Thread: Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

1. UL Baseball Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

It could be anywhere.

But either LSU-hosted Baton Rouge or Mississippi State-hosted Starkville, Miss., seem to be the two likeliest of 16 Regional sites for UL to play in when the NCAA announces its 64-team postseason baseball field this morning.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

I'll be disappointed if we are in fact sent to Baton Rouge. I feel like with a top 25 Rpi and the record we have, to be sent to BR purely for proximity reasons would be a shame.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    I'll be disappointed if we are in fact sent to Baton Rouge. I feel like with a top 25 Rpi and the record we have, to be sent to BR purely for proximity reasons would be a shame.
    I feel rather certain that if the Cajuns had won the Sun Belt regular season title and had an RPI of about 17-19 (bubble team for #1 seed, but a #2 seed), that the Cajuns would not be going to Baton Rouge. They would be headed to Starkville.

It really could go either way . and will depend on where other teams need to be slotted . as well as how well the NCAA has thought this through. We know that sometimes they do not think things through . like the year when they placed two teams from the same conference in the same regional (not 2002). I was stunned when I saw that come up on the screen.

Brian

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

Looks like they'll be announcing the remaining field on ESPNU in just a few minutes (11:00 am).

5. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns await NCAA fate

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I feel rather certain that if the Cajuns had won the Sun Belt regular season title and had an RPI of about 17-19 (bubble team for #1 seed, but a #2 seed), that the Cajuns would not be going to Baton Rouge. They would be headed to Starkville.

It really could go either way . and will depend on where other teams need to be slotted . as well as how well the NCAA has thought this through. We know that sometimes they do not think things through . like the year when they placed two teams from the same conference in the same regional (not 2002). I was stunned when I saw that come up on the screen.

Brian
    Rice is on a plane. Cajuns must be in Baton Rouge.

Brian

CAJUNS in BR . FAU goes to UNC.

Troy goes to Florida State.

South AL to Miss. State - that's 4.

That Miss St regional is a beast

They just showed the 'Belt tied for 3rd with the PAC 12 with 4 teams in the Tourney. SEC has 9, ACC with 8.

For all your 2013 NCAA Baton Rouge Regional Info, please see the ULtimate Louisiana Fan's Homepage. Feel free to set it as your browser homepage too.

Thread Information