Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2007-08 Volunteer Days

1. Louisiana V6- 2007 Volunteer Days

Are their going to be any alumni volunteer workdays? There have to be a few little projects that we could help Gerald with. We've done it in the past and it is not only helpful, but I always have fun and it gives more pride in the facilities and the university to those involved. Just wondering.

2. Default Re: Volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun
    _ Are their going to be any alumni volunteer workdays?
    Good question and I don't know.

I would note that if there is to be a meaningful turnout, about 2 months is the proper lead time.

jmo

Default Re: Volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ Good question and I don't know.

I would note that if there is to be a meaningful turnout, about 2 months is the proper lead time.

jmo _
    I'm not an alum until December, but I want in.

Say when & I'm in!!!

5. Default Re: Volunteer?

good point turbine, it does take time so people can make plans to work. Haven't the workdays been in august? that really is the best possible time to work during the day on concrete structures. I will also be alumni in december, I can't wait to be able to buy season tickets (lucrative employment pending).

I will also be alumni in december.
    YES!!! I guess I can now quote you on that! Now your mother (and I) will be able to make plans to be there!

_ Are their going to be any alumni volunteer workdays? There have to be a few little projects that we could help Gerald with. We've done it in the past and it is not only helpful, but I always have fun and it gives more pride in the facilities and the university to those involved. Just wondering. _
    With the proper equipment it would be nice, and not hard to repaint ALL the parking lot striping. I think this would look great, how about you? Would anyone want to help me get this project going? Are is their a project you would rather?

DaddyCajun

Pressure wash the student side of the stadium!!!! Yes there is a reason for doing the student side, several to be honest!!

UL Football Re: Volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ With the proper equipment it would be nice, and not hard to repaint ALL the parking lot striping. I think this would look great, how about you? Would anyone want to help me get this project going? Are is their a project you would rather?

DaddyCajun

Pressure wash the student side of the stadium!!!! Yes there is a reason for doing the student side, several to be honest!! _
    IMO there are two projects that volunteers are suited for. The parking lot work you described, and also the pressure washing, and sealing of the stadium. We could do the steps and stands, and professional could do the work that you need scaffolds, or cranes to accomplish.

Last year several of us pressure washed & painted the tunnel. We were only able to finish the areas exposed to sunlight on both sides; but not the interior (covered) area. This could be a good time to finish it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    _ Say when & I'm in!!! _
    Love the car! Had the same one in orange back in 73!

Ragin' Cajuns V6 - Tonight: Volunteers Needed at EK Long Gym

Talked with Gerald Hebert today about work days for Baseball and he asked me if I come by today and help out with Painting and moving furniture for the Coaches and staff at E K Long Gym.
    Anyone not doing anything tonight, 11-1-07, please go by the gym and help them out. They plan to be there til aroung 9 pm, according to Gerald.

Flash: Coming soon in November, alums are putting together a work weekend for Coach Robe and UL Baseball. High Pressure washing, yard work, general clean up , painting, etc. Look for notice on our on RAGIN PAGIN HOTLINE.

GEAUX CAJUNS

12. Default Re: Volunteers Needed 11-01-07 at EK Long Gym

Thanks Jim

Had I known before I drove back to Abbeville . . . boy that excuse came easy

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Volunteers Needed 11-01-07 at EK Long Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Thanks Jim

Had I known before I drove back to Abbeville . . . boy that excuse came easy _
    Put in about 2 hours this evening but they are not finished. Will start tommorrow at 12:30 . all volunteers are welcome. They are fixing up the players lounge with new furniture and large screen tv. Gonna get floors resurfaced and so. This is on second floor of EK Long gym. It is a players lounge for athletes to use during the day.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: Volunteers Needed 11-01-07 at EK Long Gym

Where's parking?

Ragin' Cajuns Day after Tommorrow: Remodeled Athletes Lounge at EK Long Gym

Gerald Hebert and his wife need some help to finish up on the remodeling of the athlete's lounge at EK Long Gym. They need about 6 to 7 people on Thursday November 8, 2007 to finish painting. Once the painting is done, the wooden floors will be refinished, then the new lounge furniture and Large screen Television will be installed. This will allow the student athletes to have their own lounge to go to between classes. It will also be used to help in recruiting athletes. Gerald told me once finished, it will really be nice.

Gerald has asked me to ask those who can help to call him at his office or cell to set up a time to finish up. office 482-0922, cell - 962-0296.

Please give him a hand so they can have the painting done, the floors refinished, television set up in time for Coaches to use as a recruiting tool

Thanks
    Geaux Cajuns

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information