Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lady Cajuns to Travel to Baton Rouge for NCAA Regional

1. Ragin' Cajuns Lady Cajuns to Travel to Baton Rouge for NCAA Regional

After finishing the season with an overall record of 43-13 and ranked 21st in the nation, the Ragin’ Cajuns softball program will head to Baton Rouge for the NCAA Regionals, hosted by LSU.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Lady Cajuns to Travel to Baton Rouge for NCAA Regional

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

After finishing the season with an overall record of 43-13 and ranked 21st in the nation, the Ragin’ Cajuns softball program will head to Baton Rouge for the NCAA Regionals, hosted by LSU.

It is going to feel so good to beat LSUa&m

Wonder what colors Yvette will be wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Wonder what colors Yvette will be wearing?
    Maybe both, she deserves that I think.

I know this is ultra impractical and almost impossible.HOWEVER; being the perpetual optimistic person that I am. Does this scenario exist:

Of the 16 hosting teams if enough were eliminated does UL have a chance at hosting a Super.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    I know this is ultra impractical and almost impossible.HOWEVER; being the perpetual optimistic person that I am. Does this scenario exist:

Of the 16 hosting teams if enough were eliminated does UL have a chance at hosting a Super.
    The only chance is that we win our regional and the matched regional host (Ann Arbor) loses. The rest of the regionals have no impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The only chance is that we win our regional and the matched regional host (Ann Arbor) loses. The rest of the regionals have no impact.

WE MUST PACK THE HOUSE

About to order my tickets. Wife and I will be there.

Btw.just read that Scott Farmer.the guy that couldn't have cared less about our softball program.got a $2,500 bonus because we earned a regional spot. Wow.

10. Ragin' Cajuns Softball: Cajuns' Road to Oklahoma City Begins in Baton Rouge

After receiving an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, the Ragin’ Cajuns softball program will make the short trip to Baton Rouge for the NCAA Regional, taking on Northwestern State on May 17 at 3:00 P.M.

Homes SO Clean

An excerpt from a Graham Hays article on the ESPN college sports section about regionals.
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/so.pace-regionals

Baton Rouge regional

Friday: LSU vs. Central Connecticut; Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Northwestern State

The favorite: No. 9 LSU
    LSU enters the tournament on anything but a roll after it lost all three of its May games and gave up 27 runs in the process. But anyone who remembers last season will recall that the Tigers lost eight of their final 10 games, scored barely any runs in the process, and proceeded to reach the World Series. And there's a lot more reason to think Rachele Fico will regain her pitching touch this season than there was to think last season's team would find a way to score runs. One key for Fico is going to be reining in her own stubbornness -- she's either walked or hit 119 batters in 211 1/3 innings. The good news is she and the staff have much more margin for error with Bianka Bell (1.058 OPS) around.

What could get in the way: Genuine dislike
    That last word probably isn't the one most fans of Louisiana's two premier softball programs would choose. It's too mild. There is no love lost between LSU and Louisiana-Lafayette, who won't even play in the regular season, and both programs know where to eat in Oklahoma City as repeat visitors to the World Series. Beating a quality team in the postseason is difficult enough. Beating a rival is that much more difficult, especially a rival that brings a lineup with a .547 slugging percentage and .425 on-base percentage. Sarah Draheim (1.291 OPS), Nerissa Myers (1.299 OPS) and Brianna Cherry (1.201 OPS) are the top three OPS players in the regional. Not even Oklahoma can claim that.

Player to watch: Jordan Wallace, P, Louisiana-LafayetteWallace is one of the more intriguing pitchers in the tournament. On paper, she's a statistical beast, fifth in the nation in strikeouts per seven innings with a 28-7 record and 1.89 ERA. And it's not like she piled up numbers against the dregs of Division I. She threw quality innings against Michigan, Mississippi State and Iowa out of conference and back-to-back brilliant outings against Western Kentucky and South Alabama in the Sun Belt tournament (she also two-hit Arizona State in a super regional a season ago). But she wasn't among even the 25 finalists for player of the year and admittedly took some lumps in high-profile outings against Texas and Texas A&M.

Geaux Cajuns

I called this morning.
    All reserved seats are sold out. Only tickets left are for general admission, which is standing room or sitting on the hill in the outfield.

I may have a chair back seat available. The cost is $57, that is what I paid for it. Send me a message and I will see if it is still available. It is a single seat, not around my tickets, not sure if it is next to Cajun fans.

My wife will be coming to the games with me. She may not like sitting on the hill while I am in a chairback.

Thanks anyway! See you at the park!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information