Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007-08 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. UL Volleyball The Book 2007-08 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

UL head volleyball coach Amy Kraljev begins her third season when the Cajuns host Jackson State on Friday, Aug. 24.

LAFAYETTE - Louisiana's Lady Cajuns volleyball team officially begins preparation for the 2007 season Wednesday as head coach Amy Kraljev's squad holds its first practice at Earl K. Long Gym.

For the second consecutive season, head coach Amy Kraljev will be faced with a young squad that is led by two seniors - libero Erika Castro and setter Tara Cote. Of the 14 players on the 2007 roster, only five have NCAA Division I playing experience. However, the Cajuns welcome three junior college transfers - Tracie Knowlton, Carly Payan and Lauren West - that will provide leadership along side the Cajuns’ three returning underclassmen.

2007 Season Preview

Intangibles: Despite a .201 attack percentage, junior Elizabeth Inman led the Cajuns with 300 kills last season.The Cajuns lost nearly 60 percent of its blocks from a year ago.One of those players lost, Kim Rodgers, accumulated 17 of the Cajuns’ 38 block solos last season.Inman’s six block solos and 64 total blocks are the most among returning Cajuns.The Cajuns have had a different player lead the team in assists every season since 2003 (Beth Henson was the last UL player to lead the team in assists in back-to-back seasons).

Outside Hitter

Key Returners (2)

Elizabeth Inman (5-11, Jr., Fort Worth, Texas)

Rachel Mauti (5-9, So., Mandeville, La.)

Newcomers (4)

Tyler Boutte (5-9, Fr., Youngsville, La.)

Lindsay Brown (5-11, Fr., Yorba Linda, Calif.)

Amie Goodwin (5-10, Fr., Tucson, Ariz.)

Carly Payan (5-11, Jr.-JC, Walnut, Ill.)

Key Losses (2)

Jessica Pattison (125 kills, 41 blocks)

Jamie Sinegal (233 kills, 224 digs, 16 blocks)

Quick Hits

• Elizabeth Inman (Fort Worth, Texas), UL’s most versatile player, leads a young outside hitter and middle blocking corps that will be aided by the additions of three junior college transfers and five freshmen.

• Joining Inman at outside hitter is another returning letterwinner from 2006 - sophomore Rachel Mauti (Mandeville, La.). Last season, Mauti started 28 of 29 matches, finishing second on the team with 262 kills and 281 digs. Kraljev will rely on Inman and Mauti to provide stability and experience on the outside.

• Junior college transfer Carly Payan (Walnut, Ill.) will be looked upon to replace the losses of Jessica Pattison and Jamie Sinegal. In two seasons at Parkland College, Payan threw down 451 kills.

The rest of the story

RaginCajuns.com

Attached Images Attached Images  

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns 2007 Volleyball Season Preview

Thanks for the photo, do you have any more?.once again we are excited about the season.it's great to have so many girls vying for so few positions.makes for intensity and determination during pre-season, practice and games.competition among the girls for starting positions should shake some people out of their comfort zone. This situation will make everyone realize you have to bring your "A" game every day if you want to play. Looking forward to August 24-25. I hope to see tons of supporters in the stands. By the way.the invitations to the tailgate parties extended to the visiting football team fans.do they apply to UL parents who make the trip from out of state as well??

cajunvbmom

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lady Cajuns 2007 Volleyball Season Preview

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom View Post
    Thanks for the photo, do you have any more?.once again we are excited about the season.it's great to have so many girls vying for so few positions.makes for intensity and determination during pre-season, practice and games.competition among the girls for starting positions should shake some people out of their comfort zone. This situation will make everyone realize you have to bring your "A" game every day if you want to play. Looking forward to August 24-25. I hope to see tons of supporters in the stands. By the way.the invitations to the tailgate parties extended to the visiting football team fans.do they apply to UL parents who make the trip from out of state as well??

cajunvbmom
    ABSOLUTELY!!! We would love to have you!

Z.

_ Thanks for the photo, do you have any more?.once again we are excited about the season.it's great to have so many girls vying for so few positions.makes for intensity and determination during pre-season, practice and games.competition among the girls for starting positions should shake some people out of their comfort zone. This situation will make everyone realize you have to bring your "A" game every day if you want to play. Looking forward to August 24-25. I hope to see tons of supporters in the stands. By the way.the invitations to the tailgate parties extended to the visiting football team fans.do they apply to UL parents who make the trip from out of state as well??

cajunvbmom _
    Hope you are planning on making it out to Fan Day this afternoon. We have tried to make folks aware that this is not just a football fan day but also includes volleyball and soccer. I hope you and the other volleyball fans coem out to support the team today.

And you can get the added bonus of meeting the incredible Z. He has kindly volunteered to help out today.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Hope you are planning on making it out to Fan Day this afternoon. We have tried to make folks aware that this is not just a football fan day but also includes volleyball and soccer. I hope you and the other volleyball fans coem out to support the team today.

And you can get the added bonus of meeting the incredible Z. He has kindly volunteered to help out today.
    We should have redone all the advertising to read UL Fan Day "featuring the incredible Z."

Hammer, all kidding asideDont know if anyone on board knows it, but I want to personally take time to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this Fan Day!

Thanks a bunch.

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend Fan Day.there will be other volleyball parents there and I've asked them to take pictures for me.

I extend my gratitude to all those who support the volleyball team.distance and situations make it hard for me to devote as much time as I would like attending all the events but know that I am there in spirit and appreciate you all.

cajunvbmom

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend Fan Day.there will be other volleyball parents there and I've asked them to take pictures for me.

I extend my gratitude to all those who support the volleyball team.distance and situations make it hard for me to devote as much time as I would like attending all the events but know that I am there in spirit and appreciate you all.

cajunvbmom
    Had a chance to interact with the v-ball team just a bit today. They are a very polite, sweet, group of young ladies. I believe they really enjoyed themselves!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ We should have redone all the advertising to read UL Fan Day "featuring the incredible Z."

Hammer, all kidding asideDont know if anyone on board knows it, but I want to personally take time to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this Fan Day!

Thanks a bunch. _
    Z, I was just a small part of this. You, Fish, Jay, Cydra, Christine and all the others busted butt as well yeserday. I'm pretty sure that, like me, everyone involved is dog tired but extremely gratified at the outcome. The reward was seeing the smiles on the players faces and as you are aware the personal words of appreciation from the coaches. I think we helped give them what they have been missing in the past and have long deserved.

9. Default Re: Lady Cajuns 2007 Volleyball Season Preview

Hre is a picture I took of Elizabeth Inman at fan day

Attached Images Attached Images  

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns 2007 Volleyball Season Preview

From a pround momma. I say THANK YOU!!!

cajunvbmom

11. UL Volleyball This season the Lady Cajuns have depth to compete

Amy Kraljev knows all about coaching constraints.

The UL volleyball coach might as well have spent the 2006 season lashed to her bench, such were the trials and travails of a shorthanded Ragin' Cajun team. A combination of injuries, departures and a thin roster caused problems almost from the start.

"A lot of the season last year, my hands were tied," Kraljev said. "We were so short on depth and didn't have go-to players off the bench. It had to be all on the starters."

That group wound up 8-21 overall and 5-13 in Sun Belt Conference play, missing out on the league tournament. In Kraljev's third year, the former Cajun standout has no plans on coming up short on bodies again.

The Cajuns have nine new players, including a pair of junior college transfers, and there are at least three players listed at every slot on the team's depth chart. This year, there actually is a depth chart.

"We have so many options that we haven't had," said Kraljev, whose unit still has only two seniors and only three upperclassmen with college experience. "We don't have as many holes as we've had in the past."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Volleyball Only 7 more days!!!

The countdown for football is great.but my true allegience is to volleyball!!!

07 days02 hours.30 minutes. and counting!!

Support Volleyball!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

cajunvbmom

Default Re: Only 7 more days!!!

Which player is your favorite. My daughter has taken interest in this sport as some of her friends on here school team. We may try to catch a match this year.

_ The countdown for football is great.but my true allegience is to volleyball!!!

07 days02 hours.30 minutes. and counting!!

Support Volleyball!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

cajunvbmom _
    My youngest girl met the volleyball players at fan day. She was blown away on how nice and encouraging they were. We definintely will make some matches. How long do they last?

I'm partial to #4, Elizabeth Inman.she's my daughter . We have an awesome group of young women who excel on the court as well as the classroom.

Matches can go from an hour and a half to three hours depending on whether the match is over in three games or goes to five. Rest assured, it's never a dull moment and extremly fast paced.

cajunvbmom

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information