Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Why donate? Don't expect others to pony up if you arent willing to do it? Cajun4Life has a reputation of running his mouth and demanding all sorts of crap but contributes zero. Why is it a cry baby attitude? What are you 5, mommy im not playing anymore because its too hard! His true colors are known, he is a quitter, why else run away during tough times. Its the age old test, Fight or Flight, Cajun4Life runs away!

All Cajun4Life does is whine and cry! Get off your ass and do something! _
    When Silvey was hired, it said to me that maybe the clowns in Martin Hall have had a change of heart.

So, when the call came for donations on Delphi, I opened up my wallet and contributed money.

Now, I see the clowns have f'd me again.

Don't criticize people for being upset. You should be thanking them for caring in the first place.

This was a punch in the gut to many people who have put in long, hard hours of their own time. This one is gonna sting for a while.

And if the clowns in Martin Hall don't rectify this situation, several good people will walk away from this school, and I won't blame them one bit.

When are you people gonna understand.

HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR THE ATHLETES. NEVER HAS !!!!!!

This is another bull$h#t example of why our athletic budget is where it is today. We cannot do this alone! There are alot of wealthy alumni that will not donate a _____!ng red cent until this type of _____ stops happening. I hope the new admins will stop the smoke and mirrrors and right this ship

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When Silvey was hired, it said to me that maybe the clowns in Martin Hall have had a change of heart.

So, when the call came for donations on Delphi, I opened up my wallet and contributed money.

Now, I see the clowns have f'd me again.

Don't criticize people for being upset. You should be thanking them for caring in the first place.

This was a punch in the gut to many people who have put in long, hard hours of their own time. This one is gonna sting for a while.

And if the clowns in Martin Hall don't rectify this situation, several good people will walk away from this school, and I won't blame them one bit.

When are you people gonna understand.

HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR THE ATHLETES. NEVER HAS !!!!!!
    check your email.

I hope you loyal fans won't walk away and give up. There are so many athletes working so very hard to give you what you want. Please learn all of the details before you give up.

From what i have been hearing, the track coach, though not an exceptionally cheerful or likeable chap, was effective and had probably forgotten more about building a successful track and field program than anyone on this forum has ever known. I am saddened by his "psychological differences" with our administartion, and I think we are fools for losing him.

This really makes parents think twice about encouraging their kids to be UL athletes.

So what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Who was he related to? _
    Who was what related to? If you're talking about the athlete, I don't know. My source wouldn't give me his or her name.

But from what I was told, this wasn't the first time the administration tried to keep Silvey from pulling an athlete's scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    check your email.
    I keep checking mine, but there's nothing there?!?!?!?

Jockamo!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    I keep checking mine, but there's nothing there?!?!?!?

Jockamo!

Track & Field Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Word I've received from a very credible source is that the administration disagreed with Silvey wanted to pull the scholarship of an athlete who was nothing but a cancer for the team.

However, the "smarter visionaries" in Martin Hall felt it was more important to keep wasting the scholarship on a punk athlete so their APR rating wouldn't take a hit. Silvey had already pulled scholarships from other slackers upon arriving, and I guess the university didn't care much for his discipline style.
    This situation has happened before on the track team. It is very hard to pull a scholarship from non producers. I happen to know that LSU will reduce or cut your scholarship if an athlete don't perform well. What it comes down to is numbers. Also, if he had problems pulling a scholarship it was probably on the womens side. They are almost untouchable once there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    _ Who was what related to? If you're talking about the athlete, I don't know. My source wouldn't give me his or her name.

But from what I was told, this wasn't the first time the administration tried to keep Silvey from pulling an athlete's scholarship. _
    Yea, that is what I was alluding to. It sounded like the usual incestous relationships that plague this administration. They finally bring in someone from outside who has been succesful but then don't want to let them implement what they think needs to be done to have that same kind of success here. I wonder if it has ever occurred to the powers that be in the administration who seem to be fond of saying "Thats not how we do it here" that maybe "they way we do it around here" is the reason for their lack of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Iraqi war veteran. None of the above apply.

12, I dont want to get caught in the cross fire.you and 4life were doing just fine, and I was getting a kick out of it

The "contributing 0, cry baby attitude, true colors, quitter, and runs away, accusations aren't true. His military duty may mean nothing to some, to me its everything.

Just my .02. Ya'll carry on.

Z _
    the z-man can make a post; well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ That's right. Fight or flight? Really are you serious? I run away? Let me tell you something you pompus _____!!! I do not run away I have fought for this country in Iraq and seen many of my friends die first hand and I fought every day for your _____ ass to be a blind follower of this piece of ____ university. I spent 5 years as an athlete at UL 2 with football and 5 with track. I gave up my last year of track to deploy to Iraq and fight for _____'s like you. You do not know who I am or what I have done so keep on with the personal attacks you _____ as _____.

This University is a joke and I have contributed many many hours of my life to it so I have a right to be critical of failure and lack of funding. Drink your beer, sit in the stands and shut the ____ up. _
    a great post. i'd love to see it without blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ This is not just about Authement, Savioe couls have phoned Silvey and given him the money he was promised in the Fall. But he did not do that and Silvey resigned. Track would have been in the hunt for a top ten finish in the NCAA's within three years and they ____ed it away but doing the same ____ that the admin has done to every track coach to ever coach the Cajuns. The have tarnished this university's reputation and will never succeed in any sport until they pony up the dough and stick with there promises.

I am done with this program and this university. My loyalty will go elsewhere, just not to the east. _

Hold on folks. Has anyone read between the lines here? I've wondered since last summer about one lingering question: If this is such a GREAT coach, why did MAJOR TRACK SCHOOLS have him penciled in as an assistant coach for the past 20 years? And why was someone this GREAT attracted to the rauncy place everyone here says UL is -- over MAJOR track schools with a ton more money than we will ever have? His first and last head coaching job was at a junior college 20 years ago that had funding for athletes who could not get into major schools in the SEC, SWC, Big 10 and Pac 10. A street bum with that kind of funding could build a great resume too, especially with the biggies hand-feeding their acadadmic non-qualifiers to him on silver platters each year. The 2007-2008 track budget is reported to be three times greater than ever before and the 2nd largest in the state behind the purple and puke. (It's bigger than UL baseball effective this year). All of the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning gripers here need to drop a dime to former employers at Oregon, Arkansas and Texas Tech to get info on why he left those programs. The administration here doled out a ton of track money since last July and its gone with the wind. The 1st collegiate meet of the year had NO ONE here. UL literally ran a inter-squad meet. The next one was cancelled because NO ONE was coming. If a coach is that great, where are the mountains of admirers from within his/her own ranks who should be flocking to support this fantastic coach on his maiden voyage? BTW, there's a third meet on the schedule, but when looking at schedules of 60 some odd southern schools, we ain't on any of them, and we weren't on any for the first two meets either. This sounds more like someone marching into town and saying I have 30 acres of the moon sitting out there with your name on them if you hire me today. I'm the hottest thing since sliced bread and you better hire me because I'm the greatest bread slicer in history. If you don't believe I'm great, JUST ASK ME. Always remember, there are TWO sides to every story and don't be too quick to say the admin dropped the ball on this one. They MIGHT have surprised folks and nipped a potentially lethal problem in the bud. Hide and watch, and in time we'll all get the REST OF THE STORY. (al la Paul Harvey)

PS - Does anyone know that he WASN'T given what he was promised? 5 will get ya 10 that they delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yea, that is what I was alluding to. It sounded like the usual incestous relationships that plague this administration. They finally bring in someone from outside who has been succesful but then don't want to let them implement what they think needs to be done to have that same kind of success here. I wonder if it has ever occurred to the powers that be in the administration who seem to be fond of saying "Thats not how we do it here" that maybe "they way we do it around here" is the reason for their lack of success.
    You said a mouthful there, Hammer! Nail, meet hammer (pun intended!)!

Quote Originally Posted by houndoggy1 View Post
    Hold on folks. Has anyone read between the lines here? I've wondered since last summer about one lingering question: If this is such a GREAT coach, why did MAJOR TRACK SCHOOLS have him penciled in as an assistant coach for the past 20 years? And why was someone this GREAT attracted to the rauncy place everyone here says UL is -- over MAJOR track schools with a ton more money than we will ever have? His first and last head coaching job was at a junior college 20 years ago that had funding for athletes who could not get into major schools in the SEC, SWC, Big 10 and Pac 10. A street bum with that kind of funding could build a great resume too, especially with the biggies hand-feeding their acadadmic non-qualifiers to him on silver platters each year. The 2007-2008 track budget is reported to be three times greater than ever before and the 2nd largest in the state behind the purple and puke. (It's bigger than UL baseball effective this year). All of the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning gripers here need to drop a dime to former employers at Oregon, Arkansas and Texas Tech to get info on why he left those programs. The administration here doled out a ton of track money since last July and its gone with the wind. The 1st collegiate meet of the year had NO ONE here. UL literally ran a inter-squad meet. The next one was cancelled because NO ONE was coming. If a coach is that great, where are the mountains of admirers from within his/her own ranks who should be flocking to support this fantastic coach on his maiden voyage? BTW, there's a third meet on the schedule, but when looking at schedules of 60 some odd southern schools, we ain't on any of them, and we weren't on any for the first two meets either. This sounds more like someone marching into town and saying I have 30 acres of the moon sitting out there with your name on them if you hire me today. I'm the hottest thing since sliced bread and you better hire me because I'm the greatest bread slicer in history. If you don't believe I'm great, JUST ASK ME. Always remember, there are TWO sides to every story and don't be too quick to say the admin dropped the ball on this one. They MIGHT have surprised folks and nipped a potentially lethal problem in the bud. Hide and watch, and in time we'll all get the REST OF THE STORY. (al la Paul Harvey)

PS - Does anyone know that he WASN'T given what he was promised? 5 will get ya 10 that they delivered!

next

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information