Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

1. Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    And sir, you have a right to be extremely pis.se.d. In the morning I would call Martin Hall and ask for Ray Authement. Have him explain whats going on.

Z.
    Z,

It is really hard to be a Cajun fan sometimes. Authement has done nothing for athletics, sure we have an indoor practice facility and are getting field turf. Yet, Authement has invested little to no time in raising money for athletics on a large scale and even with this small boost in funding we are still behind the 8 ball. We lose another coach because of unkept promises. These things have a way of getting around to other coaches and pretty soon your name is mud in coaching circles. Savoie will soon take office and many have faith it will get better. Sorry I find it hard to believe.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Not a bad idea Z. Please let us know what happens, or what doesn't happen. I'm not sure if I'll have the same opportunity tomorrow, but if I do, I might try to direct my efforts elsewhere. I urge all readers to direct their displeasure over this somewhere tomorrow.

3. Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    Not a bad idea Z. Please let us know what happens, or what doesn't happen. I'm not sure if I'll have the same opportunity tomorrow, but if I do, I might try to direct my efforts elsewhere. I urge all readers to direct their displeasure over this somewhere tomorrow.

Direct our displeasure? Sure we can do that, but will it really matter? It seems as though no matter how much we _____ and moan it is business as usual in Martin Hall. Will Doc Savoie follow the status quo or will he shake things up. Either way the clock is ticking and we need action.

Default Re: UL track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ this is very sad. this will be a huge hit for ul athletics. i am highly disappointed _
    Highly disappointed is putting it very lightly for me. Not that I am a huge track and field fan, but it just goes to show that NOTHING HAS CHANGED with this administration when it comes to support for athletics. Lip service will get you nowhere. I am royally ______ed.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sorry Rhineaux, I'm not calling the "clown show". I believe LACajuns more than likely has a child, or someone close to them that has committed to the UL track program. Coach Silvey and his reputation were what attracted them. HE/SHE needs an explanation. I need NO explanation. I know things are F# up. I know why they are F# up.

I am just about done.

On February 13th we(Delphi members) handed 2K over to the guy(Silvey) as a gesture of support from John Q Public after the rug had been pulled out from under him on another issue. I believe Beau Cajun and VO were the presenters. This was just a matter of time.

What an ass backwards operation. David W, Scott F.help, we need some answers before everyone jumps ship.

Will things change as soon as "The Fossil" rolls out and Doc S moves in?

Z

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Clown show is probably right. When I said I'd go elsewhere with my comments, I meant Savoie. It may not change this matter, but he needs to know just how everyone feels.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Z,

It is really hard to be a Cajun fan sometimes. Authement has done nothing for athletics, sure we have an indoor practice facility and are getting field turf.
    hate to disagree and sorry to butt in the bigger issues i'm guessing is in the rest of your post maybe i read that later, bil

although i don't think so ( grins = just imho )

ps. i just relish there's a z in the quote how it happened? i always "go figure". which allows me to know i am blessed

came up with neville brothers in centerfield was 92-93-ish
    thinking i may have been there /around when tony won 1st know i was there for 500 congrats (do it again)

Default Steve Silvey resigns

whoaa just back and skimmed some of the writings

yeah me too go (ggrrr)

next ?

that is required to be the slogan we all want answered

ps. congrats to tony winning # five hundred

pss. saw last night the rumor of "coaching change" on the jim jones site think the track guy a surprise to them also

Track & Field Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

This is VERY sad and I hope this can be resolved! Anyone in the know have and inside opinion on how this could or should be worked out?

Concerned,
    DaddyCajun

ps Is it a done deal or could this be reversed with the right people doing the right things?

Default Re: Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ whoaa just back and skimmed some of the writings

yeah me too go (ggrrr)

next ?

that is required to be the slogan we all want answered

ps. congrats to tony winning # five hundred

pss. saw last night the rumor of "coaching change" on the jim jones site think the track guy a surprise to them also _
    Hanging out with your buddy 4dogs? Yeah, thas a real bunch of UL loyalists over there. I bet they were just thilled and posting lots of grins and smiles about the Silvey news. BTW, helping them out with any UL fundraising over there? Afterall, that bunch contributes so much to UL.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ This is VERY sad and I hope this can be resolved! Anyone in the know have and inside opinion on how this could or should be worked out?

Concerned,
    DaddyCajun

ps Is it a done deal or could this be reversed with the right people doing the right things? _
    It is exactly as you would think guys.from what I was told. I wanted to spill the beans last week, but did not for Silvey's sake.

Silvey was otherwise excited about things, anybody that went to the track lately could see that; the improvements were everywhere and Silvey was pretty excited.

But.UL.they told him this and told him that.I had heard that he was filing a lawsuit against them?

12. Default Re: UL Track coach Steve Silvey resigns

Quote Originally Posted by spearchucker View Post
    But.UL.they told him this and told him that.do you know that he was filing a lawsuit against them?
    A lawsuit against UL by a Coach? Couldn't happen here

The Ray Authement Ragin Cajun Athletic Legacy Tour is in full swing. You'll laugh, You'll cry, You'll be left asking why.

Quote Originally Posted by LACajuns View Post
    _ This is not good news, we were attracted to UL because of coach Steve. _
    Unless you are going to play one of the BIG THREE Football, Baseball, Basketball then I advise you to go elsewhere. You will be treated as a second rate athlete from the admin. Just like the Best Track Coach in the history of this program was treated.

_ Clown show is probably right. When I said I'd go elsewhere with my comments, I meant Savoie. It may not change this matter, but he needs to know just how everyone feels. _
    You can't complain to him yet, becuase he ain't here. We are still in FREAKIN TRANSITION.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ A lawsuit against UL by a Coach? Couldn't happen here

The Ray Authement Ragin Cajun Athletic Legacy Tour is in full swing. You'll laugh, You'll cry, You'll be left asking why. _
    This is not just about Authement, Savioe couls have phoned Silvey and given him the money he was promised in the Fall. But he did not do that and Silvey resigned. Track would have been in the hunt for a top ten finish in the NCAA's within three years and they ____ed it away but doing the same ____ that the admin has done to every track coach to ever coach the Cajuns. The have tarnished this university's reputation and will never succeed in any sport until they pony up the dough and stick with there promises.

I am done with this program and this university. My loyalty will go elsewhere, just not to the east.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information