Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2007-08 Volunteer Days

UL Baseball Baseball/Track Workweek UPDATE: 2-7-08

Talked with Coach Robe tonight, His main concern is to get the Grand Stand cleaned. That would mean lots of pressure washing and cleaning.

Due to the responses on this Website, we are not sure as to how many of you Baseball and Track/Soccer fans can come out this weekend.

Baseball primary goal is to Pressure Wash the Grand stand area and front of Grand Stands. According to poll, we still need about 3 pressure washers. We will need push brooms to wash the grand stand area down after spraying it down with cleaner, then pressure wash the whole area out.

The front of the Grand Stands is the worse area. Full of mold and mildew. We will have a lift to reach up and chemically spray the mold and mildew, the pressure wash it down.

So, bring your rubber boots, slicker suits if you have one, push brooms, and sprayers to spray Mean Green everywhere.

Track/Soccer area needs a complete trash pick up. They also want us to pressure wash the grand stands and general clean up, if POSSIBLE.

Please call baseball tommorrow if you can make it and tell them which days you can make it. This is to get a head count for lunch, if you didn't call show up anyway, don't worry about it, we will accommodate you and however many you bring with you.

Baseball's phone number is 337-482-6093.

Geaux Cajuns.

Default Re: Baseball/Track Workweek UPDATE: 2-7-08

I will be there saturday with my daughter & I am bringing 2 pressure washers. One 2800 psi & one 4000 psi. I just love the power of those babys!

I will be there also on Saturday. I am also bringing a buddy of mine to help. I plan on bringing 2 shovels. a wheel barrow, some buckets and a push broom. See you there.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball/Track Workweek UPDATE: 2-7-08

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ I will be there saturday with my daughter & I am bringing 2 pressure washers. One 2800 psi & one 4000 psi. I just love the power of those babys! _
    RedBug whatever we do, we won't let your daughter handle the 4000 psi pressure washer, it may launch whomever uses it. LOL.

Thanks,
    We will use them on the inside part of the stadium

See you and your daughter there.
    Thanks
    Jim

UL Baseball Re: Baseball/Track Workweek UPDATE: 2-7-08

Quote Originally Posted by sethmw View Post
    _ I will be there also on Saturday. I am also bringing a buddy of mine to help. I plan on bringing 2 shovels. a wheel barrow, some buckets and a push broom. See you there. _
    Thanks guys

We need all the help we can get to get this finished by Sunday.
    Thanks again
    Jim

The 4000 psi pressure washer will be hooked up to a concrete cleaner. You should see this thingdoes one heck of a job.

UL Baseball Baseball Work Day-Sunday

Guys it is CRUNCH TIME. We only had 10 or 12 guys today and not enough pressure washers. We lost one for tommorrow and mine died, anyone want to shoot the sucker for me.
    We need more people and 5 pressure washers or more for tommorrow to finish up. We also could use water hoses also. What is left is Front 2 high sections, we are pressure washing the entrance way, getting up the mold and mildew from the front walk way entrance. We washed the box seat around behind home plate now we need to pressure wash the grand stand area, seats first and walkup aisle.Coach is very pleased so far. We did not even pickup trash at Soccer/Track area. It is littered really bad. Mardi Gras stuff.
    SO I appeal to your spirit, help us get this finished for Fan and Opening day.

Just to let you know, some told me UL Maintenance lost 7 employees and with the hiring freeze put on Universities, it doesn't look promising to rehire them anytime soon. Information told to me today, so let's help UL maintenance with one less chore to do.

Thanks to all of you Cajun Fans who could make it today. They did one heck of a job.
    Geaux Cajuns

8. Default Re: Baseball Work Day-Sunday

What time Sunday?????

Default Re: Baseball Work Day-Sunday

I recieved the email and would be there exept we are watching world class UL softball here in little town called Ruston.

Quite a bit was accomplished today at the Tigue. Almost all of the light colored high area outside the stadium (badly stainded with mold) was pressure washed and looks good. My hat is off to the guy that spent all day up there pressure washing. Most of the concrete outside of the stadium and the entrance is now clean. Both bathrooms were washed from top to bottom with clorox (my apologies to the girl that I suprised in there), they have never been cleaner. The brick wall behind home plate was pressure washed from end to end and is sparkling. The ramps to the bleachers on both sides were cleaned and look great.

We had a large radio broadcasting the women's game from Ruston. Our two freshmen pitchers were outstanding.

Tony came by often and was extremely pleased.

I can't be there tomorrow, but I left my pressure washer (4000 psi) for someone else to use. There are 6 or 7 hose hookups at the Tigue, so there is room for a few more pressure washers. I encourage anyone who wants to help, to round up a pressure washer (and a hose) and go out there tomorrow and help finish the job. The Tigue has never looked better.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Work Day-Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by UL Duane View Post
    _ I recieved the email and would be there exept we are watching world class UL softball here in little town called Ruston. _
    Have fun

Geaux Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ What time Sunday????? _

8:30 am

UL Baseball Re: Volunteer Work Day: Feb 9,10 for Baseball & Track

Double whamy on me, as I was schedled to work this weekend but came down with the FLU instead. I do have you Cajun Fans in my heart and prayers as doing what your doing goes a very long way in showing the over all pride in UL!!!

Work hard, play hard, have fun,
    DaddyCajun

14. Default Re: Volunteer Work Days for Baseball & Track

Sorry I couldn't make it, my hat goes off to all those who did.

You deserve a round of applause and appreciation.

Default Re: Volunteer Work Days for Baseball & Track

I got back in town about 4:30 today (Sunday) and stopped by the Tigue to pick up my pressure washer and WOW!. Whoever was there today did one heck of a job! Tony was still there and he was very happy with all of the work. The Tigue is looking awsome, can't wait for fan day (16th) and opening day!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information