Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Book 2007-08 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. UL Volleyball Lady Cajuns return five with Div. I experience

UL's volleyball team has the honor of first sport up this weekend, when the Cajuns host the second Capital One Ragin' Cajun Classic at Long Gym.

The tournament has two matches tonight and four on Saturday, with the Cajuns opening play at 7 p.m. against Jackson State in the round-robin event. It will be the first UL athletic event of the 2007-08 school year.

The early start would have been a concern for UL coach Amy Kraljev in either of the last two seasons, but she enters this year's opening tournament with an older, deeper and more experienced lineup.

"We have so many options that we haven't had before," Kraljev said. "We don't have as many holes as we've had in the past."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns to Launch UL's 2007 Athletic Season in Capital One Ragin' Cajuns Clas

I plan on going.

Default Well Blow Me Down!!!

www.ragincajuns.com

live FREE video feed tonight!

Womens volleyball!

All you guys that were curious as to how good this was, check it out now!

FREE!

L'Ronte'

Do dey' has computers in prison?

4. UL Volleyball Re: Well Blow Me Down!!!

Thanks Ron
    Here is a good LINK . . .then click LIVE . . . then click NOW AVAILABLE

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns to Launch UL's 2007 Athletic Season in Capital One Ragin' Cajuns Clas

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason View Post
    _ I plan on going. _
    So, how'd the ladies do today?

6. UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajuns to Launch UL's 2007 Athletic Season in Capital One Ragin' Cajuns Clas

LAFAYETTE – Freshman outside hitter Amie Goodwin (Tucson, Ariz.) recorded a double-double in her Louisiana debut, tallying 14 kills and 11 digs to lead the Ragin’ Cajuns to a solid 3-0 victory over the Jackson State Tigers Friday night.

In addition to Goodwin, fellow freshman Lindsay Brown (Yorba Linda, Calif.) fell two kills shy of recording a double-double of her own, finishing the night with eight kills and 14 digs. Junior middle blocker Elizabeth Inman (Fort Worth, Texas) added 11 kills.

Senior Erika Castro (San Antonio, Texas) led all players with 17 digs. The libero needs 15 more digs to move into the Cajuns’ career top five in the category. Sophomore Kendra Hall (Dallas, Texas) led all setters with 35 helps in the three-game win.

The decisive 3-0 victory for the Cajuns (1-0) marked the second consecutive season UL shutout its season-opening opponent at home.

Jackson State’s Nicole Walker and Amanda Daniels each recorded six kills.

During the first two games, Jackson State (0-1) didn’t pose much of a threat, as the Cajuns forced the Tigers to commit a combined 20 attack errors. JSU hit -.057 in game one and followed with a slightly better percentage of -.045 in the second game.

Jackson State never led in game one, only being able to tie the Cajuns twice. Leading 15-10 mid-way through game one, the Cajuns out-scored JSU 15-6 to take the 14-point first-game win.

The second game was much of the same story as the Cajuns again took a 15-10 lead at the mid-way point and used a 15-6 run to turn back JSU 30-16.

In game three, however, the Tigers were able to challenge the Cajuns, opening the contest with a 14-9 advantage. Then, the Cajuns came alive, scoring 21 points to Jackson State’s six to earn the commanding season-opening victory.

Louisiana returns to the court Saturday for the second and final day of the 2007 Capital One Ragin’ Cajuns Volleyball Classic. The Cajuns will face the Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks at 12 p.m. in the first match of the day and will close out the tournament against Central Arkansas at 7 p.m. Live stats, as well streaming audio and video on the World Wide Web via RaginCajuns.com.

RaginCajuns.com
    Chris Yandle

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Lady Cajuns 1-0 in Capital One Ragin' Cajuns Classic

The background for that great picture is fantastic.

8. UL Volleyball UL goes 1-2 in Capital One tournament

Lady Cajuns beat Jackson State but lose next two as Ragin' Cajuns drop games to Tennessee Martin and Central Arkansas

UL's volleyball squad wrapped up competition in its own season-opening tournament on a down note late Saturday, falling 3-1 to tournament champion Central Arkansas in the concluding match of the Capital One Ragin' Cajun Classic at Long Gym.

The Sugar Bears (3-0) finished unbeaten in the round-robin tournament with the 25-30, 30-20, 30-22, 30-23 win over the Cajuns (1-2), who suffered their second loss of the tournament's final day. UL had dropped a 3-2 match to Tennessee-Martin earlier Saturday after downing Jackson State 3-0 in the tournament opener.

The rest of the story

UL Volleyball Just a Note!

I love the new Ragin' Cajuns website! Coverage of volleyball has been phenomenal. The photo gallery is great and the live home game coverage is a godsend to out of state family and friends.

I realize this is a little late but I also want to thank all the fans who came out for the match on Friday, August 24th especially the fraternal group who showed up at all the games. I hope you guys can make every home game. I know my daughter, and I'm sure the rest of the girls, thought it was great having you guys there to cheer them on. I'm sorry I did'nt get the organizations name.but you know who you are and we thank you.

The girls have a long road streak ahead of them and they will be playing some pretty tough teams, however I know that with the talent and potential we have this year (experienced, determined upperclassmen and exciting newcomers) they will use this road experience to tighten up some loose ends and come back to Earl K. Long with one thing on their minds.Denver & the conference tournament.

By the way.regarding who has the prettier girls USC or UL.just look at the 2007 Volleyball Photo Roster in the Volleybal media guide.'nuff said!

Default Re: Just a Note!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom
    By the way.regarding who has the prettier girls USC or UL.just look at the 2007 Volleyball Photo Roster in the Volleybal media guide.'nuff said! _
    Mom, your enthusiasm has me enthused. I just marked my calendar to remind me of UL Volleyball home games. I can't make all of the games, but will make as many as I can.
    Prettier girls? No contest. Their girls are okay, but compared to ours, they are "road kill."

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom View Post
    _ I love the new Ragin' Cajuns website! Coverage of volleyball has been phenomenal. The photo gallery is great and the live home game coverage is a godsend to out of state family and friends. _
    I'm sure John Dugas would love to hear your comments about RaginCajuns.com.

John Dugas Email address:
    johndugas@louisiana.edu

12. Default Re: Just a Note!

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun View Post
    _ I'm sure John Dugas would love to hear your comments about RaginCajuns.com.

John Dugas Email address:
    johndugas@louisiana.edu _
    John is doing a great job.

Next time I see him in person I will say "John you are doing a great job" !

I just send an email to John. Hopefully, one day I will get to meet him in person. (you too, Turbine) I do have one questions and I guess I should have asked John.aren't the articles and pictures on the website still provided by the sports information department?

14. UL Volleyball Lady Cajun Volleyball to be Televised for First Time

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – For the first time in the program’s 32-year history, Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns volleyball team will be televised when it faces the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Friday night at the Fiesta Bowl Tournament.

Louisiana (1-7) will play the host Lumberjacks (2-5) Friday at 8 p.m. (CT) on Fox College Sports (FCS) Pacific. The broadcast can be seen tape delayed on Sunday, Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m. (CT). However, FCS Pacific is not carried locally by cable providers. Fans can watch a webcast of the television broadcast – both audio and video – on the internet at www.bigskytv.org for a fee.

Live stats will be available throughout the tournament online at www.RaginCajuns.com.

UL’s tournament-opening match with Northern Arizona will feature the reunion of former and current Ragin’ Cajuns coach. UL head volleyball coach Amy Kraljev will face former UL head coach Chris Campbell, who coached from 1999-2001. Kraljev was a member of his first two teams (1999-2000) at UL. It will also be a homecoming for UL freshmen Casey Merrell (Gilbert, Ariz.) and Amie Goodwin (Tucson, Ariz.), who both hail from the state of Arizona.

The Cajuns hope to suppress their current seven-match losing skid this weekend. UL continues to be paced offensively by freshman Amie Goodwin (Tucson, Ariz.) with 98 kills – a 3.5 kill per game average. Junior Elizabeth Inman (Fort Worth, Texas) is second with 86 kills (3.07 kills per game).

Goodwin has been denied double figures just once in eight matches this season, while posting three double-doubles. Senior Erika Castro (San Antonio, Texas), who currently ranks fourth in school history with 1,224 digs, leads the Cajuns with 132 defensive digs.

The rest of the story

RaginCajuns.com

UL Volleyball Re: Lady Cajun Volleyball to be Televised for First Time

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    However, FCS Pacific is not carried locally by cable providers.
    EATEL does carry it on channel 156, but I don't have the sports tier, since ALL of those channels suck.
    http://www.eatel.com/individualanswe.roupParentID=1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information