Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL College of Business, Executive MBA program discussed

1. Default UL College of Business, Executive MBA program discussed

Things are changing for the better at UL and you don’t have to look any further than the school’s College of Business for proof. Dr. Joby John, dean of the B.I. Moody III College of Business.

Default Re: UL College of Business, Executive MBA program discussed

Have we changed our GMAT requirements? I know that a lot of schools don't have a set minimum GMAT score requirement, but prefer to look at the whole candidate instead. I was looking through the admissions website again and noticed that the minimum requirement for the GMAT is not posted anymore.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    Have we changed our GMAT requirements? I know that a lot of schools don't have a set minimum GMAT score requirement, but prefer to look at the whole candidate instead. I was looking through the admissions website again and noticed that the minimum requirement for the GMAT is not posted anymore.
    It used to be 450 several years back, but I'm sure it has changed

The MBA program as a whole is taking a turn for the worst unfortunately.

What happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    The MBA program as a whole is taking a turn for the worst unfortunately.
    I highly doubt this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I highly doubt this.
    I just finished the program. My graduating class was the last to participate in service learning projects. (Marketing and strategic plans for non profits). They are attempting to shift the entire program to an online system over time. Beginning with a few classes and eventually moving all to an online format. Having done both online and "real" classes, ill tell you that I got NOTHING out of an online format and EVERYTHING out of the now non existent service learning platforms. The quality of the education will suffer, the numbers will strengthen (quantity of grads). For those like me who have gone through it as it is, or was, it's very frustrating to not only have my accomplishment inevitably diluted, but the degree itself not taken as seriously. I strongly encourage you all to write to the university. They are making a mistake for the sake of the almighty dollar

Not to mention, two of the best professors in the program are leaving their positions. The two classes that were worth all of the money I paid for the degree are going to be completely made over in the fall.

Who are those professors?

Geoff Stewart and Patricia Lanier

Stewart is taking over as MKTG department head. Lanier is just burnt out as far as I can tell. Those two professors, their classes, and what was required of us will have lasting effects on our careers. I couldn't tell you one thing I learned in an online class, and I had an online final three weeks ago.

I just finished the program. My graduating class was the last to participate in service learning projects. (Marketing and strategic plans for non profits). They are attempting to shift the entire program to an online system over time. Beginning with a few classes and eventually moving all to an online format. Having done both online and "real" classes, ill tell you that I got NOTHING out of an online format and EVERYTHING out of the now non existent service learning platforms. The quality of the education will suffer, the numbers will strengthen (quantity of grads). For those like me who have gone through it as it is, or was, it's very frustrating to not only have my accomplishment inevitably diluted, but the degree itself not taken as seriously. I strongly encourage you all to write to the university. They are making a mistake for the sake of the almighty dollar
    Source? I highly doubt they will move to an all online format.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Source? I highly doubt they will move to an all online format.
    From the horses mot, tee. They've already begun. Going class by class. There were 3 or 4 of the 15 classes online last semester. In a few years it'll be done.

From the horses mot, tee. They've already begun. Going class by class. There were 3 or 4 of the 15 classes online last semester. In a few years it'll be done.
    I think the horse is scaremongering, IMHO.

14. Default Re: UL College of Business, Executive MBA program discussed

450 is too low if thats the case, needs to be at least 550 minimum. And the switch to online is BS, for an EMBA you learn as much from your classmates in the class as you do from the teachers (exaggeration to a point).

450 is low. Being in the classes, it's obvious who got 450-500.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information