Thread: Familiar Park

1. Default Familiar Park

Coach Tony Robichaux used a white towel to dry rain-dampened seats at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field before players on his UL baseball team sat in them to watch Monday morning's NCAA selection show on the new video board at The Tigue.

Default Re: Familiar Park

think he is a class act unless I'm missing something. lots of talk here by some to get rid of him for lack of success previous seasons but here we are in a regional

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I would put his name on the building. M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field @ Robichaux Stadium. Something like that. I have said it before but baseball (and softball) has carried this athletics program for years! He deserves more than he gets!

4. Default Re: Familiar Park

This is not to diminish their fandom but I have never been a "fan" of putting the names of "fans" on athletic facilities.

Players and coaches "only" with a heavy slant towards coaches.

jmo

Seems ULL NOR the city can name a building without naming it after someone. Can't have UL Field house, UL Art Museum, City Park, performing arts building, the horse farm will probably be name Authement Park, etc.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    Seems ULL NOR the city can name a building without naming it after someone. Can't have UL Field house, UL Art Museum, City Park, performing arts building, the horse farm will probably be name Authement Park, etc.
    You need to get out more, Huey Long and the Baby Huey crowd took this practice to a zeneth.

It was becoming such a favor payment that after death' laws had to be enacted.

7. Default Re: Familiar Park

What's wrong with honoring legacies? If I devoted an extensive amount of time, effort, and money to a specific cause, I would hope that I would be honored in some way. What's better than having a building named after you if it is warrented?

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Pasbon, who is Cajun Field named after? How about Cajundome?

So you mean, when I win the Powerball, no one wants me to rename all the athletic facilities? What's the point then?

Thong stadium

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Thong stadium
    In honor of Boomer, I prefer "Secondary Sexual Characteristic Stadium"

Quote Originally Posted by kelbow7 View Post
    What's wrong with honoring legacies? If I devoted an extensive amount of time, effort, and money to a specific cause, I would hope that I would be honored in some way. What's better than having a building named after you if it is warrented?
    nothing.but can't it just be named something such as City Park? The University Art Museum? The UL Field House? Why must have a persons name attached to it? I can see it now.you looking for the restroom? OHHHyou mean duh Joe Leblanc Evacuation Station? Yeah, you go behind the Moncla Practice Place der da.den you walk into the Cox Place dere.its right across from the Ben Boudreaux Tennis courts.you walk in da door.take a right at the Clotile Decou Insurance Wall of Fame and its right dere lol

nothing.but can't it just be named something such as City Park? The University Art Museum? The UL Field House? Why must have a persons name attached to it? I can see it now.you looking for the restroom? OHHHyou mean duh Joe Leblanc Evacuation Station? Yeah, you go behind the Moncla Practice Place der da.den you walk into the Cox Place dere.its right across from the Ben Boudreaux Tennis courts.you walk in da door.take a right at the Clotile Decou Insurance Wall of Fame and its right dere lol
    You sound like every nascar driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Pasbon, who is Cajun Field named after? How about Cajundome?
    Yeah, I remember Mr. Cajun Field well, nice man, made a fortune in physics.

And Mrs. Cajun Dome, and her daughters Cajun Courts and Track/Soccer Complexthey were very generous with their money, so it was only right to honor them.

Thread Information