Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

1. Track & Field UL Track and Field fund drive

2008 Fund Drive for UL Track & Field as represented by a brick per donor.
    BoomerDieHard1280CajunLampreyVObserver
    Thanks DelphiCajunConnection1stTakeZeeBart21DocRaginCajunCome on help start a new row.
    CRAWFISH61FrenchieCajunCharlieDestinCajunSATXCajun
    Help UL Track with your donationCrawfishRedBug58CajunAggie01 aka cajunaggie65Rhineaux aka Cajuns5KHelp UL Track with your donation
    CajunsmikeHammer58BamaCajunBeauCajunCajun Express

Default Re: Track & Field camp/clinic next week

Does anyone know where to find anything more about this "clinic?" If registration is still open, what is the schedule, how much does it cost, what will be done, etc, etc?

ANY INFO would be appreciated (and would likely lead to another registrant and possible future Ragin' Cajun athlete)

Default Re: Track & Field camp/clinic next week

Go to the athletic page for UL and is under the fans thing its like the 2nd or 3rd bullet down labeled camps. Its $150 for dec. 28 29 30 1-4 PM

4. Track & Field Re: Track & Field camp/clinic next week

Default Re: Raising money for UL Track & Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ For anyone interested, after the 1st of the year RaginPagin.com will join with Delphi in raising money for UL track. _
    What is the money going to be raise for? Better facilities, recruiting, better equipment?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ What is the money going to be raise for? Better facilities, recruiting, better equipment? _
    Uniforms, equipment, other necessities.

Track & Field Re: Raising money for UL Track & Field

OK, I am in, what is the going rate of donation?

I am really pumped about this new track coach and the UL Track and Field program.

Has there been any new hires by our new track coach?

DaddyCajun

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ OK, I am in, what is the going rate of donation?
    The minimum they're asking for is $50, but some are pitching in for a benjamin. I think Cajunsmike is planning to talk to Scott Farmer after Jan 1 to see if he can get some high rollers to match what we put up.

Track & Field Re: Raising money for UL Track & Field

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ The minimum they're asking for is $50, but some are pitching in for a benjamin. I think Cajunsmike is planning to talk to Scott Farmer after Jan 1 to see if he can get some high rollers to match what we put up. _
    Recommended amount $50.00 amount appreciated anything that is within someone's budget at this time of year. We know this is a hard time right this moment but we just found out that tract and field needs things so we started a small drive.

Point made was we had over 300 active members of Delphi $50.00 could mean as much as $15,000.00 a ten spot would create over three thousand.

10. Endurance Training Worth a look: Lauren Lange

She may not be perfect, but she's close.

Lauren Lange, this year's All-Acadiana Cross Counry MVP, is only a sophomore, but her 8th place finish at state earned her a spot on the top of the All-Acadiana team.

Lange's fastest time is 19:41, but beating that time is what keeps this all-star athlete motivated.

"I think the thing I love about cross country is that it makes me push to be better," Lange said. "I really like the competition. I knew cross coutnry was for me when I started breaking 20 minutes and started winning. It's just for me and I really love it."

Lange is also a cheerleader at Erath, and she competes in trampoline-a sport she said helps her prepare for the rigors of cross country.

"It really keeps me in good shape," Lange admitted. "I have to condition myself all year long to compete in trampoline. Three days a week I wake up at 4:30 and run. On the weekends I run longer distances."

The rest of the story

Grant Alexander
    galexander@theadvertiser.com

11. Endurance Training Re: Worth recruiting: Adam Saloom

He's cool, calm and under control at all times.

All-Acadiana Boys Cross Country MVP Adam Saloom has worked since the seventh grade to achieve the level of cross country ability he now has.

Saloom's best time was a 15:49 and he was named to the All-State team. He also plays soccer, but running is what is usually on his mind.

"When I'm out there running, it's just me against the clock," Saloom said. "I really like it because the result depends squarely on me. That may sound selfish or whatever, but it's why I like it."
    Saloom added that he has made a lot of friends running cross country.

He said he doesn't remember when he fell in love with cross country, but that once it happened, it took over his life.

The rest of the story

Grant Alexander
    galexander@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Worth a look: Lauren Lange

She'll be a great addition to the Cajuns Cross Country and Track program in two years.

Track & Field Give to UL Track and Field

Turbine,

I noticed that you have a PayPal link on the frontpage to give to UL Track and Field, which is running alongside the Delphi effort. I've already pledged $100 on the Delphi board, but haven't sent in my check yet, and would rather do it like this. If we donate through this PayPal site, is all the money going to go to you, and then you will write one check to the Delphi Representative?

Just Curious.And wanted to create a thread so all people can know a little more about what's going on.

14. Track & Field Re: Give to UL Track and Field

Yes at the end of this month I will send a single combined (donations) check to Charlie Beckett (his son ran track at UL) and he will in turn send 1 check to the proper UL channels.

In case some did not know, the effort hopes to get matching funds.

Default Re: Give to UL Track and Field

I think it's great you guys are doing this. Thanks.

When I ran from '99-'03, it seemed our program was always strapped for cash, in a big way.

Also, with Silvey now at the helm, hopefully there will also be some better scholarship management. Nothing angers me more than guys with potential, but no heart, contributing almost nothing but still riding 4 year athletic scholarships. At some point, the coach has to step in and say, "Achieve XYZ or you run/throw/jump for free next year."

I noticed back in August of '07, Silvey had a paper posted at the track stadium setting forth placement requirements at the Sunbelt Championship meets for earning/keeping a track & field scholarship.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information