forward Annika Schmidt picked up a goal and an assist to break the all-time record at Louisiana for points in a season, as Cajuns toppled Georgia State 3-0 in their Sun Belt opener, improving to 4-4-2 on the season._

Default Re: Schmidt Sets Season Scoring Record, Cajuns Defeat GSU 3-0

Annika is the Schmidt! I think I just Turbined that.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Annika is the Schmidt! I think I just Turbined that.
    I am in the Schmidst of greatness.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information