Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: SBC G12: #2 South Alabama vs. #3 Louisiana

Default Re: SBC G12: #2 South Alabama vs. #3 Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    . sarcasm but he did run it down the track on the far side though.

I would think the longest bomb that I saw in person was Scott Atwood over center field, best guess would be 450feet easy.Seems like it went all the way to albertson!!!!

2. Default Re: SBC G12: #2 South Alabama vs. #3 Louisiana

So the question remains ---what was the farthest ball ever hit by a Cajun out of the park???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So the question remains ---what was the farthest ball ever hit by a Cajun out of the park???

Good question, start a new tread and see what everyone thinks.

I wasn't there to see them, but I recall someone telling me that Justin Hemme (I think) hit one over Nicholson Drive at the old Box, and onto/over the railroad tracks at Tech.

The balls hit out our park this season would match many of the "furthest" balls hit in the last 20 years

Phillip Hawke hit the furthest ball I have ever seen as a Cajun fan, however I only began truly paying attention around 1996 (I was 10 at the time and that was around the time I knew I wanted to be a Cajun baseball player)

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    The balls hit out our park this season would match many of the "furthest" balls hit in the last 20 years
    Not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Phillip Hawke hit the furthest ball I have ever seen as a Cajun fan, however I only began truly paying attention around 1996 (I was 10 at the time and that was around the time I knew I wanted to be a Cajun baseball player)
    I wish I could recreate the way TD Smith said "Philip Hawke" over the PA. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I wasn't there to see them, but I recall someone telling me that Justin Hemme (I think) hit one over Nicholson Drive at the old Box, and onto/over the railroad tracks at Tech.
    I was there for Hemme's shot @ the old box. It cleared the intimidator and was still on its way up and out. I swear at the time it looked as if it was going to land in tiger stadium.

10. Default Re: SBC G12: #2 South Alabama vs. #3 Louisiana

One of my favorite cajun homers never occurred at the tigue. Early 90's my roomate and I took a road trip for a wednesday game at alex box with a bottle of jim beam and a case of rolling rock. I believe a 5 or 6pm start. Damien grosse hit a shot in a cajun win that never got more then 20b feet in the air and was the fastest ball I have ever seen hit out of any park. Line drive homerun, cajuns victory. It was sweet.

Chris Howard (c.1988) would get my vote. It's hard to 'truly gauge' because I was a kid.but we talked about it at school the next day and emulated it on the playground for months.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information