Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2007-08

Default Next ULL Track and Field Coach

Anyone heard any rumors or speculations on who this might be? My son has commited but would like to know the direction of team

2. Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I do not see much hidden talent on UL's track team. We have finished last or second to last the past four years if I am not mistaken. There are a few talented athletes but Silvey did not overlook talent that was already there because there is not any collegiate athletes on that track. No disrespect to those athletes who do run for us but they are not good enough to cut it in the Sunbelt. _
    i agree.but silvey came in the wrong time and the staff hired the coach at the wrong time. the team were about to get fired up with lance v. and win some meets. they was on the transition to the championship level. i felt them.

3. Track & Field Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    _ Ok.this whole ordeal of current UL Track athletes coming on here and whining about Silvey "being hard" has officially ____ed me off.

This person is the second joker to officially do that.

The first person _____ed about how Silvey never showed them any respect and told them they weren't any good.

I'm glad he/she chose to be a student-athlete and didn't sign up for the military at 18, or they would have been royally ________'ed.

I spent 99-03 as a member of the track team here. And you know what burned my ass the most? Scholarship athletes not producing a damn thing.and coaches not jumping their ass and threatening to pull their scholarships!!

When you are a scholarship holding, student-athlete, you have two jobs:

1. Stay eligible to hopefully take advantage of your reduced/free college ride and get a degree.

2. Produce for the team that is paying your way. Meaning, if you are a scholarship track athlete, you damn well better be scoring in conference championship meets.

During my time on the team, I scored a combined 6 points at the SBC Championships.3 points at SBC Outdoors my Jr. year, and 3 at SBC Outdoors my Sr. year. That was 6 points more than quite a few quys who were recruited (I walked on) and given much more than me.

Of course, the whole time, I didn't care about them giving me money. I wanted the coaches to pull scholarships from the free-loaders so we could have extra money to recruit guys who could actually help us win a damn conference championship ring. That's what it is all about.not bull____ APR ratings to make the university look good.

Silvey was ready to bring those championship rings back to UL. However, it's obvious the university and quite a few of the track & field athletes were not willing to make the sacrifices to get it done. _
    i agree.but about the scholarship athletes, they are good and they can run like LSU if u know what i mean. with lance there was impovement in the athletes who was about to open themselves to show their true spirit. they was about to do it. there was a walk-on that the team believed he was the one who can carry the team.he was quiet all the time and his eyes was like on fire. if u would see him, u could believe him he is the one who can do it for the team and for UL. he said somthing about being fastest man in the planet and i believed him but silvey had cut him in front the whole team and told him that he wasnt good enough. if he had told him what he felt that track his true love.he would have stayed with the team and get UL track team poppin.lol

4. Default Re: Two Ragin' Cajuns Qualify for Regionals at La. Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Aww.poor baby.

My God, the more I see posts from what are obviously current UL Track & Field athletes, the more I'm convinced Silvey was on the right track.

Want a shoulder to cry on? Mine's not available. _
    i dont want your nasty shoulder to cry on. im here to tell the truth. silvey aint **** and the other coach aint ****. if u want to know the truth, go find out and see. . . . . .

Default Re: Two Ragin' Cajuns Qualify for Regionals at La. Classics

Quote Originally Posted by chicken man View Post
    _ i dont want your nasty shoulder to cry on. im here to tell the truth. silvey aint **** and the other coach aint ****. if u want to know the truth, go find out and see. . . .
    Look let me give you some advice, if you are a current track athlete, stay off of these boards because former athletes who have competed on the same track as you are not satisfied with finishing last in conference when we worked our butts off to win and establish a tradition here only to watch the current athletes ____ that tradition away.

Default Re: Next UL Track and Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by trackdad View Post
    _ Anyone heard any rumors or speculations on who this might be? My son has commited but would like to know the direction of team _
    We should have a good idea of who the coach will be in the next few weeks. If things go well then we will be in good shape.

Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

_ i agree.but about the scholarship athletes, they are good and they can run like LSU if u know what i mean. with lance there was impovement in the athletes who was about to open themselves to show their true spirit. they was about to do it. there was a walk-on that the team believed he was the one who can carry the team.he was quiet all the time and his eyes was like on fire. if u would see him, u could believe him he is the one who can do it for the team and for UL. he said somthing about being fastest man in the planet and i believed him but silvey had cut him in front the whole team and told him that he wasnt good enough. if he had told him what he felt that track his true love.he would have stayed with the team and get UL track team poppin.lol _
    Dude go to an LSU parctice and see how long they would last. Their practices are like boot camp much like Silvey's were. If you were not good enough then you did not get coached period and they let you know about it also. There are three levels of athletes at LSU, elite, conference, and everyone else. If you are not at least in the upper echelon oof conference they do not give a crap about you. How many athletes on our team this year would even get coaching at LSU? I can tell you, 1 Chris Roy thats it.

Default Re: New UL Track & Field Coach

_ i agree.but about the scholarship athletes, they are good and they can run like LSU if u know what i mean. with lance there was impovement in the athletes who was about to open themselves to show their true spirit. they was about to do it. there was a walk-on that the team believed he was the one who can carry the team.he was quiet all the time and his eyes was like on fire. if u would see him, u could believe him he is the one who can do it for the team and for UL. he said somthing about being fastest man in the planet and i believed him but silvey had cut him in front the whole team and told him that he wasnt good enough. if he had told him what he felt that track his true love.he would have stayed with the team and get UL track team poppin.lol _
    Not only does the team need a coach to clean house and rid the program of those ____ing away talent and wasting scholarships, but you obviously need a few English classes. Hardly anyone has perfect grammar, especially on a message board, but come on.

Track & Field Re: Next UL Track and Field Coach

Well I am not sure how long he has to change his mind.Do we have a cpl of weeks to see who they do hire? My son chose ULL because he liked the coach/coaches and the university but want to make a right decision before commiting 4 years and not knowing the direction of the program. Has anyone heard of any other commitments have backed out?

_ Well I am not sure how long he has to change his mind.Do we have a cpl of weeks to see who they do hire? My son chose UL because he liked the coach/coaches and the university but want to make a right decision before commiting 4 years and not knowing the direction of the program. Has anyone heard of any other commitments have backed out? _
    I don't know squatt about any of this-but why don't you call or email David Walker the AD and if you are local go by and visit him and judge for yourself what the university's plans and commitment are.

_ Well I am not sure how long he has to change his mind.Do we have a cpl of weeks to see who they do hire? My son chose UL because he liked the coach/coaches and the university but want to make a right decision before commiting 4 years and not knowing the direction of the program. Has anyone heard of any other commitments have backed out? _
    To my knowledge no commitments have backed out. i have heard that they are in negotiations or close to that point with a new coach. If we are able to hire him We will be in really good shape.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ To my knowledge no commitments have backed out. i have heard that they are in negotiations or close to that point with a new coach. If we are able to hire him We will be in really good shape. _
    Do you have a name and are not willing to say? Or have you just heard that there is a name?

To all those concerned,
    I have spoken to Scott Farmer and there are several great candidates! We will not have a problem with the new hire and he is going to be a good one!
    There have been no requests for release thus far and all of the new recruits are very excited about being at U L! It is all upside with the new administration coming in!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ To all those concerned,
    I have spoken to Scott Farmer and there are several great candidates! We will not have a problem with the new hire and he is going to be a good one!
    There have been no requests for release thus far and all of the new recruits are very excited about being at U L! It is all upside with the new administration coming in! _

At no time in the last 10 months has the University lost sight in wanting to develop a great track program. Scott Farmer will land a coach that will accomplish the goals we have heard about.

15. Default Re: Next UL Track and Field Coach

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    _ I don't know squatt about any of this-but why don't you call or email David Walker the AD and if you are local go by and visit him and judge for yourself what the university's plans and commitment are. _
    Sound Advice!!!!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information