Poll: How should we spend our new funds?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What should be done with new funds?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default What should be done with new funds?

Just a few different options i was thinking about. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Extremely sweet that this will be an annual addition, and not just a one time donation.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: What should be done with new funds?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Just a few different options i was thinking about. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Extremely sweet that this will be an annual addition, and not just a one time donation.
    I was gonna vote for "Taking the saturated fats out of the concession food"since that isnt a choiceI am now officially perplexed.

Z.

first off, double robe's salary. 2nd,fix the field. 3rd new marketing strategy nationwide. then build new pressboxes and suites in cajun field. If bustles gets to a bowl game give him a raise.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What should be done with new funds?

The football stadium needs to be cleaned. It would really add to the tailgating experience to have a shiny stadium in the background! A little bleach and preassure washers should do the trick! It has been long overdue! Baseball should get some also to fix their field, those guys deserve it.

BASEBALL:

Raise Robe's salary.
    Repair baseball field and plan to rebuild grandstand.

FOOTBALL:

Reward Bustle's salary if we get to bowl game.

MARKETING:

Re-vamp it.

OTHER:

Unless we go rediculously crazy and sell out the season, additions do not need to be made to the football stadium, yet. Although the sad thing is, I bet doing so would probably bring in the people.

Just win baby! The places that need money will show!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ BASEBALL:

Raise Robe's salary.
    Repair baseball field and plan to rebuild grandstand.

FOOTBALL:

Reward Bustle's salary if we get to bowl game.

MARKETING:

Re-vamp it.

OTHER:

Unless we go rediculously crazy and sell out the season, additions do not need to be made to the football stadium, yet. Although the sad thing is, I bet doing so would probably bring in the people.

Just win baby! The places that need money will show! _
    Agree with most of those. We don't need to add on anything to Cajun Field yet, but it does need a lot of surface work. It really needs to be cleaned and stuff like that. Robe probably does need a raise, although I'd think he'd maybe forego that raise if it helped him get the grandstand re-done, so that they could have luxury boxes and such.

I added that savings option in there becasue i think that would be a great idea. if we could put a million or two a year into a fund that would just build on itself, then in a few years it could really be worth a lot and it could continue to pay for improvements, coaches salaries/raises, and other things for years to come.

It just feels really great that, like some of you have noted on your signatures, that we've done a lot with so little, and now that we have this little bit extra garunteed every year, it can go to taking care of business. we've gotten by with what we have, so now we can use this extra to make improvements and stuff and not worry about having to sue it for day to day operations.

This is fantastic news for us. All we have to do is win and get to a bowl game and then everything we have been waiting for will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    _ first off, double robe's salary. 2nd,fix the field. 3rd new marketing strategy nationwide. then build new pressboxes and suites in cajun field. If bustles gets to a bowl game give him a raise. _
    I don't know if its that much money. lol but I agree.

Increase all coaching salaries, hire another fund raiser, increase administrative staff to have the programs run more efficiently, then start a women's golf team to insure that we always have over 200 scholarships. Then if anything left over work on facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61
    _ Increase all coaching salaries, hire another fund raiser, increase administrative staff to have the programs run more efficiently, then start a women's golf team to insure that we always have over 200 scholarships. Then if anything left over work on facilities. _
    Build an academic center similar to what LSU did when Saban came in and put a lot more resources into tutors helping athletes academically. Notice I said help, not do the work for them. If we can't afford an academic facility (building), tutoring aid needs to be increased substantially. This will keep us out of APR trouble, help athletes graduate, and help them stay eligible. Keeping them eligible will translate directly into more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    _ I was gonna vote for "Taking the saturated fats out of the concession food"since that isnt a choiceI am now officially perplexed.

Z. _
    pay back all the hotel owners in Ruston where Z stayed and destroyed with his numerous rockstar like parties . . . its the thing legends are made of.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What should be done with new funds?

Like most have stated we need these monies in many different areas, not just one.

I would break it down and work with the community to get matching funds:

1) 20% into a fund to be matched for the scholarships(200 mandated by the NCAA) these would be matched and funded until fully funded at which time this 20% would geaux into a savings or other use depending what is needed when this time comes.

2) 10% would geaux into a future slush fund for raising coaches salaries as goals set by the AD are met by the coaches and said teams.

3) 20% would geaux into marketing the programs being inovative to stretch these monies and be inclusively used with other business monies.

4) 30% would geaux into facility upgrades and expansion while attracting more private/business monies.

5) 5% would geaux into recruiting budgets that already exist and continue to grow with the funds raised by golf tourneys and such.

6) 10% would geaux into the study center

7) 5% could geaux into increasing the base pay of all UL Coaches right away
    something is better than nothing

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    _ Like most have stated we need these monies in many different areas, not just one.

I would break it down and work with the community to get matching funds:

1) 20% into a fund to be matched for the scholarships(200 mandated by the NCAA) these would be matched and funded until fully funded at which time this 20% would geaux into a savings or other use depending what is needed when this time comes.

2) 10% would geaux into a future slush fund for raising coaches salaries as goals set by the AD are met by the coaches and said teams.

3) 20% would geaux into marketing the programs being inovative to stretch these monies and be inclusively used with other business monies.

4) 30% would geaux into facility upgrades and expansion while attracting more private/business monies.

5) 5% would geaux into recruiting budgets that already exist and continue to grow with the funds raised by golf tourneys and such.

6) 10% would geaux into the study center

7) 5% could geaux into increasing the base pay of all UL Coaches right away
    something is better than nothing

DaddyCajun _
    I concur that these monies need to be worked into the Athletic department, much like you outlined. but, i think that being there are so many things the department needs right now, i.e. dressing up the football stadium, fixing the Tigue, dressing up the complex (new fence around the place, something to enhance the barren limestone eyesore, i mean wasteland that is the parking lot), a balls out marketing campaign, etc. i think that prioritizing these things and taking care of them immediately, rather than increasing each sports budget, or each item's allotements incrementally, would be a lot better. If we give a little to this and a little to that, and it still takes 5-7 years for the tigue to be competitive for a regional host site again, what good does that do. It needs to be upgraded immediately so it can compete next year or the year after, so we can use that momentum to extra noteriety to make it even better in the 5-7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg
    pay back all the hotel owners in Ruston where Z stayed and destroyed with his numerous rockstar like parties . . . its the thing legends are made of.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information