Thread: Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

Default Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

I thought the Michigan pep band at the softball games was a nice touch. I wonder if one would be allowed at the Lady Cajun's games. I'm a drummer and have all the drums needed. I played in the Lafayette Concert Band for a number of years and may be able to get some of those musicians to join. Most are UL graduates. Anyone on this board a musician and may be interested? Z.bring your sax.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I thought the Michigan pep band at the softball games was a nice touch. I wonder if one would be allowed at the Lady Cajun's games. I'm a drummer and have all the drums needed. I played in the Lafayette Concert Band for a number of years and may be able to get some of those musicians to join. Most are UL graduates. Anyone on this board a musician and may be interested? Z.bring your sax.
    Roar, this sounds like a terrific idea. Myself, I havent touched the axe in 7 years Dont miss it. Good luck, buddy!

Z

I know they once told us we weren't allowed to use the small megaphone we brought with us into left field because it was an artificial noise maker, but I don't know if that policy would apply to musical instruments.

Please don't.

No please No!!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Go for it Rory!

7. Default Re: Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

I just think it is a great idea.

UL's first ever Band Director "Chief of the Department of Music" Florent Sontag, (link) was also the first ever baseball coach at UL with the 1902 Baseball Team (link).

This idea has roots, 111-year-old roots.

Also the first ever 'Louisiana' reference for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I just think it is a great idea.

UL's first ever Band Director "Chief of the Department of Music" Florent Sontag, (link) was also the first ever baseball coach at UL with the 1902 Baseball Team (link).

This idea has roots, 111-year-old roots.

Also the first ever 'Louisiana' reference for UL.
    I like the idea as well, Turb! I WOULD like to know what Coach Mike thinks about it before proceeding further

I like the idea if it was original, just don't like doing copying other schools.

10. Default Re: Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

Well I know that there have been organs at baseball games forever--The Boomer officially applies to play keyboard with the group---Can't read but can play---Cajun Roll on adapted to softball---Coaches giving the calls and Cajuns hitting them balls!!! Got another sax lined up for you Brock----Brett (the one who taught you) Seriously!!!

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Marching/pep bands work great for football and basketball. It's different for baseball and softball. I don't recall every sitting at the Tigue thinking, '.it sure would be great to hear the Pride of Acadiana right now!' Now, for football games, I often say, '.I wish the band would play more.'

In 2008, for the Houston Super Regional, the Cougars had a Pep Band. It was nice. So, the Michigan band is not a new thing. The NCAA must approve.

13. Default Re: Calling All Musicians. Softball Pep Band?

The deal is to play some other music between innings besides just UL stuff!!!---Some suggestions like: don't mess with my TU TU----Lash pas la potet (SP)----Some 50s ----If the horns are good enough --Chicago!!!!

I can tell you the Michigan pep band was mainly alumni and they were very good. Even though the band did not play it, the UL Fight Song was played over the speakers at the stadium.

Thread Information