Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NON-BCS Conference Rankings

1. UL Football Re: NON-BCS Conference Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia
    _ i do not spend much time weighing the relative stengths of non-bsc conferences, but i do see where every year the sbc champ plays an also-ran from cusa [is it the third tier tie-in, or fourth, for that conference?], and almost every year the cusa rep crushes the sbc school as i recall. cusa football is that far ahead right now. _
    As I recall, SBC football was 4 wins and 3 losses against CUSA football this past season, with Troy crushing Rice in the NO Bowl.

Default Re: NON-BCS Conference Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ManzanoWolf
    As I recall, SBC football was 4 wins and 3 losses against CUSA football this past season, with Troy crushing Rice in the NO Bowl. _
    The Cajuns record against CUSA opponents under Coach Bustle -

In 2002, his first year, a 36-17 loss to U-Hoo but in the next 4 games

in 2003 a 34-0 win over UAB
    in 2004 a 21-14 loss to U-Hoo
    in 2005 a 24-21 loss of UCF
    in 2006 a 31-28 win over U-Hoo

I saw all 4 of these games and the Cajuns could have run the table.

In 2007 we have another shot at UCF.

Quote Originally Posted by cayenethepepper
    _ Good post loco. You just might want to be careful about how you present facts and truths. If you do it in a way that is in disagreement with the "status quo", then you will be labeled as a "non-believer, non-cajun fan" and someone who doesn't know what they're talking about AND.........the infamous label of "corndog fan."
    Either way, you just said a mouthfull about the sunbelt. It is a bottom dweller and isn't going anywhere other than where it is. It is a pipe dream to think/believe otherwise and anyone who denies it needs to be checked. _
    I agree, the Sunbelt would struggle to get a team into the Division I-AA championship game. Also, unless we can start dominating the Sunbelt, there's no use wanting to go to some better conference, why would they want us?

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCajun32
    _ Imagine how awesome it would be to have Boise St., Fresno and Hawaii making trips to Cajun Field every now and then, with some of those games on national TV. Just not the same as ULM, Arkansas St., and North Texas coming to town... _
    You got that right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    _ Yep, watching those 3 hang upwards of 60-70 a game on us on national tv would have been truly awesome.

_
    Guess you're right! Bring on the likes of Samford, Southeastern and Nicholl's State.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    _ Guess you're right! Bring on the likes of Samford, Southeastern and Nicholl's State. _
    What's wrong with the likes of Houston, UAB, UCF and Latex who've all been on our schedules very recently and up and coming programs like our brothers in arms Troy, Middle Tenn, North Texico and Ark State just to name a few?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    The Cajuns record against CUSA opponents under Coach Bustle -

In 2002, his first year, a 36-17 loss to U-Hoo but in the next 4 games

in 2003 a 34-0 win over UAB
    in 2004 a 21-14 loss to U-Hoo
    in 2005 a 24-21 loss of UCF
    in 2006 a 31-28 win over U-Hoo

I saw all 4 of these games and the Cajuns could have run the table.

In 2007 we have another shot at UCF.
    While I agree with the fact that we have proven to be competitive with CUSA, you have to take into consideration the fact that 3 of those 4 games were at home. We are getting there, and being a good football team at home is one of the first steps to becoming a good football team. How we fair next year against Ohio and UCF will go a long way to show where we are as a program.

Tuffguy

UL Football Re: NON-BCS Conference Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    _ This is why UL will never improve its football program until it can move up and out of the Sun Belt. The people who claim that the Sun Belt itself can move up like the Mountain West or CUSA are just plain wrong. Any team in the Sun Belt that sees an opening in another conference will bolt. UL would be smart to do that same... _
    Maybe just maybe with the new state monies being made available and some other monies that are being pledged as we speak coupled with some marketing, buts in the seats and "W's", we will really bump up to where we desire!!

Daddy Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84
    _ While I agree with the fact that we have proven to be competitive with CUSA, you have to take into consideration the fact that 3 of those 4 games were at home. We are getting there, and being a good football team at home is one of the first steps to becoming a good football team. How we fair next year against Ohio and UCF will go a long way to show where we are as a program.

Tuffguy _
    I used this as a measure of Coach Bustle's results in the same way others show that he has not lost to a 1aa program and all of those were at home.

Tuff, what we need to do most of all at this point is win the SBC and play in a bowl game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information