Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I was so wrong about Tony Robichaux.

Default I was so wrong about Tony Robichaux.

A while back I posted suggesting it was time for UL and Tony Robichaux to part company. I admit I'm not a big baseball fan and can only get into it with the Cajuns and they have to be good. I couldn't think of the Cajuns doing much since the 2000 CWS games. What I've seen the past few days is a gutsy, hardworking and good Cajun team. They simply meet a superior LSU team that might just be in position for another national championship run. Thank you Robichaux and team for giving me a little thrill early on this summer.

2. Default Re: I was so wrong about Tony Robichaux.

Rcajun90--- a great post as it admits to your being wrong which I think we all can plead guilty to!!!! you are a good man!!!

Default Re: I was so wrong about Tony Robichaux.

Yeah, Unless you are not a real baseball fan and you don't know the history of Coach Robicheaux (shaw) ps: that's a joke. then you have no credibility to criticize coach Robe He is great coach and has been for many years. and will be for many more. I, personally hope coach Robe stay's here till he is ready to retire. He's a great coach, recruiter, and pitching coach and has escalated this program farther than anyone else could have done Thank you coach Robe!

+10

Tigue Moore field at Robicheax Stadium. The man built the thing with his sweat, hard work and loyalty to the team and the school. Will happen, you heard it hear first

The fire Robe crowd never had that much of a leg to stand on really. 9 postseason appearances in 19 years. Next year will be 10 in 20. Give the man some respect.

7. Default Re: I was so wrong about Tony Robichaux.

AS I personally told him one time---I think that he would make an excellent AD upon his baseball duties having been finished!!! I think the guy is VERY smart and articulate ----- Doesn't seem to be a big "rah rah" guy but inspirational in a kind of way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    AS I personally told him one time---I think that he would make an excellent AD upon his baseball duties having been finished!!! I think the guy is VERY smart and articulate ----- Doesn't seem to be a big "rah rah" guy but inspirational in a kind of way!!!
    If Tony or Wingerter aren't AD within the next 5 years, something is wrong

If this is a thread about being wrong, I just wanted to say that I was so wrong about Tony starting Boutte against the Tigers. Kid had some very good stuff, and I got NOLA-bowl hyped when he did his fist pump post-strike out running towards the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Yeah, Unless you are not a real baseball fan and you don't know the history of Coach Robicheaux (shaw) ps: that's a joke. then you have no credibility to criticize coach Robe He is great coach and has been for many years. and will be for many more. I, personally hope coach Robe stay's here till he is ready to retire. He's a great coach, recruiter, and pitching coach and has escalated this program farther than anyone else could have done Thank you coach Robe!
    pss: I got your joke; I was reminding him/them each time it was mis-pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    If this is a thread about being wrong, I just wanted to say that I was so wrong about Tony starting Boutte against the Tigers. Kid had some very good stuff, and I got NOLA-bowl hyped when he did his fist pump post-strike out running towards the dugout.
    I don't think there is anybody on here that thought he would pitch as well as he did; great job Mr. Boutte!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by garmen View Post
    Tigue Moore field at Robicheax Stadium. The man built the thing with his sweat, hard work and loyalty to the team and the school. Will happen, you heard it hear first
    Garmen, FYI: I said it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Garmen, FYI: I said it last week.
    Great minds think alike

First, I'll say this is all wool gathering (damn I'm getting old).

The thought of Tony as an athletic director somewhat intrigues me. He loves the school, and I think has the right attitude and demeanor for the job. I think he would be aggressive about the athletic departments growth, and he's second to none when you put him in front of prospective donors (OK maybe Hud). I don't think he wants to Coach much longer (just opinion), and wouldn't be surprised if he was looking for something new after Austin finishes his eligibility or gets drafted high after his junior year. It might also be a way that you could keep Coach Deggs in the fold.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Yes they do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information